Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2009, 08:42 AM

1,664 posts, read 4,363,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by end_of_faith View Post
For those wondering who might be reading this forum: yes, Gary is being kept well-informed. One of Gary's minions (the eyes and ears of the "Master") is reading and reporting to "His Imminence."
And so it goes.

This thread has far exceeded my expectations.

To see this fraud unravel and exposed for what it really is would be truly divine...

Old 10-01-2009, 11:46 AM

1,628 posts, read 4,039,166 times
It was all so obvious to me...

Follow the money!

Old 10-01-2009, 09:37 PM

6 posts, read 17,131 times
Default dead end musings

Yes, end of faith, it is very telling that in order to bow out, one must cover one's own ass. But I did feel like that would be the best way to do things. As for Temecula, I know that MP HQ is in Temecula, but I don't know whether that bank failure has anything to do with the next round of swine flu hype. Reading that swine flu posting was like having the same bad dream twice!

Old 10-02-2009, 01:18 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,502,064 times
I caught swine flu in Manila. It's not that bad, just another flu, but easier to catch.

Talking to a health care worker, I asked what the big fuss was about, since it was basically just a normal flu. She said that flues that are easy to catch aren't a bid deal to 1st world countries, but in countries that have 3rd world health care, and where dysintry alone can kill you, it is a problem.

So it's all about perspective. Swine flu isn't more leathal, its just easier to get. If you live in a country were people don't normally die from a simple flu, its really just an inconvienance. In 3rd world countries, it can be a problem though because flues kill there. Thats why there is such a big deal made about it.

That's the way I understood it anyway.

Old 10-04-2009, 09:51 AM

175 posts, read 424,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I caught swine flu in Manila. It's not that bad, just another flu, but easier to catch.

Talking to a health care worker, I asked what the big fuss was about, since it was basically just a normal flu. She said that flues that are easy to catch aren't a bid deal to 1st world countries, but in countries that have 3rd world health care, and where dysintry alone can kill you, it is a problem.

So it's all about perspective. Swine flu isn't more leathal, its just easier to get. If you live in a country were people don't normally die from a simple flu, its really just an inconvienance. In 3rd world countries, it can be a problem though because flues kill there. Thats why there is such a big deal made about it.

That's the way I understood it anyway.
I've heard the same thing. But I guess inciting apolcalyptic fear in people is a common pattern among men who start their own religions.

If you believe in fairy tales: Jesus healed a leper...but Gary fears influenza.... hmm, yep the spiritual miracle market suffers the burden of tall tales and impotence.

It appears that the money, time, energy, and service students invest for "the ever-present protection and guidance of the Inner Master (Gary's spiritual form)" isn't worth that much, eh?

Many thousands of people die every year from the flu. People also die from war, poverty, disease, car accidents, etc. Aren't "chelas" taught "to die daily." Aren't they the ones who fear no death because they are "leaving the body daily?" Just think the self-anointed "omni-everything Godman" projects hyped-up fear over the possibility of dying from influenza. Darn, you mean the omnipotent Garji is helpless in protecting "his own" from the flu?

Old 10-04-2009, 08:11 PM

268 posts, read 457,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by end_of_faith View Post
Many thousands of people die every year from the flu. People also die from war, poverty, disease, car accidents, etc. Aren't "chelas" taught "to die daily." Aren't they the ones who fear no death because they are "leaving the body daily?" Just think the self-anointed "omni-everything Godman" projects hyped-up fear over the possibility of dying from influenza. Darn, you mean the omnipotent Garji is helpless in protecting "his own" from the flu?
Fantastic, and that's what is so ironic about the MP bird flu memo, as well as the quotes SoulPatriot posted from Gary "Dearest Loved Ones" swine flu memo. On the one hand, Gary presents himself as all-knowing and claims inside information (which is laughable). But that's juxtaposed against his recommendations that are laced with irrational fear, revealing him to be just a helpless man. Actually not only a helpless man, but a wacko paranoid one at that. Meanwhile I'm pretty sure most of the MP chelas have more sense than he does if they'd only trust themselves.

But also, one of the common tenets of all religion is the whole idea of "do unto others as you'd have them do unto you". It's not exclusive to Jesus, nor is the virtue of selflessness. Yet Gary seems to be all about saving himself and encourages his followers to be the same way. He basically suggested that MP chelas should protect themselves from the infected masses any way they can. For them, this could have equated to buying guns, the fake "infected" signs on their houses, or just staying inside and taking advantage of all of the stockpiles and solar crap they bought while other people dropped like flies. Maybe Gary watched too many "outbreak" type movies, I don't know. But as a supposed guru - who claims to be in the same spiritual lineage as Jesus - I would think he'd encourage compassion for his fellow man (infected or not). Particularly if the teachings say that our souls outlast our bodies.

Flu (H1N1 or otherwise) manifests in people different ways, as history shows us. Even before modern medicine, with the plague, etc., human beings helped other human beings and saved lives. Why not, as a supposedly loving spirit, risk moving on to the next life knowing you tried to do good in this one? After all, you could be the next Beethoven or Cleopatra (like Joy was) if you play your cards right.

Gary is such a tool. But I will give him credit for being consistent, since MP seems not to support even one charitable cause. There seems to be little about his brand of spirituality that has regard for other souls. It's really one of the best pieces of evidence that he is a megalomaniac, not a spiritual leader.

Old 10-05-2009, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet11 View Post
He basically suggested that MP chelas should protect themselves from the infected masses any way they can. For them, this could have equated to buying guns, the fake "infected" signs on their houses, or just staying inside and taking advantage of all of the stockpiles and solar crap they bought while other people dropped like flies.
ah yes, the banner testament to the "Brotherhood of Man and the Fatherhood of God" is so not awe-inspiring as demonstrated in Gary's directive to hang "Fake Infected" signs on your house .... I suppose it's okay to lie in protecting yourself when done in the "Name of God..." And even more spiritually advanced and sanctioned when done in the name of "Guru."

What a way to live life: fearing the unknown, and not thinking for yourself. Living the seductive illusion that you have "been hooked up to the Word of God" through a man that you believe knows something about your own soul or God (if such a thing even exists) that you do not.

When a person leaves a group such as MP, they go through many phases of re-integration into the world. It is a painful process that the devoted have yet to understand or realize. One of the first things is the "identity crisis" ... it is very real and intense. When you invest everything in the concept of "being a chela of a Guru" and all that entails .... and then you realize the lie, you have to confront "who am I if I'm no longer a chela." Being a "chela" on MP requires all of you: heart, mind, body, and soul, and when you leave, you realize your "ex-Guru" is utterly clueless about your actual experience.

(And we haven't even gotten into the fear tactics used, the manipulation games, the personality trips, the power plays, and the jeopardy in which the actions of this particular guru has placed some people.) Of course, they see no harm in any of their actions, and in fact, expect us to buy and uphold them as "God in action". They have yet to realize that the "Will of Gary" is not the "Will of God." Sounds so simplistic, and yet, believers are believers no matter the name of the group: they categorize, rationalize, and justify...and defend to the nth degree that which they do not really know.

We are not alone, and this forum is a great healing process for many of us.

PS. I don't know you Violet, but I sure love your passion for truth, and participation on this forum. I've really enjoyed your rational, insightful, and witty view of MP/Olsen. And I really respect and appreciate your depth of understanding for those who have left the group.

Last edited by end_of_faith; 10-05-2009 at 10:34 AM..

Old 10-05-2009, 11:00 AM

Yes, I can only imagine how daunting it must be to have to redefine yourself after living on Gary's path. The power he seems to exerts over his followers is sickening to me. I don't care what anyone says about the need for a guru. If Gary found the teachings and practices, then anyone can find them. With or without Gary or Eckenkar. Instead of meditating on Gary or another guy's image, couldn't people chant the "hu" and picture flowers, the ocean, or Mickey Mouse?

Granted, I don't claim to know the specifics of MP teachings. But for instance with transcendental meditation (TM), there is no directive to involve ANY person or thing when practicing meditation. At the time I was taught (by a lady who followed Maharishi in the 70s and was not associated with the TM organization), I sort of believed the claim that my mantra was unique to me. I bought into the idea that it should never be said out loud, and never shared with anyone. Of course I soon learned that was a bunch of malarkey. There were only a handful of mantras for everyone, they just picked one of five words based on your birthdate or something like that. But this did not anger me or take away from the benefits I experienced through TM. Nor did the reports of Maharishi's insecurities and improprieties. Because I could never have placed my "soul" in the hands of another human being. Maharishi taught what he taught, and his contribution to countless people is undeniable. But he was a man. To put him (or any so called "guru") above yourself is a mistake, though apparently a common one. To me it would be the same thing as hanging pictures of my childhood piano teacher and making her central to my life. Piano lessons were a great benefit to me, as was TM. Simple as that.

Whatever, the only point I'm trying to make is that I hope MP followers might take away something from their experience, even after realizing Gary is a creep. Whatever the teachings of light and sound/sant mat are, they should not be about Gary or anyone else. If the requirement is to be initiated by a master or satguru or whatever, then fine. But I don't believe for a second that the original intentions were to gather followers for monetary gain, sell photos, give doomsday predictions, or gratify the egos of people like Gary. That's the problem with MasterPath as I see it. Or one of the problems anyway.

Old 10-05-2009, 11:18 AM

For anyone reading that may not have linked to the MP bird flu memo online, this is the passage that mentioned putting what I referred to as the phony "infected" signs on your house...so that there can be no question of the context:

"Safety and security suggestions – human and animal contact:
• The safest approach may be that once holed up, consider not letting anyone in or out during the infectious stages
Putting up a sign that says "Beware: Contaminated Person"
• Protection is an individual matter but consider that you do have the right to protect yourself and your survival."

Old 10-05-2009, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet11 View Post
For anyone reading that may not have linked to the MP bird flu memo online, this is the passage that mentioned putting what I referred to as the phony "infected" signs on your house...so that there can be no question of the context:

"Safety and security suggestions – human and animal contact:
• The safest approach may be that once holed up, consider not letting anyone in or out during the infectious stages
Putting up a sign that says "Beware: Contaminated Person"
• Protection is an individual matter but consider that you do have the right to protect yourself and your survival."

Bravo! on both posts.

and for anyone reading this forum: yes, my posts express cynicism, heavy skepticism, and very healthy doubt about the "One" I once believed and called "Guru." I no longer bow in submissive supplication to His Will or Word. He has demonstrated and proven the exact opposite of his claim to "True Guru."

I recently read something about "cynics" that I just love: scratch the surface of a cynic and underneath you'll find a disillusioned idealist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality