Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2008, 04:02 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,223,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
If it was a fallcy from the 1830s, why do Christian from the 1600s state that before Christ can return we would first see the Jewish people return to Israel, and retake Jerusalem? And believe this or not, this is recorded in books that people read over 300 years ago.
Citations would be helpful when you make these claims.

Quote:
And if the days of the Temple were over, we would not see a push by so many Jews today to build it.
Many = a fringe group - I get it.

Quote:
You are simply ignoring the facts on the ground. And because somthing has not been revealed to the public, does not mean it is missing. And in the case of the Ark, there are those who are telling us it is not missing. And some of these people are people who would be in the know.
My point, those - some - yup got it = majority.

Quote:
And where do you get your facts that state the majority of Jews are not in favor of rebuilding the temple? Can you show me some recent data? That may of been true years ago, yet I do not see any evidence to suggest this is true today, in fact, I see just the oppsite.
Proof you do not read my posts

See post 407

Link Psak 5768 Adar II 28 - The Sanhedrin - en

Quote:
And the Temple does not need to be built on the site of the Dome of the Rock, so that should pose no problem. Recent findings indicate that the actual Temple was about 102 feet from the corner of the Dome of the Rock.

The fact is, the vast majority of Jews were forced into slavery by the Romans and sent to other countries. The idea that there were isloated groups latter on is not important. The prophecies could only be fulfilled after the worldwide exile ended, and the Jews proclaimed Israel a nation once again. And they did this in 1948, and after almost 2,000 years of exile. I did not forget anything.
1948 and Israel was as a result of the League of Nations - read up some history, no one wanted the Jews after WWII not even England.

Quote:
What does the culture of South America have to do with the existance of dinosuars?

And how does moving on to South America shoot my arguement for the Ark in the foot? Please explain?
This is in the Noah's Ark thread, you went to the S.Americas to prove your claim of dinosaurs being on the ark.

See post 618 and your link 12 Witnesses to the Dinosaur figurines of Acambaro

My bad it was Mexico not S America

Quote:
Hancock's belief is based on History. Do you believe in Americas Revolutionary War? After all, you never actually saw the war happen, so how do you know it really happened?
This is called a straw man.
A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position.[1] To "set up a straw man," one describes a position that superficially resembles an opponent's actual view, yet is easier to refute. Then, one attributes that position to the opponent. For example, someone might deliberately overstate the opponent's position.[1] While a straw man argument may work as a rhetorical technique—and succeed in persuading people—it carries little or no real evidential weight, since the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted.[2]
Quote:
Yes, this is what I believe,
Should have stopped here - at least that is honest.

Quote:
and all of what I believe is either supported by historical accounts, or is revealed in the prophecies of the Bible.
Fail - it is your POV and not supported by historical "facts" and/or prophesies in the bible (see straw man above)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2008, 04:44 AM

414 posts, read 777,748 times
Post Will you read and think again???

Quote:
There was a time people said the Jews will never return to Israel, and they will never retake Jerusalem. Yet, time has proven them wrong. When the Bible tells you something is going to happen, you can be sure it will. The temple will be rebuilt, because the Bible tells us it will.

It has never been destroyed, but woefully absent from the minds of supposedly "chosen ones".

Peace and Love to all! Now!

Old 12-15-2008, 07:00 AM

4 posts, read 4,701 times
Hay Campbell34, what if the Bible is wrong....... just something to think about. I don't mean to upset you but most of the world (and by world I mean other people on the planet) doesn't believe in the bible.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:01 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,645,871 times
It seems to me that there definitely are messages being sent to America. But they aren't coming via weird interpretations of ancient verses. Rather, they are coming in the form of much more concrete actions...such as terrorists flying airplanes into the World Trade Center, and bombings of American embassies. (Even the recent incident of an Iraqi reporter throwing his shoe at our President should give us a clue about how we are perceived around the world). As Rocky said to Bullwinkle, "Now that's what I call a message!"

Old 12-15-2008, 07:43 PM

713 posts, read 1,959,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234567890ABC View Post
Hay Campbell34, what if the Bible is wrong....... just something to think about. I don't mean to upset you but most of the world (and by world I mean other people on the planet) doesn't believe in the bible.
Jesus said that when he returns that the whole world would have heard the Gospel. Jesus also asked when he returns, "Will there be any faith left?"

Old 12-15-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
It seems to me that there definitely are messages being sent to America. But they aren't coming via weird interpretations of ancient verses. Rather, they are coming in the form of much more concrete actions...such as terrorists flying airplanes into the World Trade Center, and bombings of American embassies. (Even the recent incident of an Iraqi reporter throwing his shoe at our President should give us a clue about how we are perceived around the world). As Rocky said to Bullwinkle, "Now that's what I call a message!"

America is destroyed in ONE hour. The message of messages.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:52 PM

Default God with us... God with us... God with us

[quote=LogicIsYourFriend;6557288]Some prophecies that did not come true:

Isaiah 7:14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.

"In Immanuel's name, we pray?" I don't think so.

The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel"—which means, "God with us." Matthew 1:23

JESUS IS GOD.... JESUS IS GOD.... JESUS IS GOD

Old 12-15-2008, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsum View Post
It will never happen..

That's what they said to Noah... then it started to rain.

Old 12-15-2008, 10:47 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,980,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234567890ABC View Post
That is a very good observation, because the Bible indicates that most people are headed to Hell because they don't believe in the God of the Bible. Your observation does not upset me, it really only confirms once again the truth of the Scriptures.

Old 12-15-2008, 11:50 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,934,124 times
Talking And now, back to our story...

Quote:
.... the Bible indicates that most people are headed to Hell because they don't believe in the God of the Bible.
Respectfully, I suggest your statement here is a bit, well...

While a small part of the community persists in pointless bickering about what is or is not true...

ref: skoro, back a few posts... "Fear seems to be the core feature in religious life."

It appears that Christians are v. afraid of many things (death, logical argument, observations that refute their beliefs....). Arks we aren't allowed to see. How convenient. Aerial images from 1952? 1952???? Flyovers in B-29s?

Wow! Say, I do believe we've moved along technically since then. Sorry, modern interpretations by us "evil ego-driven biased scientists", and a few dozen image interpreters, have shown this Mt. Ararat formation to be rock! "Basalt" was , I believe, the exact geological evaluation, based on x-ray flourescence, reflectance, thermal delta-variance and other very advanced techniques that geotech types use regularly, not to disprove biblical fables, but to simply search out and find potential mining sites.

When presented with the images that Xtians cling desperately to as the definitive Ark, and without telling the unbiased geotech types anything but "Can you tell us what this particular formation might be made out of, or what its origins might be?", they clearly said "Basalt outcropping, typical fault upthrust" That was 2006, not 1952. 1952??? Come on! So, while they're dead-accurate about their mining endeavour evaluations, when they can also go down and "proof" their secular research, it's all suddenly "bunk" when they do the exact same analysis on the Mt. Arafat mystery?

Yup. Sure. Of course. Why not? Understandable.

Unfortunately, sooner or later, someone "moves the sofa". But by all means, if you're comfy back there, feel free.

In the end, though, it is quite entertaining, and that may be the ultimate point, eh? (Certainly isn't convincing yet...)

So, thanks! (pass the popcorn and beers please).

Last edited by rifleman; 12-16-2008 at 12:10 AM.. Reason: typos
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality