Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 06:01 PM

4,049 posts, read 5,032,648 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This does seem to have drifted from the OP. . . my bad. Deserves its own thread, perhaps.
Ah yes, we have gotten carried away. good call.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:03 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geos View Post
I know the universe is run by flying, purple elephants. You can't fool me.
If that floats your boat then fine. I can see you are very closed minded regarding Christianity and I am not going to waste anymore energies debating with you on the topic. One last comment: There will come a day when you will KNOW that God DOES exist and you WILL have to face Him one day.

Old 12-06-2008, 09:48 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msconnie73 View Post
If that floats your boat then fine. I can see you are very closed minded regarding Christianity and I am not going to waste anymore energies debating with you on the topic. One last comment: There will come a day when you will KNOW that God DOES exist and you WILL have to face Him one day.
Hey Msconnie, why didn't you answer my question?

Old 12-06-2008, 10:13 PM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,933 times
Quote:
That's a fundamental believe, which is yours. Of course, us, atheists, don't believe in god, so i doubt we will ever meet Him face to face.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:12 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Hey Msconnie, why didn't you answer my question?
I'm sorry but which question is that?

Old 12-06-2008, 11:16 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShepsMom View Post
That's a fundamental believe, which is yours. Of course, us, atheists, don't believe in god, so i doubt we will ever meet Him face to face.
Interesting hypothesis. What exactly does belief have to do with the possibility of meeting God . . . if one exists?

Old 12-07-2008, 12:40 AM

998 posts, read 1,514,038 times
Quote:
Oh Connie. I thought you didn't impose your views? That's what you claimed, remember? Why didn't you just tell theliberalvoice that they are going to Hell? We all know that's what you meant. No need to be passive-aggressive about it.

Old 12-07-2008, 07:45 AM

2,403 posts, read 5,241,755 times
Quote:
And he'll make me suffer and burn forever and ever because I had the nerve to question "him"? That's my kinda god.

Old 12-07-2008, 10:21 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,659,169 times
I understand where the OP is coming from. Religion, in the way it's packaged and fed to the masses just doesn't fit every day reality--that is, if you're awake and alert to catch it.That's why so many abandon it. It doesn't make "sense" and to just believe and "have faith" is kinda like a Santa Claus reality--maybe only fit for children, but not thinking adults.
That said, I know there's more here than meets the eye. There's another whole level of "reality" that exists side by side to this "reality." Call it "universal energy" or whatever else the mystics, young and old, have called it, but it's there. Religion, to me, is not at all connected to this. It can be if you choose, but not necessary. Religion is like eating at McDonald's or Burger King for the rest of your life. It's mass produced and you don' t have to think about really what you're eating--you just pay your dollar and eat it.
The new age stuff, I don't swallow hook, line and sinker, but it's a bit closer to reality than the McDonald's. It's packaged, too and you don't have to think much to swallow it. I just have my own experiences (multiple) to go by over many years, and I have to integrate those to come up with my own version of what I believe. There' s no one size fits all when it comes to these things.

Old 12-07-2008, 11:33 AM

3,412 posts, read 10,171,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Interesting hypothesis. What exactly does belief have to do with the possibility of meeting God . . . if one exists?
I was responding to msconnie's post, if you haven't noticed.

So you're saying i will meet god face to face even that i don't believe in it? Is it a guarantee? Is it a fact? What is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality