Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 11:08 AM

4,781 posts, read 2,083,125 times

Advertisements

I thought by answering your question at that time. It would take away from my question. (kind of like you were changing the subject).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2007, 12:08 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBNN View Post
I thought by answering your question at that time. It would take away from my question. (kind of like you were changing the subject).
Sorry. I don't understand.

Old 03-14-2007, 12:30 PM

325 posts, read 1,408,394 times
Here's an article relevant to this thread that I just came across.

Scholar: 'Jesus Tomb' Makers Mistaken

www.wral.com/news/science/story/1233501 (broken link)

Old 03-14-2007, 12:43 PM

7,381 posts, read 7,692,666 times
Interesting article. Everyone has an opinion.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:04 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncsu99 View Post
Here's an article relevant to this thread that I just came across.

Scholar: 'Jesus Tomb' Makers Mistaken

www.wral.com/news/science/story/1233501 (broken link)
Just one mans opinion.

Old 03-14-2007, 01:36 PM

325 posts, read 1,408,394 times
Also, I found a TV program discussing the "Tomb of Jesus." This is obviously from the Christian perspective, and Lindsey is not politically correct so consider yourself forewarned.

Just posting as food for thought. Click on the episode for 3/2/2007. It runs about 30 minutes, but you can skip around if you wish.

hallindsey.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=17&Itemi d=30

Old 12-29-2007, 03:30 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,891,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaznjohn View Post
Oops!! You know that Christian religion thingy? Uh, nevermind.
I disagree. Some will not be able to accept it, but many more will adjust.

After all, what does the man himself matter -- it's the *message*, a way of looking, acting and believing, that brings us our religious convictions, whatever they may be.

Old 12-29-2007, 11:42 AM

364 posts, read 765,927 times
ahhh The good old jesus tomb.

I doubt it the Jesus of the bible for some reason.

1. archeology does not agree with it being The jesus of the bible.

2. Historians believe they miss-translate the names to seem it would count for Jesus of the bible.

3. Jesus father is given a name in this tomb which we can find nothing mention of him being called this nick-name in the Nt.

4. Jesus name john matthew etc.... were VERY popular in the first century.

I can list more but I think you can find old articles about what i said seraching on BBC fox news cnn and others if you know more.

Old 06-11-2008, 11:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,287 times
Default pal

my question might have asked before but i'll ask anyway....is the bible or the contents of the bible are absolute truths?

Old 03-07-2009, 07:24 AM

1 posts, read 5,326 times
Default I was brought up as a cathlic and was told never to have a psychic reading...until now...OMG glad i did

[FONT=Verdana]Hello all,
My sister and my self have spent so much money over the years since our parent passed in 2000 trying to find a medium that could bring our parents through and to let us know they are safe and still around us...with no luck! Well until now My friend had a reading by a psychic medium called Tim.

The validations that he told her was...to say the least ground shaking! for her, And now she is so content!

Last week i booked a reading with Tim, Before the reading i was was very sceptical because of the bad readings i have had over the past 8years. Before my dad passed of cancer in 2000 me and my sister had a big chat about what sort of things he would do to let us know he was around,

It was something we did not want to talk about as it was a very sad time but for some reason he wanted so we sat and let him say what he wanted to say. O BY GOD! Tim brought through my mum and dad,

He told me about the big chat we had at the hospital AND THE THINGS MY DAD SAID HE WOULD DO TO LET US KNOW HE WAS STILL THERE....OMG AAHHHHHH! It was so fabulus to know they were there and around us pluss free of the horrid pain he was in.

I will share one of the validations Tim told me, My dad was a long distance runner and was a teacher in wado ryu karate. In his tim and always wanted to run across Japan..one end to the other! So he made a joke and said.." When i die i will go and run across japan" Well soon as Tim told us that we just could not stop crying....O MY GOD! There was no way anyone could have known this but us, When he told us this we were in a private roon on the hospital ward.

So i feel i have to tell the world, Also if it helps other people like myself spending money for nothing and getting the validations i had its worth it!

You can find Tim at [url=http://www.psychicworkshop.net]Psychic Workshop[/url]

Good Luck!
Miraille.[/FONT][FONT=@Batang][/FONT]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality