Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 12:02 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Christians worship Christ . . . not Yahweh. Yahweh is a description of a primitive interpretation of God that Jesus came to correct so that we would know the true nature of God. Christ will decide who is and who is not a Christian . . . not "Bibleans" or "Churchians."
Well said
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 01:12 PM

45 posts, read 35,274 times
On the first note, if you can't obviously see the being that Christians believe in, then look at the etymology of the name. Christians. They worship Christ, who is the son of God, and Christ is God in human form.

Also in Buddhism. It is clearly in the name. Buddhism. The "A", however, is removed to help create fluency when using the word in a sentence.

Judaism, though, is a bit more difficult to explain. Try using Wikipedia to look it up.

Witchcraft itself is not a religion, however, there different forms of it. Such as Wicca and Paganism.
In Wicca, the witches (the people who practice Wicca) believe in two gods. The horned god (Baphomet) and the Triple Goddess. The Maiden Goddess, The Mother Goddess, and the Crone Goddess. Wicca is an earth-based religion which focuses on drawing energy from the earth, and earth's celestial partners as well as treating all beings equal.

Paganism is similar to Wicca, but the followers worship a number of random deities. (Please read more at Wikipedia.)

So, in order to understand a religion in its entirety, you must look into its etymology, what its beliefs and rituals are, and make a moral opinion of it.

Whatever you do, don't let people make opinions for you, (e.g. your pastor) because, this opinion is not yours, and God gave us freewill so we could think the way we wanted and dream the way we wanted, and just live a life of freedom. Anyone who thinks they can make your mind for you is a sin themselves.

Thanks~

Old 03-20-2009, 01:14 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
christian god of the bible is ethics and fairness
we got new gods 3 of them
god of the office is bottom line
god of the home is harmony at any price
god of the church is impression management.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:49 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Christians worship Christ . . . not Yahweh. Yahweh is a description of a primitive interpretation of God that Jesus came to correct so that we would know the true nature of God. Christ will decide who is and who is not a Christian . . . not "Bibleans" or "Churchians."
Uh, Yes we worship Jesus, but we worship God, who is manifested in three persons. God has many names and many titles, but only one God. Jesus is one with the Father.

We pray to the Father in the name of Jesus with the help of the Holy Spirit.

Is God of the OT different from God of the NT, NO. The only difference is Jesus came is flesh. I worship God, who is The Father, The Son and The Holy Spirit, and God's name is Yahweh, but personally I prefer to call Him Father.

Yahweh is the personal name that God gave to the jewish people and His name has not changed. Do you worship one without the other? Jesus and The Father are one. So, I worship God, who has many personal names.

Also Yahweh is our Heavenly Father who is our creator as well as Christ, and they are one.

So technically, I can say that I worship The Ancient of Days, Yahweh ( covenant name of God), El Olam, Immanuel, El Elyon, El Roi and the many other names of God, because these are just names.

Also Exodus 3:13-15. In verse 13 Moses wanted to know what is God's Name. God replied: "I AM WHO I AM" which is "YAHWEH" in the Hebrew language.

When the Lord Jesus Christ said, "Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM (YAH).

The Name of God "YAHWEH" appears in the New Testament in many places. Here are some of the occasions when our Lord Jesus Christ Himself referred to the Name of God written as "LORD" (in Capitals) which is "YAHWEH" in Hebrew.

"Hear, 0 Israel, the LORD (YAHWEH) our God, the LORD (YAHWEH) is One."

Yes, I worship Jesus who is one with the Father, you can't worship one with out the other, because they are one with each other. So, Christians worship Yahweh, Jesus, or what ever name you want to call God that He has given us.

So, when you worship are you not also worshipping the Father? So, yes we are worshipping Yahweh because His name has not changed.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatemenot View Post
On the first note, if you can't obviously see the being that Christians believe in, then look at the etymology of the name. Christians. They worship Christ, who is the son of God, and Christ is God in human form.

Also in Buddhism. It is clearly in the name. Buddhism. The "A", however, is removed to help create fluency when using the word in a sentence.

Judaism, though, is a bit more difficult to explain. Try using Wikipedia to look it up.

Witchcraft itself is not a religion, however, there different forms of it. Such as Wicca and Paganism.
In Wicca, the witches (the people who practice Wicca) believe in two gods. The horned god (Baphomet) and the Triple Goddess. The Maiden Goddess, The Mother Goddess, and the Crone Goddess. Wicca is an earth-based religion which focuses on drawing energy from the earth, and earth's celestial partners as well as treating all beings equal.

Paganism is similar to Wicca, but the followers worship a number of random deities. (Please read more at Wikipedia.)

So, in order to understand a religion in its entirety, you must look into its etymology, what its beliefs and rituals are, and make a moral opinion of it.

Whatever you do, don't let people make opinions for you, (e.g. your pastor) because, this opinion is not yours, and God gave us freewill so we could think the way we wanted and dream the way we wanted, and just live a life of freedom. Anyone who thinks they can make your mind for you is a sin themselves.

Thanks~
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm not really sure who you was sending this post too. But I was talking about these to another person. I understand the difference, but what I was seeing alot from forums is people are comparing some beliefs and faiths together simply because of what they think are similar or think they should go together.

Like you said Christian worship Christ, so it is not likely that they will worship Christ and follow Allah. But their are some people who are open to all faiths, but calling themself one thing. They can call themself anything that they want, but like you said if you are Christian then you will only follow Christ, not another gods. But their are so many people who are comparing someone who worships many gods, but calling them Christian. I just dont see how someone can just coin the name when the person is in many other faith and beliefs.

I'm not judging or saying that the person is wrong, but if I am worshipping allah, and following Christ, but practice Buddism, with witchcraft mixed in. Most would just say that the person is Christian, and I think that those types of assumptions are wrong.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:06 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Shawn_2828

Any person who follows Jesus' teachings is, by all means, a Christian. They don't have to believe He is God to do that. I worship God and God alone. There is only one God and no one is besise Him. Jesus became LIKE God through prayer for Divine Love. He was the first one to become LIKE God, therefore He could proclaim "I and my Father are one". Any person God ever created can do this.
Jesus taught His deciples this truth but they didn't understand so they interpreted the way that they could understand it. All through the ages, even now, ministers and priests and Popes still believe Jesus is God because Jesus' truths have been distorted from the beginning. John and Mary Magdelane were the only two that even had an idea what He was talking about.
When you put Jesus above or with God, you do not put God first. God is now and will always be first. Without Him, nothing, even Jesus, would exist.
Just because someone teaches something outside of the bible, does not mean they are not christian. I do not read or follow the bible but I am christian because I follow Jesus' teachings. Jesus is now and will always be my teacher until I no longer need Him. God showed me the way and I took it without question and because of that, I now live in light instead of darkness. You still live in darkness because you study a book that is thousands of years old. When you step away from the past and live in the now, you become more open to the higher truths not found in the bible. If a religion doesn't evolve, how can people evolveto higher spiritual truths? There is more out there than what's in the bible. It's primitive. You are not. The world is different than what it was when the bible was written. Some of the truths still hold true but not all of them. You even still believe in murder.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Shawn_2828

Any person who follows Jesus' teachings is, by all means, a Christian. They don't have to believe He is God to do that. I worship God and God alone. There is only one God and no one is besise Him. Jesus became LIKE God through prayer for Divine Love. He was the first one to become LIKE God, therefore He could proclaim "I and my Father are one". Any person God ever created can do this.
Jesus taught His deciples this truth but they didn't understand so they interpreted the way that they could understand it. All through the ages, even now, ministers and priests and Popes still believe Jesus is God because Jesus' truths have been distorted from the beginning. John and Mary Magdelane were the only two that even had an idea what He was talking about.
When you put Jesus above or with God, you do not put God first. God is now and will always be first. Without Him, nothing, even Jesus, would exist.
Just because someone teaches something outside of the bible, does not mean they are not christian. I do not read or follow the bible but I am christian because I follow Jesus' teachings. Jesus is now and will always be my teacher until I no longer need Him. God showed me the way and I took it without question and because of that, I now live in light instead of darkness. You still live in darkness because you study a book that is thousands of years old. When you step away from the past and live in the now, you become more open to the higher truths not found in the bible. If a religion doesn't evolve, how can people evolveto higher spiritual truths? There is more out there than what's in the bible. It's primitive. You are not. The world is different than what it was when the bible was written. Some of the truths still hold true but not all of them. You even still believe in murder.
Anyone can call themself Christian without really being one. You learned of Jesus teaching from some where, but does not mean that you learned the correct teaching. Jesus says that the bible is His word, but you don't believe in that. You can call yourself Christian, but when you make certain statements that don't add up to Christianity, please let the posters know that you are not getting the information from the bible but from other sources. Because alot of people are reading your post with confusion, because of alot of the stuff that you say and post are contradictory to Christianity.

If I call myself Christian, but I get my sources from other things that are not Christian, I should let poster know, so they want be confused. And by me reading some of you responces you quote things and say things that are in the bible, but you add certain things that are not true or even in there. So, you should allow your poster to know where you information is coming from.

Old 03-21-2009, 11:52 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,596,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
Anyone can call themself Christian without really being one. You learned of Jesus teaching from some where, but does not mean that you learned the correct teaching. Jesus says that the bible is His word, but you don't believe in that. You can call yourself Christian, but when you make certain statements that don't add up to Christianity, please let the posters know that you are not getting the information from the bible but from other sources. Because alot of people are reading your post with confusion, because of alot of the stuff that you say and post are contradictory to Christianity.

If I call myself Christian, but I get my sources from other things that are not Christian, I should let poster know, so they want be confused. And by me reading some of you responces you quote things and say things that are in the bible, but you add certain things that are not true or even in there. So, you should allow your poster to know where you information is coming from.
One might call it 'a Blake' thing as in William Blake. When I heard someone say that many preachers will use William Blake's poetry in their sermons and quote it as if it is scripture, that made me go, hm.
I must create a system, or be enslav’d by another man’s. I will not reason and compare: my business is to create—Jerusalem
William Blake - Biography and Works
I believe it has something to do with Blake being studied in seminary schools.

Old 03-22-2009, 04:01 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post

I will not find God for you, therefore when I post something and you are all addle brained about it, do your own research. You are responsible for your own soul, no one else.
I don't care if you think I am christian or not. It means nothing in heaven. God is not religious, humans made that doctrine.
This is the Religion and Philosophy forum, not christianity, therefore, I don't have to let anyone know where I get my information unless I am asked. That is up to the person to look it up. If your old enough to post on this board, your old enough to do that.
If something I say doesn't ring true to your soul (I'm not talking about your ego or mind) then ignore it and move on. That's how it works. Don't blame someone else if you cannot comprehend something.
For the final time. Whether you believe it or not, a lot of my teachings came from Jesus, therefore, I follow Jesus' teachings. I also learn from the apostles, Midwayers (ask the US Military about that one), Celestial Artisans, Magisterial Sons and many more. You can do your own research to see where it comes from. Ther are many created beings out there willing to be our teachers on spiritual matters. Most people, like you, close their minds to alll of this because they have been brainwashed to believe in only one thing. It's really sad.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:13 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Why are so many of them buying shrimp?

Leviticus 11:9-12 says:
9 These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat.
10 And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you:
11 They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination.
12 Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality