Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 06:59 PM

275 posts, read 687,131 times

Advertisements

God is the cosmos, the sun is a part of the cosmos and so is everything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 07:11 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,304,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Is it possible that God is the Sun? Afterall, the sun has appeared in the sky and visited man for as long as the Earth has been in existance. If the Sun ceases to exist, the earth the heavens and the Universe will be no more.

Many people who reject man-made religion's claims and deceptions of who God is, often ask: "where is God" or "Why doesn't God show himself"? Yet, the Sun has revealed itself to man EVERY SINGLE DAY for Billions and Billions of years? Is not the Sun man's source of life, food, air, water, etc.? Is not the Sun the center of the Universe?

Before Paganism, Judiaism, Christianity and Islam, man was a Sun worshiper.

If man prays and ask God to reveal himself in human form or speak in an audible human voice, God will not answer. However; the next day, if the man looks up, into the sky, the Sun or the light thereof will be there.

Draw your own conclusion.
This is an interesting fact, but God says that He is more than something that He created. God has already come in human form, and He has and will speak in an aubible voice if He likes.

Old 05-25-2009, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 2,859 times
God is the Creator of the sun

God created everything in the universe.

God is the Eternal and Everlasting, while the sun has a birth and death appointment like all the material objects in the universe.

God is Perfect without any defect; He is existing always, and does not leave, while the sun leaves when the night comes on.

When Prophet Abraham was searching about his Lord, and his people worshipped the stars of the sky, the moon and the sun in addition to a large number of idols and statues;

so he started by the planet Venus, then when Veus set down, he said: How can this planet be any god while it set down and leaves?

Then he saw the Moon which gives more light and is bigger, then in the same way, he saw it set down.

Then he saw the sun shining in the sky; he said this is more light and heat giving and is bigger, then when it set down, he said: that he disbelieved in all the planets, stars, moon and sun; and he worshipped God Who created all that.

This is in the Quran 6: 74-79
وَإِذْ قَالَ إِبْرَاهِيمُ لأَبِيهِ آزَرَ أَتَتَّخِذُ أَصْنَامًا آلِهَةً إِنِّي أَرَاكَ وَقَوْمَكَ فِي ضَلاَلٍ مُّبِينٍ . وَكَذَلِكَ نُرِي إِبْرَاهِيمَ مَلَكُوتَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَلِيَكُونَ مِنَ الْمُوقِنِينَ . فَلَمَّا جَنَّ عَلَيْهِ اللَّيْلُ رَأَى كَوْكَبًا قَالَ هَـذَا رَبِّي فَلَمَّا أَفَلَ قَالَ لا أُحِبُّ الآفِلِينَ . فَلَمَّا رَأَى الْقَمَرَ بَازِغًا قَالَ هَـذَا رَبِّي فَلَمَّا أَفَلَ قَالَ لَئِن لَّمْ يَهْدِنِي رَبِّي لأكُونَنَّ مِنَ الْقَوْمِ الضَّالِّينَ . فَلَمَّا رَأَى الشَّمْسَ بَازِغَةً قَالَ هَـذَا رَبِّي هَـذَآ أَكْبَرُ فَلَمَّا أَفَلَتْ قَالَ يَا قَوْمِ إِنِّي بَرِيءٌ مِّمَّا تُشْرِكُونَ . إِنِّي وَجَّهْتُ وَجْهِيَ لِلَّذِي فَطَرَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالأَرْضَ حَنِيفًا وَمَا أَنَاْ مِنَ الْمُشْرِكِينَ

The explanation:
(And [tell them] when Abraham said to his father Azar [: Thare in Hebrew]: "Do you take idols for gods?" Surely, I see you and your people in manifest error."

Thus did We show to Abraham [Our vast] kingdom of the heavens and the earth; so that he might be of those having sure belief.

And when the night outspread over him, he saw a planet [: Venus]; he said: "This is my Lord." But when it set, he said: "I love not the setters."

When he saw the moon rising, he said: "This is my Lord." But when it set, he said: "If my Lord does not guide me, I shall surely be of the people gone astray."

When he saw the sun rising [from the east], he said: "This is my Lord; this is greater [than the moon and the planets.]" But when it set, he said: "O my people, surely I am quit of [all the idols] that you associate [with God.]"

"I have turned my face to Him, Who split the heavens and the earth; I am being a Hanief [: a monotheist], and not of those that associate [partners with God.]" )

http://quranandhebrewbible.t35.com/#another[/color]]The Disagreement of the lie

Or open the page: http://quranandhebrewbible.t35.com[/color]]The Disagreement of the
Then from the list of Contents click on: Another lie: about Abraham.

Last edited by Accordingly; 05-25-2009 at 10:55 PM..

Old 05-26-2009, 12:09 AM

2,079 posts, read 4,951,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawn_2828 View Post
This is an interesting fact, but God says that He is more than something that He created. God has already come in human form, and He has and will speak in an aubible voice if He likes.
God coming down to Earth in human form for 33 years, revealing himself to 12 or so people, then going back to heaven, never to be seen again just doesn't make to much sense.

On the other hand, God being embodied in the immense intensity, power and light of the sun, seems much more logical and believeable than being a human who came to earth and left, without a trace.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:04 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,933 times
"Which truth shineth. This is the light of Christ. As also he is in the sun, and the light of the sun, and the power thereof by which it was made." D&C 88: 7

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/dc/88/7#7

Old 05-26-2009, 07:47 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
Quote:
Is not the Sun the center of the Universe?
Fail.

Old 05-26-2009, 07:59 AM

9 posts, read 10,912 times
If God is the Sun, does that mean he's full of hot air?

Old 05-26-2009, 08:02 AM

1,114 posts, read 2,116,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
In some esoteric Christian teachings, Christ = Solar deity or Solar being.
I'm providing a link to the Zeitgeist movie because your post reminded me of this film which i haven't viewed in a couple of years.
To address the Sun issue and if one doesn't have the open mind or stomach to view the entire film, fast forward about 14 minutes to "part one" and get a little "history" on the SUN.
Or watch the film from beginning to end and if you're fortunate, get your mind blown .... always a good thing for any of us who are locked into limiting, restrictive, and oppressive paradigms.

Zeitgeist, The Movie - Remastered / Final Edition
I watched a little more than half that movie. I had things do get done around the house.
I may watch the rest of it sometime. Its kinda long but it was interesting.

Cheers
Aeromam

Old 05-26-2009, 08:03 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,374,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy21fca View Post
If God is the Sun, does that mean he's full of hot air?
Not much air on the sun I don't think.

It has been revealed that Jesus Christ made/created/organized the sun, planets etc. so I think he is (in a manner that I do not understand) the light of the sun, but he is certainly not the sun itself.

Old 05-26-2009, 09:33 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,949 times
Default Could God BeThe Sun?

Quote:
Is it possible that God is the Sun? Afterall, the sun has appeared in the sky and visited man for as long as the Earth has been in existance. If the Sun ceases to exist, the earth the heavens and the Universe will be no more.

Many people who reject man-made religion's claims and deceptions of who God is, often ask: "where is God" or "Why doesn't God show himself"? Yet, the Sun has revealed itself to man EVERY SINGLE DAY for Billions and Billions of years? Is not the Sun man's source of life, food, air, water, etc.? Is not the Sun the center of the Universe?

Before Paganism, Judiaism, Christianity and Islam, man was a Sun worshiper.

If man prays and ask God to reveal himself in human form or speak in an audible human voice, God will not answer. However; the next day, if the man looks up, into the sky, the Sun or the light thereof will be there.

Draw your own conclusion.

My conclusion:

If god is the sun, then monotheism and the concept of an all-powerful deity is on the trash heap. There are hundreds of billions of stars. And the sun doesn't exert any control over any of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality