Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2009, 08:19 AM
Itz Itz started this thread

714 posts, read 2,198,814 times

Advertisements

I've had an interesting theory/thought on ones spiritual awareness and spiritual direction they take in life.

Do we have forces at work whether good/evil that pull us toward a spiritual direction? If there is such a thing, is it in our best interest to let the current take us in that particular direction no matter which direction it is?

When someone has a "negative" reaction to a spiritual icon such as a cross, statue, etc.. what does that signify if anything?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 12:27 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,212,206 times
OK I'll bite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itz View Post
I've had an interesting theory/thought on ones spiritual awareness and spiritual direction they take in life.

Do we have forces at work whether good/evil that pull us toward a spiritual direction? If there is such a thing, is it in our best interest to let the current take us in that particular direction no matter which direction it is?
I think we are supposed to take what we learn and make our own decisions rather than merely floating like a dead leaf in a stream.

Quote:
When someone has a "negative" reaction to a spiritual icon such as a cross, statue, etc.. what does that signify if anything?
How about pentagrams and hexagrams? Are they inherently evil or is it mere symbology we apply to them? Odd that a cross the icon of Christianity, the thing that Jesus was crucified on is worn with such reverence celebrating either the crucifixion (crucifix) or the empty cross supposed to symbolize the resurrection when in all reality they should wear a model of an open tomb?

BTW the star of David is not a hexagram. it represents the Hebrew for DVD (David) where vowels are not used.

After all we are not supposed to make any graven image of anything.

Never seen a driver with a Jesus fish on his car giving the finger to another driver? Careful what you display

Old 03-20-2009, 12:35 PM

31 posts, read 42,090 times
The nature of the universe is towards pure love and perfection. As this is the ultimate goal it involves a bit of staggering along the way. To understand true love, empathy etc we must experience the polar opposite to truly know (Gnosis). The most productive spiritual times in our material life are actually the result of hardship and pain. Humans tend to be lazy spiritually and we wouldn't grow unless we were coaxed along our path. Even today, in the hardship beginning to face the world, we open ourselves to immense spiritual growth. So I wouldn't stress about it to much and definitely don't fear hardship as it's really our best friend.
Blessings,
The Anchorite

Old 03-20-2009, 06:47 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,302,508 times
Quote:

I believe that we have good and evil spirits around us. I feel and think that it is God that gives us our spiritual awareness. There are people that since spiritual things and others not, and other choose to ignore, and those who since things but don't know what they are experiencing. Once you have spiritual awareness you can then choose for yourself in which direction you want to go in good or bad.

Old 03-20-2009, 07:35 PM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,978 times
If your "theory" is reality, then that would mean evil spirits injected logic and reason in my brain.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:11 PM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,934 times
Quote:

I believe there are consequences to which "current" we allow to guide us.

I prefer the "current" called Love.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:23 PM

598 posts, read 917,087 times
"Spirituality" does not necessarily mean "religion".

No one was born with the ideas of "God", "cross", ... those ideas were artificially, forcefully, involuntarily injected into young minds by organized religion. The end results: many numbed brains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality