Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2009, 09:33 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,023,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
The soul comes from the ability to care about others.
People who only care about themselves have no soul.
Every person ever created has a soul. If someone had no soul, they wouldn't survive. How do you think miscarriages happen?? The body couldn't support the soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2009, 09:45 AM

1,788 posts, read 4,754,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Every person ever created has a soul. If someone had no soul, they wouldn't survive. How do you think miscarriages happen?? The body couldn't support the soul.
Care to back that statement up with...you know...facts and evidence? Or is this just something else that you "feel" is true but can't prove?

Old 03-24-2009, 09:53 AM

If I gave you, or anyone else, the facts like I do on other stuff, you would just make fun of me and say I'm the antichrist and talk to evil spirits, so whats the point? I've given my resources before and thats what people do when something contradicts their beliefs. I ccould give you several references but they need an open mind to be read and not just someone who wants to point that their way is the truth and no one else has any truth.

Old 03-24-2009, 09:57 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
This is a philosophical question. So where exactly does a soul come from? Is there a stock pile of them in heaven? Does one magically appear when a person is born (conceived) or whatever? I've been pondering this one lately.

the question eludes my being a such ....

searching established philosophies?

what would constitute a soul?
or
what "knowledge" is contained in such a "constitution"?

your stock piles make me wonder, but hardly ponder ... lately.
something to google, should time allow.

Ancient Theories of Soul (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)

Old 03-24-2009, 10:02 AM

Quote:
If I gave you, or anyone else, the facts like I do on other stuff, you would just make fun of me and say I'm the antichrist and talk to evil spirits, so whats the point? I've given my resources before and thats what people do when something contradicts their beliefs. I ccould give you several references but they need an open mind to be read and not just someone who wants to point that their way is the truth and no one else has any truth.
I don't believe in an antichrist or evil spirits, any more than I believe in souls and the supernatural and deities. I believe in facts and evidence, not wishes and faith.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:10 AM

Well, if it's scientific facts and evidence you want, I cannot give them to you. I found all of my teachings on my own with no one to point the way. Seems you'll need to do the same. Sorry I can't help with my answer.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:12 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,230,339 times
Originally Posted by Reverend1111
Quote:
How do you think miscarriages happen??
Several reasons but the mother's age is the greatest risk factor: the probability for getting a miscarriage is ± 9% for women between 20 - 24 years, >50% for women of 42 and even till 75% for 45 year old women.

Quote:
General risk factors
Pregnancies involving more than one fetus are at increased risk of miscarriage.

Uncontrolled diabetes greatly increases the risk of miscarriage. Women with controlled diabetes are not at higher risk of miscarriage. Because diabetes may develop during pregnancy (gestational diabetes), an important part of prenatal care is to monitor for signs of the disease.

Polycystic ovary syndrome is a risk factor for miscarriage, with 30-50% of pregnancies in women with PCOS being miscarried in the first trimester. Two studies have shown treatment with the drug metformin to significantly lower the rate of miscarriage in women with PCOS (the metformin-treated groups experienced approximately one-third the miscarriage rates of the control groups). However, a 2006 review of metformin treatment in pregnancy found insufficient evidence of safety and did not recommend routine treatment with the drug.

High blood pressure and certain illnesses (such as rubella and chlamydia) increase the risk of miscarriage.

Tobacco (cigarette) smokers have an increased risk of miscarriage. An increase in miscarriage is also associated with the father being a cigarette smoker. The husband study observed a 4% increased risk for husbands who smoke less than 20 cigarettes/day, and an 81% increased risk for husbands who smoke 20 or more cigarettes/day.

Severe cases of hypothyroidism increase the risk of miscarriage. The effect of milder cases of hypothyroidism on miscarriage rates has not been established. Certain immune conditions such as autoimmune diseases greatly increase the risk of miscarriage.

Cocaine use increases miscarriage rates. Physical trauma, exposure to environmental toxins, and use of an IUD during the time of conception have also been linked to increased risk of miscarriage.

Source: Miscarriage - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 03-24-2009, 10:14 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,160,449 times
I got mine at Neiman Marcus.

Old 03-24-2009, 10:17 AM

4,511 posts, read 7,519,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I got mine at Neiman Marcus.

guess before proselytizing was banned on c-d, eh?

Old 03-24-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Well, if it's scientific facts and evidence you want, I cannot give them to you. I found all of my teachings on my own with no one to point the way. Seems you'll need to do the same. Sorry I can't help with my answer.
See, I can accept that answer because it is honest and straightforward. If someone just has the balls to stand up and say "I can't prove it, but this is what I believe" I give them a lot more leeway in this kind of discussion than someone who claims that their opinion is the absolute truth, claims to have proof, yet won't back it up. I may not agree with you, but as long as you admit that you can't give me proof of what you believe, then we're good. I can't prove that god doesn't exist either, but that's what I believe. YMMV
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality