Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 01:36 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,819,909 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
Riiight.

So Baugh and Patton and all the rest of the YECer pseudoscientists fake their degrees why? Why do you really think people who DO have legitimate degrees, like Behm, make up things that sound quite credible to the scientific laymen, but are easily picked apart by his fellows within the scientific community? Could tit be, perhaps, seeking some legitimacy so their opinions and hoaxes will carry more weight?

Fame? More like infamy to be the laughingstock of the scientific community. Money? Sure, Behm has a few books based on his pseudosciences, like People and Pandas, that promote Creationism/ID that people buy and he ALMSOT convinced some school districts to purchase as well. Not enough money to justify, IMHO, being s******ed at in the lunch room of the Universety.

Why do you think organizations like the Christian Children's Fund specifically target children in poor, third world countries with low or no Christian populations when there are starving and malnourished children right here in the US? Charity? Then why do they spend a significant amount of donations on bibles instead of rice and shoes? What about sermons in homeless shelters? Hear the word of God, or starve, your choice. Some choice, eh?

And why, pray tell, do you think a Christian businessman would spend millions of his own money, and that of the g'ment's as well, to create a religious theme park in a Nation that lacks a significant Christian population? Profit out of some 8% of the population? Hardly.

Prostylization and converstion (forced, coerced, or voluntary) is built into the religion, a pure Theopolitical example meant to increase the numbers of the Power Base (adherents) of the religion. As a result, some Christians do not feel they are good, proper Christians unless they are actively prostylizing and trying to convert.

Christians always attempt to explain this away, as you have and I'm sure you'll continue to do so, as merely "spreading the word", or "it's only meant for other Christians", or some other lame apologetic excuse.

These examples, ones I listed above and in Hong Kong, is merely a perfect illustration of the techniques used by Christians for the past two thousand years to spread your religion almost around the globe, effecting every single continent save one (Antartica), destroying ancient cultural and religious traditions along the way. Target the poor and destitue, especially the chidlren (sure, I'll teach your kids how to read. Oh look, I happen to have a Book right here), then the disallusioned, bored youth (hello? theme park!), then if you already haven't, begin to ooze your way into places of power and begin to effect laws and force g'ment to support your religion.

At least your religion has improved somewhat.

You no longer put those who refuse to give up the Elder Gods to the sword.
I'm sorry, you lost me on that one. Maybe you were responding to another poster. I was referring to creation museums, similar to Baugh's and Ham's. Who flocks to those museums, but their own flock. - Hardly proselytizing. They're preaching to the choir. That may not be their intent, but that is what happens. Churches schedule field trips to these museum so they can see that science is on their side and the evilutionists are all infidels. I don't see major Universities sending their Geology departments for a tour. I am sure their intent is to proselytize but how effecive is it actually, you just follow the money. Who is paying to go to these places. You said it yourself and I don't know why you are arguing.
Quote:
a pure money making scam and a lame attempt to prostylize and bring more people into the flock.
Lame is right Does that make it any clearer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 02:36 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,413,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I'm sorry, you lost me on that one. Maybe you were responding to another poster. I was referring to creation museums, similar to Baugh's and Ham's. Who flocks to those museums, but their own flock. - Hardly proselytizing. They're preaching to the choir. That may not be their intent, but that is what happens. Churches schedule field trips to these museum so they can see that science is on their side and the evilutionists are all infidels. I don't see major Universities sending their Geology departments for a tour. I am sure their intent is to proselytize but how effecive is it actually, you just follow the money. Who is paying to go to these places. You said it yourself and I don't know why you are arguing. Lame is right Does that make it any clearer.
There are all part and parcel of the same concern, IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality