Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 06:33 AM

1,736 posts, read 2,106,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
What a fun thread! I never thought of it this way....thanks DL!!!!

Thanks back.

I do try to make things interesting.

Regards
DL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2009, 06:35 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times
So if a person murders another one's family and then repents to God ,they are going in the right direction,they have gained or developed that moral sense. Yea right!!

Old 07-29-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenlisa View Post
My,oh my how people these days are so wrong.It is true that the BIBLE is like a loaded gun you put it in the right hand it can protect you,but put the BIBLE INt he hands of the wrong person(Greatest I Am) and it is a deadly weapon.A weapon of deception,you have to be stone crazy to believe that God wants us to sin.If he wanted us to sin he would have to Adam & Eve that it was ok to eat from the tree that was in the midst ofthe garden,and he would have not driven them from the garden of eden.The bible talked about false prophets rather wannabe wake upand ask God for clear understandind of his word.Prayfor the mind of Christ before you read God Word
I see that you have never thought about Genesis.

Do you believe that a good God would deny man the moral sense that can only come from knowing good and evil?

Was man to live forever in ignorant bliss without ever having a moral sense?

Do you believe that God is that big an ass hole?

Regards
DL

Old 07-29-2009, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noland123 View Post
So if a person murders another one's family and then repents to God ,they are going in the right direction,they have gained or developed that moral sense. Yea right!!

One would hope that sin is not taken that far by most but yes, when we recognize our sin and truly repent, we develop a moral sense.

What did Eve do after eating. She covered up. Developed a moral sense just as God wanted.

Regards
DL

Old 07-29-2009, 07:08 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
God wants us to sin and repent to earn heaven.
As a Gnostic Christian it is my duty to show how Christian scripture should be interpreted to show how God can be logically found and understood.
Deuteronomy 32:4
He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

2 Peter 3:9 KJ
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
New Jerusalem
9 The Lord is not being slow in carrying out his promises, as some people think he is; rather is he being patient with you, wanting nobody to be lost and everybody to be brought to repentance.
Follow the logic.
All that God creates is perfect.
God created evil. Sins are evil. Sins and evil are perfect as all of God’s works are.
All that is created was created by God and must be perfect
If you believe scripture then why did God bring Satan/Talking snake to Eden and allow a supernatural being access to Eve. Not a fair confrontation at all. Right?
Further, if God creates all things then He creates our souls and natures. They are sinning natures.
If God did not want sin then all He would have to do is create us with non sinning natures.
Right?
He does not.
Why not?
Because He wants us to sin.
Sin’s value to God is to cause us to repent, so enjoy your sins and know that you will repent and be saved.
In this we have no free will. Hell is not an option since God’s will is that all be saved and His will cannot be thwarted.

Regards
DL
I am still waiting on that scripture from the Bible"God wants us to sin and repent to earn Heaven",because that is not what 2 Peter 3:9 is saying. So I am still waiting.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:27 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
This is as un-provable a statement as God exists.
He does but he is different to many.
We should only say what we can prove or has been proven.

Regards
DL
Only to you. I don't need to be shown proof to believe something. If it rings true to my soul, I do believe it. If not, I let it go just like I let go of the idea that God is mean, selfish and a murderer.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:35 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
So what your saying, greatest, is that if I work in an office and have a chance to promote to a higher position, I must sin against the company that hired me to learn lessons and get that promotion? That's just the stupidest thing to do. God is not like that. He would never ever ever say to sin just to get to a higher conscienceness. Sure, He gave us free will to choose, however, WE are the ones who chose not to stay in harmony with God. WE chose to disobey His laws. WE are the ones who decided being sinful is good. God would never create just to destroy. Ever. He created us out of Love and WE destroyed that Love by bringing darkness to our souls. GOD DID NOT DO THAT.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:10 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
A law maker breaking His own laws is evil.
Any God that would use genocide against man is an evil God.
Jews do not follow Hitler.
We should not follow a genocidal maniac.

Regards
DL
I would call drowning the entire world (according to the bible) quite genocidal actually.

Killing everything from kids to kittens is a sure sign of a sick and twisted mind.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
One would hope that sin is not taken that far by most but yes, when we recognize our sin and truly repent, we develop a moral sense.

What did Eve do after eating. She covered up. Developed a moral sense just as God wanted.

Regards
DL
By the above, you appear to claim that all non-Christians are immoral and/or amoral.

Old 07-29-2009, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Evil is an action based on absence of light. God is all light so, therfore, He is not evil and does not know evil until we practice it. He hates that action while at the same time loves us. He will not tell someone to harm another no matter what anyone thinks. God cannot possibly do that or we would all cease to exist.
We created sin, evil and everything that is not good. God gave us free will so when we practice the negatives, we are absent of light. To get back to the light, we must stop practicing sins. That means no more war, killing, rape, stealing, telling lies for self preservation and all negatives. Peace cannot come if we live the way we live now.
I do not think that good/evil can be compared to light/dark, ignoring for the moment the vague term "evil".

Just as one isn't "good" by doing nothing, one must actively seek to be "evil" and/or do "evil" things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality