Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 04:36 PM

431 posts, read 393,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I'll follow the decisions that have judged a fetus to NOT be a human life.
Have you ever heard the beating heart of that "NOT" human while in it's mother's womb? Ever seen a sonogram of that "NOT" human?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2007, 04:53 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittle View Post
Have you ever heard the beating heart of that "NOT" human while in it's mother's womb? Ever seen a sonogram of that "NOT" human?
No I haven't. At what stage does this occur?

And I have to ask, do those opposed to abortion also oppose taking people with no hope off of life support? Because I HAVE seen that and cintinue to believe in it.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:01 PM

22,913 posts, read 28,249,166 times
Quote:
5 1/2 to 6 1/2 weeks after conception. However, I will say that nice a symbol as it may be, a beating heart is not a suitable definition for a human.

Quote:
And I have to ask, do those opposed to abortion also oppose taking people with no hope off of life support? Because I HAVE seen that and cintinue to believe in it.
Depends on what you mean by life support. If you mean machines that breathe or beat a heart for a person...that needs to be the person or family's decision. Not the doctor and not the government. "With no hope" needs to be the decision of the individual or the individual's family. If you mean basic food and water, then yes, that is wrong. Turning off a machine that breathes for a person is a lot different than starving someone to death.

But again, there's a big difference between removing life support and purposeful killing. Big, big difference. One allows nature to take its course. The other stops nature from taking its course.

Old 03-06-2007, 05:52 PM

3,049 posts, read 8,905,090 times
well we are not a country that has that, we are a democratic Republic. So its about representative democracy and electoral college, which no one argued was a problem when clinton one in 92. and now they want one man one vote now.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:09 PM

431 posts, read 393,538 times
Quote:

The baby's heart begins beating at 22 days after conception and you can see the "flickering" of the heart in the ultrasound. At around 8-10 weeks you can hear the heartbeat with the doppler-type stethoscope the obstetrician uses.

Life support - that's a different ballgame altogether. Like Terri Shiavo - she was starved to death. No food and no water until she died. No way - I'm against that. Her parents should have been allowed to care for her.

When a machine is forcing your heart to beat - that's a call only the family and doctors can make together.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:11 PM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinajack View Post
well we are not a country that has that, we are a democratic Republic. So its about representative democracy and electoral college, which no one argued was a problem when clinton one in 92. and now they want one man one vote now.
So you're content to be off topic now?

Your argument conveniently overooks the fact that Clinton held a sizeable popular vote margin in '92 and '96. Sometimes the people actually do get to choose.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:18 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
A very small portion of the left maybe. G.W.'s biggest problem is that he brought neo-conservatism to the White House. That has nothing to do with his religion or lack thereof.
If you look at the context of my reply it was regarding, W attending the same church as Mrs Bill Clinton. I would be glad to debate Bush,s presidency but that's not the topic of this thread!

Old 03-06-2007, 08:27 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,257,497 times
Quote:
You need to separate church and state.

Being pro-choice IS NOT being pro-abortion, it's hoping to keep the government nose from places it doesn't belong.

Oh, OK, thanks for telling me what I need to do. . .
Being pro-choice is pro abortion. Pro choice is just a politically correct term for all the people who would cringe at the term "pro abortion". Just like so many other little euphemisms the left has concocked to make the truth more palatable for them.

Old 03-06-2007, 08:32 PM

1,962 posts, read 5,196,033 times
Religious Left? That's an oxymoron.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:13 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,818,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marks View Post
Religious Left? That's an oxymoron.
Actually Marks, "Christian left", would be an oxymoron, but make no mistake there is definitely a religious left , they worship at the alter of the federal bureaucracy, abortion rights, animal rights, homosexual rights, anti war, anti christianity, anti gun, anti america, these are the fundamentalist of the religious left!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality