Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 08:00 AM

1,372 posts, read 5,210,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
So if the devil is consistently here on earth trying to alter our feelings for God than why isn't God consistently here on earth helping people believe in him????????????
He is Troop everyday
In
the little child who miraclulously gets well
In
any little thing that can restore one's faith
In
that cool easy feeling you get when you know you've done the RIGHT thing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2007, 08:42 AM

23,017 posts, read 34,387,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
So if the devil is consistently here on earth trying to alter our feelings for God than why isn't God consistently here on earth helping people believe in him????????????
dncngrl is right He is always here. We cannot know God until we enter into a relationship with Him through Jesus. Then we become children of God and we learn from His word what kind of Father He is. He watches over us tenderly and cares for us when we fall. The devil lies to us and says be afraid of God or your sin is too great to be forgiven. Jeremiah 29: 13 " If you look for me in earnest you will find me when you seek me". I feel His presence with me every day. 1 Timothy 6:17 teaches He richly supplies us with all things to enjoy but the most important thing God has given us to enjoy is Himself.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:32 AM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
We cannot know God until we enter into a relationship with Him through Jesus.
ILNC, I know you meant well with this post and meant it to be just informative, but I don't think it's fair to make this statement in a forum where there are other religions. I'm not a mod so I'm not saying it's not "acceptable"--just that it's not fair. For instance, our Jewish community here is FINALLY speaking up. Or, what am I saying, community...I've only even heard from one person. (And she's a sweetheart.) What you're saying to Jewish people, Muslim, or whatever faith other than Christianity is that they can't know God. Do you believe this is true? This is a real question.

People are balking that anyone would say Jesus could be a "myth" (sorry to drag another post title into this), but there's no hesitation, zero, to say, "Oh, your faith? Well, it's nice and all. Of course, it's totally fake; I mean you'll never know God."

It may be your belief that only you and those who share your religion can ever see God, but turn it around and think about what it's saying about people of other religions.

Again, I am sure you weren't considering this while writing your post, and that it wasn't an intentionally demeaning post or anything, but the end result is that it was demeaning, to all other religions.

Now if you want to outright state that Religion X or Religion Z will never get its people near God, you could start a post on it. I think in trying to do that...trying to word it in some way that wouldn't truly upset the people of that religion...you'd see what I mean about how judgemental it all comes off.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:43 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,745,612 times
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6, I can only repeat what the Bible says.

Old 05-18-2007, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arguy1973 View Post
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6, I can only repeat what the Bible says.
"Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that is true." -1 Thessalonians 5:20-21

This is a way of saying don't believe all the Man rules believe what you know is true and stick to it

Old 05-18-2007, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
"Despise not prophesyings. Prove all things; hold fast that is true." -1 Thessalonians 5:20-21

This is a way of saying don't believe all the Man rules believe what you know is true and stick to it
Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? lol cant tell

Old 05-18-2007, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? lol cant tell
Oh Dang agreeing and adding onto

Old 05-18-2007, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
Oh Dang agreeing and adding onto
i really need to take up coffee again!

Old 05-18-2007, 10:18 AM

Quote:
i really need to take up coffee again!
I got some french Vanilla here

Sorry OT

Old 05-18-2007, 10:35 AM

1,233 posts, read 3,435,009 times
The devil to me, seems to be very conveintent for the reglious people of that time, I mean scare people into submission, tell them they are going to hell if they don't obey, honestly I seem more evil come out of religious people than I have out of non-believers...Hate to say that, but it has been my expereinces in life, all my life too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality