Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 12:40 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,078 times

Advertisements

Thoughts?
Do you listen to him?
If you knew he supported a dictator who had been indicted for CRIMES AGAINST HUMANITY would you still listen to him?
Why?

Pat Robertson's Gold (washingtonpost.com)

Pat Robertson's Katrina Cash

Pat Robertson & Charles Taylor: Defending the Indefensible President of Liberia

Pat Robertson Slams Bush On Liberia, TV Evangelist Defends Liberian President Charles Taylor - CBS News

Charles Taylor (Liberia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pat Robertson: Money and Morals

Weblog: Pat Robertson Alone in Support of Liberian President | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

usnews.com: Opinion: Michael Barone on connections between Jesse Jackson, Pat Robertson, and al Qaeda (11/12/01)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 01:01 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
I'll have to look through your links, bigthirsty, I've never heard most of those allegations.

I've always kinda liked Robertson. He's quirky and all but I do feel like the 700 Club has done some good things and I know they have a lot of stories that are truly inspiring on there. Are they perfect? Nah. And certainly Robertson's comments on assassinations were out of line. Anyway, I've appreciated the 700 Club's shows and I know many people have come to know Christ through them. So, whether all good or all bad or something in between, God has used them.

I tend to look at the source(s) when I start trying to critique or judge another professing Christian. (Of course that's after I look at myself first)

Old 09-19-2008, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Are they perfect? Nah.
I'm not asking for perfection. I truly don't understand the fascination with believing these types of people in the face of facts. This man supported a dictator that killed people. It was practically genocide. Furthermore he supported him for financial gain.

I guess I don't understand the need to cut off your nose to spite your face (not you personally). Its just something I don't understand which is why I'm asking the questions.

For instance.. Barack O'bama gets labeled the Anti-Christ by some Christians.

Yet Pat Robertson.. a man who has diamond blood on his hands.. gets a free ride because he has "ultimately done some good".

Its way beyond my understanding.

Quote:
So, whether all good or all bad or something in between, God has used them
I don't, won't and never will accept that something I believe in condones Pat Robertson and his vile.

Quote:
I tend to look at the source(s) when I start trying to critique or judge another professing Christian.
Me too. Which is why I posted this link Weblog: Pat Robertson Alone in Support of Liberian President | Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction

From the online magazine Christianity Today | A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction which states that it is "A Magazine of Evangelical Conviction".

If you ever have to wonder why the general public is wary of "Evangelical Christians" (the political term) its becasue of their irrational decision making skills. The ability to justify a person who by all accounts is a turd.. in the hopes that it will further a cause when in fact the turdiness of the man makes the ultimate cause stink to high heaven.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:48 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
Quote:
I'll have to look through your links, bigthirsty, I've never heard most of those allegations.
Just to reiterate this point

Old 09-21-2008, 10:14 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
I like the 700 club. I know Pat Robertson is involved in politics and has strong views (some I strongly disagree with), but supporting a dictator? I am not saying it is not true and I am certainly not saying it is. The fact of the matter is the 700 club does a lot of good things such as operation Blessing and other outreaches to the poor and oppressed. Pat Robertson will have to give an account for himself at some point, so people can choose to support his ministry or not.

Old 09-21-2008, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sun queen View Post
I like the 700 club. I know Pat Robertson is involved in politics and has strong views (some I strongly disagree with), but supporting a dictator? I am not saying it is not true and I am certainly not saying it is. The fact of the matter is the 700 club does a lot of good things such as operation Blessing and other outreaches to the poor and oppressed. Pat Robertson will have to give an account for himself at some point, so people can choose to support his ministry or not.
Its been like 8 years since the news broke. Any guesses on when his account will be told?

Old 09-21-2008, 12:35 PM

692 posts, read 1,732,425 times
Thanks for the links to the articles bigthirsty.

Old 09-23-2008, 10:45 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Pat Robertson is a genius. He knows so much about so many issues until I have confidence in his opinions about a great many things.

Old 09-23-2008, 12:04 PM

Ohh look. Torture trial begins for ex-dictator's son. And by ex-dictator we mean the guy Pat Robertson supported.

Real men of genius that Pat Robertson.

Torture Trial Begins For Ex-Liberian Leader's Son : NPR

Old 10-30-2008, 04:02 PM

Torture Trial ends for Ex-Liberian Leader's son..

Ex-Liberian president's son convicted of torture - CNN.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality