Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 06:59 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus_Antonis View Post
I love the naked female body. I have to tell you guys some parts of my body go uncontrollable. We all know how hormones work on me, you and the rest of the world

We're in perfect agreement. It's the most stunning thing on the face of the earth and I'll kill for the treat for the eyes and even more

But indulging in it far too much "is" debauchery. Let's say I'll probably feast on my wife like four cheese ravioli dipped in 10 other kinds of Italian sauce. But why exactly should I buy it on a 365-day basis, outside of my personal affair. Does it not go into the domain of indulgence, saturation and persistence?

A 70 year old man can feast on the first centerfold appearance of a 19-year old super blonde. If the two run into each other in the grocery store, on a casual day, the latter will address the former "Grandpa". And it's certainly not misappropriation and is certainly not obscene, right? Well, what's that, the common cloak of aestheticism - it's ART, read as Aaaargght. Potography at its height too (think I missed the 'h' somewhere) (Hey I'm sorry, the 70 year old man can be "young" in his art, well, heart, he is not really ancient, give Tony the stick for using the "G" word)

Or, you have a thickly populated remote with a "B" button. You can buy movies for 24 hours only. Buggers, they won't even let you store it for future use, that's another 10 dollars. You can get anything you want, no limits. Sky is the limit if it exists. Let's go over some names - locker room nymphs, busty cheerleaders, mardi gras mamas (most of these girls/studs are never 200 pounds overweight and certainly not obesescene). All of this is not debauchery in "artistic" deed.

Let's not even drag Christianity in here.

Cicero writes, "Marcus Antonius (Mark Antony) is a debauched rat". For starters, Antony lived his undebaucheried life in orgies, drunken bouts, random shagging in between troop movements (Gallic documenters write about how he shags Gallic herdsgirls who get spotted by him with the crime of tending their cattle in pastures) and everything else.

Octavian brings an imperial edict into effect to weed out debauchery from Roman life, as though he succeeded or he himself was free of it. But his effort was sincere and well-intended. Finally, something fitting to be called "Augustus".

In the old ages, people ran ***** houses in the secrecy of the night, an act of "Sssshhhh" which will be under cover as soon as the sun came up.

We have progressed several centuries and today we have comcast, AT&T, Time Warner and other business houses, facaded by 150-storey buildings, NYSE market caps, advanced technological systems, keynotes etc. And here's what they do after 10pm to every house - exactly what the ugly, fat, unbathed, toga-clad, stinking pimp did in 2 A.D (C.E, no offence to the logical un-christers) with a fire lantern at hand, leading some Roman royalty into the partition of some 17 year old enslaved Germanic girl.

Read - S H A M E

At least the stinking toga guy shut it down and hid in the day. Our clean, highly fragrant, tuxedo gentlemen roam around between skyscrapers in Lincolns and Porsches

Sorry to pick on a billion dollar industry. I can suck at economics sometimes
I agree with what you say. My only point was that I believe we have this debauchery because we have a status quo on the other extreme that seeks to silence all sexuality and human nakedness. It's like the law outlawing anyone to drink until they're 21 and the resulting culture of debauchery and alcohol poisoning that has emerged in its wake.

I think it would be incredible if people were free to make love (not just fornicate) in the wide open without shame or fear - or at least walk around naked without being arrested. Is the elbow really any different from the penis?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2009, 07:12 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Get DirectTV... there is a whole crap ton of religious programming. Lots of Spanish shows as well, if you're into that kind of thing.
Psssh, we canceled DirecTV and have regular tv...we have plenty of religious shows. I just flip right on by them.

Why not just go to church every single day? Much cheaper....

Old 06-15-2009, 07:28 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,504,185 times
I wish mainstream Christians weren't so fixated on what we do with our genitals. Why can't they concentrate on our knees? Or our elbows?

They're all just body parts. There's nothing magic about them, so relax.

Sex is a biological act, and it feels good. But don't give it some mystical power it doesn't deserve. Don't fear it, or fear other peoples use of it in a way you may not like. It's not as important as you Christians are making it out to be. You don't have to focus so much energy controlling the worlds libido.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:44 PM

2,957 posts, read 7,384,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
I wish mainstream Christians weren't so fixated on what we do with our genitals. Why can't they concentrate on our knees? Or our elbows?
Damn - what're you doing with your knees and elbows?

Old 06-15-2009, 09:07 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Damn - what're you doing with your knees and elbows?
Well the knees do bear some connection with the genitals but we won't go there.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:55 AM

1,807 posts, read 1,892,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskalive View Post
Please tell me, what programming is wholesome and would be approved by Jesus today?

I use to watch those home improvement shows, now they are mostly run by homosexuals.

I use to let my kids watch Disney shows, now most are created and star homosexuals.

The news is filled with sex, violence and corruption.

The teen shows teach kids many ungodly principles.

Can a christian own a television hooked up to cable, satellite or jut a plain antenna in today's world and not bring sinful programming into the home?
I'm suddenly thinking of a line from a song I heard once....

From Gaia Consort's 'Every Sacred Thing':

Quote:
Flash of the breast on the big screen, But no penetration or spark
Cut the claw from the tiger, de-fang the cobra so we can feel safe in the dark...
If you consider the television 'sinful', then don't use it. If you consider a program 'unsafe', then don't watch it. Nobody is forcing you to sit in front of a television and watch 'Debbie Does Dallas' if you don't want to watch it.

Last edited by FredNotBob; 06-16-2009 at 03:04 AM..

Old 06-16-2009, 03:18 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,940,223 times
TV shows nudity or sex in prudish America? I swear you have to at the very least pay for that.

There never an outcry for the incredible amounts of violence shown on television but they show some sideboob at 11pm and we see mobs of people talking about how youth is being corrupted and how the 50's were great...no wonder everyone is turning homosexual.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:20 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,647,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I agree with what you say. My only point was that I believe we have this debauchery because we have a status quo on the other extreme that seeks to silence all sexuality and human nakedness. It's like the law outlawing anyone to drink until they're 21 and the resulting culture of debauchery and alcohol poisoning that has emerged in its wake.

I think it would be incredible if people were free to make love (not just fornicate) in the wide open without shame or fear - or at least walk around naked without being arrested. Is the elbow really any different from the penis?
I can never tell when an elbow is happy to see me.

Old 06-16-2009, 04:54 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,170,731 times
Christians can own any kind of media reception.
What they watch is up to them.
They just have more choices to pick from.
Good or bad.
Keep the good, block the bad.

Old 06-16-2009, 09:41 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Psssh, we canceled DirecTV and have regular tv...we have plenty of religious shows. I just flip right on by them.

Why not just go to church every single day? Much cheaper....

I'd go to church, but the Atheist thing always gets in the way.

We have a 6 month deal for DirecTV, after that is up it's gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality