Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 03:54 PM

1,266 posts, read 1,799,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting For Air View Post
You have absolutely no true grasp of history do you? Our entire legal system was based on the Jewish model. The very creation of our nation, our constitution and our laws were all shaped by religious belief system. Like it or not, that is our national history and heritage. Not saying it's right or wrong, buuuuuttttt......

Uhh no, actually our laws are based on English Common Law which in turn was derived from Roman Law.

Our Constitution is a secular document created by secular minded Deists and freethinkers. It is not in any way religious.

FAIL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Yes, by Moses, an adopted Egyptian prince, who was educated in all the wisdom and knowledge of Egypt, who led Israel out of Egypt, with the spoils of Egypt pocketed, to pay for their slave labor years in Egypt.
Yes where he also was exposed to the idea of monotheism via the Egyptian cult of The Aten. An idea which he took to the Israelites who then promoted Yahweh, a lowly god of war in the pantheon of Hebrew gods - to their own "one true God".

Old 08-06-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
perhaps those myths were based off of the prophesies of Christ. The oldest of which is in Genesis 3.
Too bad Genesis and the rest of the Old Testament were ripped off of the Egyptians and Sumerians.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:11 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Yes where he also was exposed to the idea of monotheism via the Egyptian cult of The Aten. An idea which he took to the Israelites who then promoted Yahweh, a lowly god of war in the pantheon of Hebrew gods - to their own "one true God".
Nope. Abram had already taught them from the book of Enoch, about the "hidden God in heaven =the Amen, 4 centuries before, which was 35 years after the fall of the tower of Babel, when Osiris, son of Anom was king of Egypt, and Noah was yet still alive.
Book of Jasher and Genesis Apocryphon, DSS collection.

Old 08-06-2009, 04:13 PM

790 posts, read 1,733,731 times
lol, before i even opened up the thread i knew it was going to be about the Egyptian God.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:30 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,415,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Enoch wrote of Christ before the flood. Egypt worshipped Him as He was revealed by Enoch, as the hidden God in heaven, the Amen before they changed His truth into a lie. In the Book of Revelation of Christ, He declares that He is indeed the Amen, the hidden God in heaven [whom Enoch alone saw and wrote of], now revealed.

The king of Egypt only 35 years after the fall of Babel was Osiris, who was "degenerately deified" long after his death; but when Abram came into Egypt 35 years after the fall of the tower of Babel, he was just a king who sought wisdom. Sarai was taken into the Pharaoh's household for 5 years at that time of going in to Egypt, and Abram read to the Pharaoh's wise men from the book of Enoch, when they asked him to teach them truth, wisdom, and virtue. -Genesis Apocryphon, DSS scrolls translated to English Hagar was a daughter of the king of Egypt by a concubine, whose father advised her to go be a servant in Abram's household, and gave her to Sarai, at that time, to serve her, when Abram and Sarai went out of Egypt with gifts.
And your proof would be?...

Old 08-06-2009, 05:31 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
And your proof would be?...
Oh, you shouldn't have asked that question! Wait and see...

Old 08-06-2009, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlueSky_ View Post
Uhh no, actually our laws are based on English Common Law which in turn was derived from Roman Law.

Our Constitution is a secular document created by secular minded Deists and freethinkers. It is not in any way religious.

FAIL
I always get a kick out of people who claim our g'ment is based on religion.

Whenever I see religion & government mentioned in the same sentance liek that, I'm reminded of people who claim creationism science.

Last time I checked, there simply wasn't ANY religion whose clergy were elected, and NO relgiion that resembled a Constitutional Republic, like our, in the least, so I ahve no idea where these people get the idea that the US was somehow founded on religion.

Old 08-06-2009, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Oh, you shouldn't have asked that question! Wait and see...
Hey, I love a good giggle every now and then.

Wanna lay odds (s)he bring up the Book of Jasher again?

Old 08-06-2009, 09:02 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,567,214 times
I started a thread on the "Book of Jasher", but I was meaning the lost book. In mainstream Christianity and historical study it's considered to be a book quoted in a couple books of the Bible that was lost to history.

I hadn't really intended it as a spur for someone to tout a claimant of the lost book, but I did know of the possibility. I can neither confirm nor deny whether the book said person means is THE "Book of Jasher", as I've not investigated the matter, but I would generally lean toward saying it's not. I think if it were it would have much more mainstream support in Christian study and academia. (So far as I can tell it's main support is in Mormon circles) Especially as it's been known for decades or centuries.

If he or she wishes to believe in it that's fine, but I think it's problematic to use it as evidence of anything to a mixed audience. Besides there's sufficient evidence, from respectable sources, that Horus is not that similar to Jesus. For that matter there's sufficient evidence to show Mithra is not as similar as claimed either. You don't need to look into books whose validity is not widely accepted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality