Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 08:47 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times

Advertisements

Very interesting thefer. I also have a friend who's screen name begins with a J and she has been bugging me for goose and coon recipes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 09:04 PM

3,871 posts, read 17,105,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post

I don't have the slightest idea what a "gander" is.
I don't have the slightest idea what this thread is all about, as it's in the religion forum not the feathered friends forum. BUT I don't think your question has been answered -------
"What's good for the goose is good for the gander" means what is good for the female is good for the male. A goose is a female of the species, and a gander is a male of the species.
So the axiom means that a rule that applies to one person also applies to others in the same cirumstances.

Old 10-02-2008, 04:40 AM

7,996 posts, read 12,276,700 times
http://strictlykings.files.wordpress...osehuntnew.jpg

Good morning my dear, sweet man. What are you pondering today?

Ponder me, pondering you.

Old 10-02-2008, 08:20 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
June wrote:
Quote:
Good morning my dear, sweet man. What are you pondering today?

Ponder me, pondering you.
I was actually pondering you and wondering what your pontifications about this crazy thread I started were going to be. I'm also pondering what work I need to do around the house. Yesterday I was working outside and satan unleashed a hoard of creatures from the insect world to attack me. I expect that will happen again today.
Au revoir My Beloved

Old 10-02-2008, 08:40 AM

Default What? No Paris?

Quote:
June wrote:

I was actually pondering you and wondering what your pontifications about this crazy thread I started were going to be.

June has been pondering your pondering of her, my dear, sweet man, as we both ponder one another together in our ponderings!

Meet me in your pondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy,5515604

satan unleashed a hoard of creatures from the insect world to attack me.

Au revoir My Beloved

June is beside herself in hearing the words "Au revoir, my Beloved!"

Does this mean that you are bidding me your last "adieu?" June is so beside herself that she is extremely tempted to get down on her knees and pray that her Beloved Montana won't be taken from her forever! My darling, dear, sweet man: Send word of your undying love and well being!

Signed,

June: Inconsolable

Old 10-02-2008, 11:42 AM

7,784 posts, read 14,889,065 times
I have a friend whose name starts with a "J" and it's a blast to say it in your best Sylvester the cat voice but it makes a mess of your monitor!

I found this interesting:

Sermon: Wild Goose Chases, May 15, 2005 (http://www.bridgeportucc.org/sermons/2005_0515.htm - broken link)

Old 10-02-2008, 03:28 PM

June wrote:
Quote:
My darling, dear, sweet man: Send word of your undying love and well being!
Of course my love is undying and my au revoir was just a goodbye for the day, not forever my darling.
I was attacked by insects today but not as bad as yesterday. Then I stepped on my glasses that were laying on the floor of the shed I'm working on and bent the frames so bad it took me a half hour to carefully bend them back into shape without breaking them. It's also getting cold here and I had to turn on the heat. If only you were here I would give you the Mother of all Gooses (or would that be geese?).

Old 10-02-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:

If only you were here I would give you the Mother of all Gooses (or would that be geese?).

Mother Goose makes for some great bedtime stories...

Which reminds June: She hears that Fall in New England is especially lovely. --As I'm sure you well remember...

Called the airlines yet?

Ponder that!

Old 10-02-2008, 03:47 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
i just want to show off my new status so i am posting again and sighing with every post that june and montana man exchange....sigh....

Old 10-02-2008, 04:08 PM

DimSumRaja wrote:
Quote:
i just want to show off my new status so i am posting again and sighing with every post that june and montana man exchange....sigh....
Thanks. Yes I am very fond of June as you can probably tell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality