Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 10:57 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
You would need to put that verse in context. John is speaking about being born with original sin, and the sin that we commit prior to our salvation. If you continue further in the Book of John you will find these verses.

(1 John 3) 3 And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.

4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

5 And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.

6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.

7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

When bad thoughts come, they are temptations of the devil. If we do not embrace those thoughts, we have not sinned. If we give into sin, however, we are walking after the flesh and obeying the devil.

(2 Corinthians 10:5) "Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;"

The modern church has really distorted God's Word with all their theories. Adam & Eve did not sin when the devil planted the thought of eating of the forbidden fruit; the sin only came about when they actually reached out for it. We can shoot down the devil's thoughts when they come by being grounded in the Word of God. The aforementioned scripture clearly tells us what to do.

I have seen mass miracles and healings by Jesus as He confirms this teaching from His Bride.

Many blessings
I'm sorry, John was already saved when he made that statement. And while he was saved, he still stated, (WE). John was including himself, and doing so when he had already been born again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-25-2008, 09:46 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I'm sorry, John was already saved when he made that statement. And while he was saved, he still stated, (WE). John was including himself, and doing so when he had already been born again.
OK, I probably won't live long enough to hear the end of it, but I have to ask...

Joshua ben Joseph (a.k.a. Jesus--the Greek version of his name) and his disciples were all Jewish. "Born again" as what? There was no such thing as organized Christianity during his lifetime. Or, in practical terms, until the Council of Nicaea. And that didn't take place for another three centuries.

Old 12-25-2008, 10:22 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
(1 John 2:6) "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

(2 Timothy 3:16-17) "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

(2 Timothy 4:2-4) "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

Last edited by scgraham; 12-25-2008 at 10:42 AM..

Old 12-25-2008, 10:44 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
OK, I probably won't live long enough to hear the end of it, but I have to ask...

Joshua ben Joseph (a.k.a. Jesus--the Greek version of his name) and his disciples were all Jewish. "Born again" as what? There was no such thing as organized Christianity during his lifetime. Or, in practical terms, until the Council of Nicaea. And that didn't take place for another three centuries.
Being born again has nothing to do with organized Christianity. It was Jesus Christ who first stated that unless a man is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. In order to to receive eternal life, it requires two births. First a physical birth, and second, a spiritual birth. Jesus saith, marvel not that I say unto you a man must be born again. That which is flesh is flesh, and that which is spirit is spirit. Jesus teachings did not have to wait for the Council of Nicaea.

Old 12-25-2008, 01:18 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,607,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
Being born again has nothing to do with organized Christianity. It was Jesus Christ who first stated that unless a man is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God. In order to to receive eternal life, it requires two births. First a physical birth, and second, a spiritual birth. Jesus saith, marvel not that I say unto you a man must be born again. That which is flesh is flesh, and that which is spirit is spirit. Jesus teachings did not have to wait for the Council of Nicaea.
Thank you. I'm not even going to tell you what kinds of responses I was expecting. But a thoughtful and calm response wasn't on the list.

Old 12-28-2008, 06:14 PM

713 posts, read 1,957,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
(1 John 2:6) "He that saith he abideth in him ought himself also so to walk, even as he walked."

(2 Timothy 3:16-17) "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works."

(2 Timothy 4:2-4) "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine. For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables."

Come on man... it is not the healthy that need a doctor. It is the sick.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality