Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:40 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,303,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Jane72 wrote:

I do think you make some good points and I agree there must be some instinctual processes going on during a pregnancy. It's just the oddity of the story of Adam and Eve who had never even seen a child but then they go on to give birth to their own children. Since they had never been children how would they even know that children grow up to be adults?
Ok, MontanaGuy they were the first humans meaning they would see everything that God created for the first time.

Just think about it.

Adam and Eve saw animals for the first time, saw the garden for the first time, they saw each other for the first time, so seeing a baby for the first time wouldn't be all that strange.

Adam came first and didn't know what a women was. God brought Eve to him after He gave Eve His rib. So, if Adam saw her for the first, then how did he know what to do with her?

Adam and Eve were the only humans and I'm sure they saw trees and grass, water, and other things for the first time. If they were the first humans, then it is obvious that they had to learn what things were and how to use them.

But if God created them, then of course He would teach them.

I read a story along time ago and don't really remember all of the details, but this man kept a child locked up in a basement. He got her pregnant, but still kept her from people. So, when she had the baby, well of course she never had a baby before but saw that her stomach was growing. Her natural instinct just kicked in. After she had the baby, she had to learn how to take care of it. But the girl was found later, but the girl learned how to take care of the baby.

You are asking questions about them seeing a baby for the first time, but what about the other things that they saw for the first time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 10:01 AM

3,196 posts, read 5,397,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
You are asking questions about them seeing a baby for the first time, but what about the other things that they saw for the first time?
Mark Twain wrote a hilarious story about that subject. I think it is called, "The Diaries of Adam and Eve" This is much more than merely a comedic rendering....I read it about 40 years ago, and just thinking about it again made me laugh.

If you get a copy make sure you get the one written by Mark Twain--another version--a stage adaptation exists, but it isn't as funny.

Old 05-20-2009, 07:03 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Ice View Post
I agree about it being instinctual. It's one of the most basic natural functions there is, no instruction book or man in white coat needed.

I have always had this thought about Adam and Eve though, if Eve was made from Adam's rib then they would be genetically identical so wouldn't Eve have had XY chromosomes instead of XX making her male?

Maybe there is a case for Adam and Steve after all
The first account of human cloning!!

Old 05-21-2009, 05:48 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
Some of you take the bible waaaaaay to literally. Adam and Eve were not the first humans on earth. The did not name everything and the most certainly knew how to take care of children as they came straight from heaven. They appeared instantly and due to their fall, they had to live as the races of the planet and not be taken from earth the same way they came. They were soul mates here on a mission to upstep the planet. When you can explain Machaventa Machelzidek, who just appears in the writings of your bible and is known as the Sage of Salem who led Abraham, you will know how Adam and Eve got here. I truely doubt any of you bible readers can explain truthfully without bible references.
Eve was not taken from Adams rib. That would just be stupid to think that God created life that way.

Old 05-21-2009, 06:15 AM

1,186 posts, read 2,250,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
After thinking .................. Somehow they know how to speak a language ........?
we got born and our parents got born until we reach to Adam and Eve peace be upon them and then we reach to Allah Almighty the creator of every thing

same things about the names we got them from the people before us and they got them from the one before until we reach to Adam peace be upon him
and Adam got them from Allah Almighty

Quran sura #2 Al-Baqara the Cow

And He taught Adam all the names, then showed them to the angels, saying: Inform Me of the names of these, if ye are truthful. (31)

They said: Be glorified! We have no knowledge saving that which Thou hast taught us. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Knower, the Wise. (32)

He said: O Adam! Inform them of their names, and when he had informed them of their names, He said: Did I not tell you that I know the secret of the heavens and the earth? And I know that which ye disclose and which ye hide. (33)

And when We said unto the angels: Prostrate yourselves before Adam, they fell prostrate, all save Iblis. He demurred through pride, and so became a disbeliever. (34)

And We said: O Adam! Dwell thou and thy wife in the Garden, and eat ye freely (of the fruits) thereof where ye will; but come not nigh this tree lest ye become wrong-doers. (35)

But Satan caused them to deflect therefrom and expelled them from the (happy) state in which they were; and We said: Fall down, one of you a foe unto the other! There shall be for you on earth a habitation and provision for a time. (36)

Then Adam received from his Lord words (of revelation), and He relented toward him. Lo! He is the relenting, the Merciful. (37)

We said: Go down, all of you, from hence; but verily there cometh unto you from Me a guidance; and whoso followeth My guidance, there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve. (38)

But they who disbelieve, and deny Our revelations, such are rightful owners of the Fire. They will abide therein. (39)

The Quran answered you regarding the language .

Old 05-22-2009, 05:07 PM

22,177 posts, read 19,217,049 times
nobody ever told me about sex and I had no trouble at all figuring it out
and having lots of fun with it

Old 05-23-2009, 01:53 AM

353 posts, read 552,300 times
Obvious answer #1
When Adam and Eve ate from the tree of knowledge they gained the knowledge of "the gods". I'm pretty sure God would be privy to how sex and child birth work. He created it. If "The Gods" knew it Adam and Eve would know it.

Obvious answer #2
All animals communicate with each other without verbal cues and they have offspring. I like to think that even man at the beginning of creation was at least as smart as an animal.

Obvious answer #3
Trial and error.

Obvious answer #4
You could really care less about the answer to the question. You ask silly questions looking for silly answers so that you can ridicule silly christians.

Let me help you out a bit. I'll start you a list of real questions that christians don't have answers for.

1- Why are there 2 contradictory accounts of creation? Can't God remember who or what he made first?
2- Why did God create night and day and then days later create the sun and the moon? Does God not realize that the sun is required for night and day?
3- When Moses wrote the Pentateuch how did he know what Satan said to Eve? He wasn't there to witness it. Nobody was.
4- God told Adam and Eve that if they ate from the trees of life and knowledge they would surely die. Satan said they wouldn't. They ate the fruit and lived another 900 years. Who lied?
5- When Cain killed Able it wasn't yet a sin. Why was he punished?
6- Ham saw Moses passed out drunk and naked in the tent. Shem and Japheth cover him with a garment. Moses gets mad and curses Canaan and makes him Shems slave. Why? Canaan had nothing to do with it and wasn't even present.
...there's plenty more inconsistancies in there. If you actually took the time to read it you wouldn't look so silly trying to make others look silly.

Old 05-23-2009, 03:46 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,146 times
We have a message from the person who wrote Genesis. He stated that it was just his account of the creation and he was not present.

"I come to you to-night to tell you that before the Jewish Testament was written, I had written a book containing a description of creation and of the fall of man, and that the book of Genesis was copied after my writings, which were founded on traditions older than were the description of Genesis.
These descriptions of the creation of the world were not the works of men inspired by the angels or by any other instrumentalities of God, but were the results of the imaginations of the minds of men who lived long before I lived, and who left only tradition of their writings or teachings. I say all this to show you that the world has existed for many thousands of years longer than the account of its creation in the Jewish Scriptures would lead you to think." Leytergus, an ancient spirit, wrote a description of the creation of man. Vol 1 pg:284

We also have messages from Adam and Eve, Moses, Shem, Moses and many more. Some of the bible is correct, however, there have been things added and things taken away from the true accounts.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:28 PM

4,511 posts, read 7,520,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZugZub View Post
Dingdingdingdingding!! Give that man a cigar!
yippie!

to the op's sophisicated allusion of "other strange questions":
do you mean those pertaining to present-day reality and making headlines all over the globe?

but

Old 05-23-2009, 02:56 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,623,378 times
Tzaphkiel wrote:
Quote:
nobody ever told me about sex and I had no trouble at all figuring it out
and having lots of fun with it
And because of that you shall be cast out into the outer darkness where people gnash their teeth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality