Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2009, 09:23 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times

Advertisements

So all those people (The Pagans and Hindus and more) who were around BEFORE Christ came all went to Hell, I assume?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 11:23 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
So all those people (The Pagans and Hindus and more) who were around BEFORE Christ came all went to Hell, I assume?
Actually they were not before Christ. He was there in the beginning all along, He just came in flesh and walked the earth. Christ is the creator of all things, so how can His creation be before Him?

John 1:3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.

Col.1:16-17 For by him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities; all things were created by him and for him. 17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

So, where ever you see God doing anything in the OT, Jesus was there doing the same, because He is one with the FAther. When one does something the other does the same.

Daniel 3:25 “Look!” he answered, “I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire; and they are not hurt, and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God. So, Jesus was there all along.

Gen. 1:26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over the cattle, over all[a] the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” THe Us and Our include Christ.

But before Christ came to earth to die for our sins, in the OT they had sacrifical systems at the time to cover their sins. If you notice Moses dies in the OT, before Christ came and died for our sins. But you then notice that He appeared with Elijah who went to heaven. So, Moses is in heaven with Elijah.

2 kings 2: 1 And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.

So, if Elijah was in heaven, how did Moses end up in heaven before Christ came in flesh. Because Christ was there all along. And to say that the children of Israel walked with God, you might as well say that they walked with Jesus because He is God.

Quote:
The Pagans and Hindus and more) who were around BEFORE Christ came all went to Hell, I assume
I can't really say where they are, but God has expressed what He thought about people who worshiped other Gods. He gave the command You shall have no other God but me. It also talks in the OT of the wicked and what happened to them.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:29 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
current mideast conflict but on a larger scale without any remorse and zero apology.

Old 04-18-2009, 11:44 PM

222 posts, read 581,397 times
What happened with Neanderthals then? According DNA tests they was not our predecessors, so probably has not been created "in the shape of God"..

Old 04-18-2009, 11:57 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,574,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick.leviman View Post
What happened with Neanderthals then? According DNA tests they was not our predecessors, so probably has not been created "in the shape of God"..
Exactly.

Shawn, And no, Christ did not come before. How did the people know about him before he came around?

Jesus was not there.

So these people went to hell?

Old 04-19-2009, 12:00 AM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,453 times
Quote:
Exactly.

Shawn, And no, Christ did not come before. How did the people know about him before he came around?

Jesus was not there.

So these people went to hell?
The answer to your question is that the Christian theory about heaven and hell, and being saved by Jesus, is nonsense. It's not true.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:04 AM

222 posts, read 581,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
The answer to your question is that the Christian theory about heaven and hell, and being saved by Jesus, is nonsense. It's not true.
+1
It is well known scientific fact.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:15 AM

300 posts, read 735,199 times
Quote:
There is no heaven, no hell, no Christ, no Krishna, no Odin, no Zeus, no Omikami Amaterasu, no Santa Claus and no Tooth Fairy.. The Pagans are as delusional as the Christians about that afterlife schtick, and like Christians when they die they are either consumed by elements (cremation), or consumed by other life forms such as worms, fungi, bacteria, sharks and grizzly bears. There is no lasting spirit, when a person dies the lights go out. Before or after Christ, it's all the same.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:19 AM

1,115 posts, read 3,134,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaicheg View Post
There is no heaven, no hell, no Christ, no Krishna, no Odin, no Zeus, no Omikami Amaterasu, no Santa Claus and no Tooth Fairy.. The Pagans are as delusional as the Christians about that afterlife schtick, and like Christians when they die they are either consumed by elements (cremation), or consumed by other life forms such as worms, fungi, bacteria, sharks and grizzly bears. There is no lasting spirit, when a person dies the lights go out. Before or after Christ, it's all the same.
Well.....if you stubbornly say that there is nothing in the afterlife. That's the same thing as believing in Dogma about Gods. You are just rigidly holding onto your beliefs the same as they are.

The truth is that it's a mystery. It is probably something beyond what we can even begin to comprehend.

Old 04-19-2009, 12:30 AM

300 posts, read 735,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyMonk View Post
The truth is that it's a mystery. It is probably something beyond what we can even begin to comprehend.
Hey, look up "Occam's Razor", give yourself a shot of knowledge for a change. There is no reason in overcomplicating things, no point worrying about something that nobody knows about, something that makes no difference whatsoever, i.e. either does not exist or is completely irrelevant.

When I see any, any whatsoever evidence of afterlife of any life form, I'll take a look at it.

Comparing my logical thinking to dogmatic delusions, oh well. Whatever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality