Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 09:25 AM

1,553 posts, read 1,837,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justamere10 View Post
Followers of Jesus Christ of course would consider your stories fiction. Some may be entertained, some might consider them silly, some might even be offended by them. But you probably have an audience among those who despise Christians and Christianity and disregard, disbelieve, or reject the atoning sacrifice of their Savior and Redeemer Jesus the Christ.

God is not a man (so that He forgets), nor yet any son of man (so that He regrets)

On the contrary to what you say, Prophet Jesus – salam be to him – is my teacher and my example.

But he is not God; there should be a clear distinction between God the Creator of the tremendous universe on one hand, and on the other hand Jesus and all other servants, whatever they be.

As such had the past nations erred from the right way: of devoting to God alone, because of the enthusiasm about their prophets and religious leaders,

as has the contemporary generation erred also from the correct way of devoting to God alone

into something like the past idolatry (: worshipping idols) by erecting statues for Jesus and his mother
and pictures of Prophet Mohammed, imam Ali and his sons,

which is an obvious contradiction of the First Commandment to worship God alone and exclusively, and making no statue or picture to glorify it.

The Disagreement of the (http://quranandhebrewbible.t35.com/english2.htm#The_Dispraise_of_Jews_in_the_Gospel - broken link)_
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,378,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eanassir View Post
On the contrary to what you say, Prophet Jesus – salam be to him – is my teacher and my example.

But he is not God; there should be a clear distinction between God the Creator of the tremendous universe on one hand, and on the other hand Jesus and all other servants, whatever they be.
Yes, I understand that you are promoting a non-Christian message and that there are probably some on this board who will agree with your views that Jesus Christ was just another prophet.

I believe that Jesus is much more than that! I believe him to be one of the three persons in the Godhead, with God the Father at the head. I believe that it was only because of the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ that we (everyone who has ever or will ever live as a human being on this planet) will eventually resurrect and live forever, and that those of us who accept him and live good lives will ascend to higher mansions and be able to progress eternally.

Below is a link to the special witness of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ given by his living Apostles:

http://jesuschrist.lds.org/SonOfGod/eng/

I accept Jesus Christ as my Lord and Master.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:21 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,378,742 times
Default The living Christ - testimony of his living apostles

Extracts from the testimony of special witnesses, living Apostles of Jesus Christ:

....We solemnly testify that His life, which is central to all human history, neither began in Bethlehem nor concluded on Calvary. He was the Firstborn of the Father, the Only Begotten Son in the flesh, the Redeemer of the world.

He rose from the grave to “become the firstfruits of them that slept” (1 Corinthians 15:20). As Risen Lord, He visited among those He had loved in life. He also ministered among His “other sheep” (John 10:16) in ancient America. In the modern world, He and His Father appeared to the boy Joseph Smith, ushering in the long-promised “dispensation of the fulness of times” (Ephesians 1:10).

Of the Living Christ, the Prophet Joseph wrote: “His eyes were as a flame of fire; the hair of his head was white like the pure snow; his countenance shone above the brightness of the sun; and his voice was as the sound of the rushing of great waters, even the voice of Jehovah, saying:

“I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father”
(D&C 110:3–4).

Of Him the Prophet also declared: “And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!

“For we saw him, even on the right hand of God; and we heard the voice bearing record that he is the Only Begotten of the Father—

“That by him, and through him, and of him, the worlds are and were created, and the inhabitants thereof are begotten sons and daughters unto God”
(D&C 76:22–24).

We declare in words of solemnity that His priesthood and His Church have been restored upon the earth—“built upon the foundation of . . . apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone” (Ephesians 2:20)....

We bear testimony, as His duly ordained Apostles—that Jesus is the Living Christ, the immortal Son of God. He is the great King Immanuel, who stands today on the right hand of His Father. He is the light, the life, and the hope of the world. His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come. God be thanked for the matchless gift of His divine Son.

Read the testimony of living Apostles of Jesus Christ in its entirety at the link below:

http://jesuschrist.lds.org/SonOfGod/eng/testimonies-of-him/articles/the-living-christ-the-testimony-of-the-apostles-of-the-church-of-jesus-christ-of-latter-day-saints

Old 05-27-2009, 10:34 AM

1,040 posts, read 1,332,264 times
Wow! absolutely NOT! the sun. How little faith you have. Actually, you have no faith at all and that is why you can not know God. But, maybe one day, God will come knocking on your door, like He did to St. Paul or Me. When He comes knocking, you better have a good answer.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:41 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,636,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Is it possible that God is the Sun? Afterall, the sun has appeared in the sky and visited man for as long as the Earth has been in existance. If the Sun ceases to exist, the earth the heavens and the Universe will be no more.
Draw your own conclusion.
I'm glad to see that you were generous enough to invite me to draw my own conclusion...

If the Sun ceases to exist, so will life on Earth. But the rest of the universe? Hardly; the Sun is only a small star, all the way out at the edge of the Milky Way. To me, that isn't exactly the same thing as the Creator of the Universe.

Incidentally, the sun didn't just "appear in the sky." Nor has it "visited Man." Quite the contrary--we're the latecomers.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:32 PM

63 posts, read 105,345 times
If God is the sun then it's lights out for Him according to Acts 2:20

Old 07-01-2009, 01:39 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,097,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionpainter View Post
you have no faith at all and that is why you can not know God.
I would prefer two forms of photo-id.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:21 PM

1 posts, read 1,894 times
Default time to rise and shine!

you are God and Sun is God,
but God is neither you nor sun.

Sun is a very very high celestial deity worth of worship - and Sun is definitely conscious. really, really conscious. Sun knows you well and you can transfer all the jesus overlay programming directly to Sun and you will see what a direct connection to God (Sun as intermediary) means.

this is the best way i know to get our of our fear-based paradigm.

the jesus myth was developed by smart people to take power away from others back in the days when any kind of work other than priest or ruler was a very bad job. but you do not need an intermediary (do you?) - actually you never did.

today is a day of spiritual freedom for you - an important day. everything you thought jesus was, Sun is, but real and better. you have been learning about Sun all you life, but they have been watering it down as the jesus myth.

if you are hesitant here, because you have received some benefit from jesus, know that it is natural you would benefit from the myth - but it is the Sun shining through that myth, and has been for millions of years.

"faith" is their primary technique to keep you in your box, after all, we want to believe, and as children we also wanted to believe but it's time to stand up on our own two feet and face the world, come what may.

you will have direct experiential knowledge with what you learn and apply here today; this is a good day for you.

ready to learn what the crown of thorns is, the walking on water, the three days in the tomb, the resurrection, the 40 days in the desert, the three wise men, etc.? after this you will know more about jesus than any priest.

look at the three youtube videos titled; the truth about religion 1, 2, and 3.

here is the first one:
YouTube - Sun of God?
the second:

YouTube - Truth about Religion 2 of 3
and the third:

YouTube - Truth about Religion Part 3 of 3

again, in case you missed it: Sun is fully conscious. is it not reasonable that that which gave us life and consciousness is alive and conscious itself?

Sun does communicate to individuals personally, just be aware of Sun's consciousness.

Amen Ra.

Old 05-16-2010, 09:48 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,461,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Is it possible that God is the Sun?
Nope.
God told us, in His own word, that He set His created temple in His created sun, and that He dwells there, as the Great Glory, and that He looks down on man on earth, and we are like grasshoppers in His sight. The Great Glory who sits on the created throne in the created heavens made Adam as a "tupos"/figure -the image"-of Himself, who was to come, as Romans 5:14 states, and as Genesis 1:26-28 also tell us. The One image of the Living Spirit is God the Word, and Adam was made in His image.

And He set His sun in His stretched out heavens on day 4 of creation week, nearly 6,000 years ago.

Biblically, the sun is a witness to Christ, whom it types, for Christ is come and is seen/revealed, as the Glory of the Unseen YHWH.I am quoting myself on another board:

Quote:
Psalm 19:4 in the Septuagint and the Hebrew texts state [18:5 in the Duoay-Rheims] "He set His tabernacle in the sun". Douay Rheims translates it to the English as it should be; "He set His tabernacle in the sun".
Then, Isaiah 18:4, in the Hebrew states "I [will take My] rest and consider [look down from/scan intently from] My dwelling place, the dazzling hot sun".

Dead Sea Scrolls published in 1994, translated by Wilfred G.E. Watson, I found this in the hymns on page 355,
Col XX (=XII + frags. 54 + 60)
line 4
Quote:
[For the Instruc]tor, praises and prayers to bow down and entreat always,
from period to period:
when the light comes from His residence;
in the positions of the day, according to the regulation,
in accordance to the laws of the great luminary;
at the return of the evening, at the departure of light, ...
This is speaking of the praises and prayers offered to God from dawn to dawn, “when the light comes from His residence to the return of dawn“.

Isaiah 18:4

For so the LORD said1 unto me, I will take my rest,4 and I will consider55 in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs,

Clear is dazzling
heat is hot
herbs is sun (light, luminary, etc)
So YHWH said, "I will take my rest and scan intently/look down/consider from my dwelling place (a fixture, habitation, abode), the dazzling hot sun."
The Created Temple of God, Which is in the Created Heavens - Page 4 - Christian Forums

Old 05-16-2010, 10:01 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,461,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buddhi View Post
just be aware of Sun's consciousness.

Amen Ra.
Jesus is the Amen, the One whom the ancient Egyptians worshipped as the hidden God in heaven, whom Enoch alone saw in secret, who was to come and be revealed. Romans 1 tells us that all nations of men once knew, but changed His glory into a lie, and worshiped the creature rather than the Creator.

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness...
Abram read to the Egyptians from the Book of Enoch, who wrote of the hidden God in heaven [the Amen] who was to come and be revealed
Quote:
Dead Sea Scrolls Translation of 1Q Genesis Apocryphon (1QapGen) But after those five years, three men who were princes of Egypt [came … …] of Pharaoh Zoa[n] about my affairs and about my wife, and they presented [me numerous gifts and aske]d m[e to teach them] values, wisdom, and truth. So I read in their presence the [book of] the words of [En]och [… … …]
Abram read to the Egyptians from the book of Enoch forty years after the fall of the tower of Babel
The Egyptians learned about the Amen, from Abram, and they wisely worshiped Him, who is come, and who is Jesus Christ.
Quote:
Taken from "The Egyptian Book of the Dead," E.A. Wallis Budge, Dover Publications Inc. New York 1967 pp. xcii-xciii

God is one and alone, and none other existeth with Him – God is the One, the One who hath made all things – God is a spirit, a hidden spirit, the spirit of spirits, the great spirit of the Egyptians, the Divine spirit – God is from the beginning, and He hath been from the beginning...

He hath existed from old and was when nothing else had being. He existed when nothing else existed, and what existeth He created after He had come into being...

He is the Father of beginnings – God is the Eternal One, He is eternal and infinite and endureth forever, and yes – God is hidden and no man knoweth His form. No man hath been able to seek out His likeness; He is hidden to the gods and men, and He is a mystery unto His creatures...

No man knoweth how to know Him – His name remaineth hidden; His name is a mystery unto His children. His names are innumerable; they are manifold and none knoweth their number...

God is truth and He liveth by Truth and He feedeth thereon. He is the king of truth, and He hath stablished the Earth thereupon – God is life and through Him only man liveth. He giveth life to man, He breatheth the breath of life into his nostrils – God is father and mother, the father of fathers and the mother of mothers. He begetteth, but was never begotten; He produceth, but was never produced; He begat himself and produced himself. He createth, but was never created; He is the maker of His own form and the fashioner of His own body.

God Himself is existence He endureth He endureth without increase or diminution,God hath made the Universe, and He created all that therein is; He is the Creator of what is in this world, and of what was, of what is, and of what shall be. He is the Creator of the Heavens, and of the Earth, and of the deep, and of the water, and of the mountains.

God hath stretched out the Heavens and founded the Earth – what His heart conceived straightway came to pass, and when He hath spoken, it cometh to pass and endureth forever – God is the father of the gods; He fashioned men and formed the gods – God is merciful unto those who reverence Him, and He heareth him that calleth upon Him. God knoweth him that acknowledges Him; He rewardeth him that serveth Him, and He protecteth him that followeth Him.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality