Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2010, 10:25 PM

1 posts, read 780 times

Advertisements

Before finding the series of books I had dreams about them.........they are very much reality....just as we as spirit will exist 1000s of years from now and the physical around us may/ will not.....the spiritual part of us is more real than the physical..........

Sadly, it is essential to some to discredit spirit.....not to worry...just know what you know...be happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2011, 04:59 PM

2 posts, read 5,494 times
I'm saddened to see so many good people and serious seekers continuing to be taken in by this hoax. Spalding's close friend and associate waited until after his death in the early '50s to tell what really happened, so the information has been available for a long time. Spalding made the whole journey to Tibet up, it's all fake. Sorry folks. There are lots of books like this. Please look into this more closely.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:13 PM

5 posts, read 4,735 times
Have you read "Path of The Masters". I just started skimming through it.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:00 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,725,532 times
The great strength of Buddism is that its adherents are free to choose truth from all religions; such freedom of choice has seldom been characterized in earth religions. The willingness to appropriate truth from any and all sources is indeed a commendable tendancy to appear among religious believers since the 20th. century.
Buddhism itself is undergoing a major renaissance in the east. Couple this movement with the emergence of China as a superpower and you have the makings of a provocative melding in religious evolution.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:04 AM

3,040 posts, read 5,001,071 times
Pawporri, Yes, I have read "Path of the Masters" very good book, lots of insights, you'll enjoy the book. The thing about Buddhism is, it is not a religion, there is no deity to be worshipped, one is free to expand their beliefs in any direction they choose.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:22 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,971,076 times
I had 'ah-ha!' moments from 'The Seat of the Soul' by Gary Zukav and, for some who are more advanced, there are the Alice Bailey books. The Bailey books are dense and sometimes difficult. There are frequently two meanings in them and the second is only 'got' by those who have had certain experiences on the path. I have found them worthy of re-reading.

Old 09-16-2011, 10:12 PM

1 posts, read 581 times
I have just read some first chapters of this book, but I immediately realized that it is the best book I studied. Although I have a deep knowledge about science, I also know that it has its own limit simply because of its approaches and assumptions. Hope that you find it useful.

Old 09-17-2011, 03:14 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
It is depressing to see how easily those who know and understand science (or say they do, anyway) can be completely blown away by someone pandering to the innate longing to know all the answers by coming up with a lot of spirit force speculation.

Old 06-25-2012, 03:13 PM

1 posts, read 492 times
Default The Skeptics Are In Spiritual Prison

Whether you believe it or not there have been many links from Quantum Physics now relating to this philosophy, and reality with contemporary belief is changing after the trials of the Christian Church and its hypocrisy and controlling natures. There are mysteries about Spalding himself. Is it possible that, assuming this book has truths, Spalding was in India via the form of a dream or out of body experience? That would explain him not having physically been to India until after the book was published. I too cannot stop myself from transporting my mind into other "worlds" as a "dreamer". I happen to be a writer, a visonary, and someone who wishes to unlock mysteries.
And I'm not the only one.

Old 06-25-2012, 05:22 PM

7,595 posts, read 6,085,921 times
I read the books many years ago , in college in fact, I would like to reread them but I do not know what happened to my copies. (they are probably somewhere along side Castanada's works.)
They hold a lot of interesting lessons and sotires, but need to be taken in the allegorical context in which they were intended.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality