Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 03:22 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,850,694 times

Advertisements

I hate the cowards of the insect world. the ones that burrow into your body and drink your blood. I am talking about ticks. I have had lyme disease, so perhaps I am biased. I also hate chiggers. those things suck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2008, 03:33 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
Speaking of critters that burrow into your body there was a story on the news about a woman whose doctors thought she had a brain tumor but when they went to take it out it was actually a worm. The source was apparently from pork that wasn't throughly cooked which have these tiny organisms that if they survive the experience of being cooked and then eaten can grow into worms and end up in various parts of your body. The good news is the woman will make a complete recovery and this was much better than finding a tumor. Very strange though.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:08 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,460,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Speaking of critters that burrow into your body there was a story on the news about a woman whose doctors thought she had a brain tumor but when they went to take it out it was actually a worm. The source was apparently from pork that wasn't throughly cooked which have these tiny organisms that if they survive the experience of being cooked and then eaten can grow into worms and end up in various parts of your body. The good news is the woman will make a complete recovery and this was much better than finding a tumor. Very strange though.
That reminds me of a show I saw once that dealt with weird emergency room cases. I guess this woman was brought into the ER with her husband and they were both making a large racket about how she had bugs in her scalp. The doctor couldn't see anything but it seemed like every time he turned his back to do something both the husband and wife would scream that they were "popping out". Finally, after much searching, the doctor realized that these tiny little worms had burrowed into the skin beneath her head and were popping out of her scalp every couple of minutes. She said they itched like crazy and they were driving her mad.

Apparently, the only thing they could surmise was that on a trip to South America a few weeks earlier in which they explored old Mayan temples and and pyramids, she must have brushed her hair against something and it laid eggs in her scalp. Then, I guess the eggs hatched inside her head and she had little worms poking out every so often.

It was really disgusting and my wife and I were almost screaming at the TV and cringing in horror watching it.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:31 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
I guess the eggs hatched inside her head and she had little worms poking out every so often.

It was really disgusting and my wife and I were almost screaming at the TV and cringing in horror watching it.
I am cringing in horror just reading about it. Really! I just got chills.

Old 11-24-2008, 04:34 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,904 times
My kids recently discovered a book that my oldest son has, Grossology in the Home. They asked me to read it. The very first chapter talks about mites. BIG MISTAKE. I made sure that the book disappeared after that.

Old 11-24-2008, 05:32 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
That reminds me of a show I saw once that dealt with weird emergency room cases. I guess this woman was brought into the ER with her husband and they were both making a large racket about how she had bugs in her scalp.

I saw that show, yikes!! I thought at first, she had some nervousness problem, but no, they found real bugs. Nasty stuff!!
http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/images/graemlins/default/sick.gif (broken link)

Old 11-25-2008, 11:35 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Well, there was this neighbor we had many years ago who....oh never mind, he wasn't a critter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality