Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 09:29 PM

4,655 posts, read 5,065,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post
I think some people look for the simple solution, ie "God did it".

Our orbit varies widley, as pointed out earlier in this thread.

Had we been closer, or farther, we would've adapted accordingly.

There are many theories why mars has no life, icnluding not recieving enough atmosphere in the same manner the Earth did, however, it still lies within the nominal orbiting range for supporting life.

I can't see how someone can NOT look at the simple solution of "God did it".

There is no other explanation for the existence of everything. It's the only logical one.

I'm sorry, but to look at the facts and hold to atheism is just irrational.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 09:45 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,411,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
I can't see how someone can NOT look at the simple solution of "God did it".

There is no other explanation for the existence of everything. It's the only logical one.

I'm sorry, but to look at the facts and hold to atheism is just irrational.
YOU speaking of facts is rather hilarious.

So, what proof of your god do you hold up for us to see?

What "facts" do you offer to substantiate that your "god did it?"

Old 08-19-2009, 09:59 PM

Quote:

cause ----> effect

It's simple. It's scientific. It's rational, and logical.

But then, the new crop of atheists nowadays aren't exactly known for being rational and logical.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:08 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
Why claim that a magical God is responsible for everything you can't understand?

Why can't you just say, "I'm not sure."

Just because you don't know how something started, that doesn't not automatically mean that thee is a supernatural being that has magic.

Afterall, by your logic, a God couldn't exist without something having created it.

Old 08-19-2009, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
Why claim that a magical God is responsible for everything you can't understand?

Why can't you just say, "I'm not sure."

Just because you don't know how something started, that doesn't not automatically mean that thee is a supernatural being that has magic.

Afterall, by your logic, a God couldn't exist without something having created it.
There's really only 2 choices: either something created it...or it came about w/out a creator. There is no other rational choice. We can reject the idea that it created itself. The only logical, rational choice is that there is a creator.

Therefore, atheism is not rational.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:18 AM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
You believe in a God, so either something created God or God came about w/out a creator. Do you reject the idea that God created himself?

Why do you accept that a God could have always existed, but not accept that matter could have always existed, or even that it was created out of energy?

Old 08-20-2009, 03:12 AM

1,125 posts, read 1,590,361 times
Quote:

Trying to prove God exists to an atheist is like trying to prove the color orange exist to a person who was born blind. You just don't have the sense to perceive what is there.

Either through choice, bad upbringing, or mental damage atheists have lost the sense that can feel the presence of God, and for that I am truly sorry for them. Hopefully someday they will recover that sense or begin to use it again before it is to late for them.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:23 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,929,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdbrich View Post
There's really only 2 choices: either something created it...or it came about w/out a creator. There is no other rational choice. We can reject the idea that it created itself. The only logical, rational choice is that there is a creator.

Therefore, atheism is not rational.
Or it always existed. Three! Three choices! Ah HA HA!

The only "logical" "rational" conclusion is the one supported by evidence.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:24 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,929,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
Trying to prove God exists to an atheist is like trying to prove the color orange exist to a person who was born blind. You just don't have the sense to perceive what is there.

Either through choice, bad upbringing, or mental damage atheists have lost the sense that can feel the presence of God, and for that I am truly sorry for them. Hopefully someday they will recover that sense or begin to use it again before it is to late for them.

It's because my mother didn't breastfeed me as baby.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:28 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
There is really no way one can ask these people to be logical. The mantra 'nothing can come from nothing so God dunnit' cannot be countered by saying that no-one knows for sure.

They know because the conditions in which life developed must have been specially planned to suit the life that was also specially planned. Evidence that it developed gradually is dismissed as a Darwinist lie.

Since they see and are willing to admit to no other possibility other than 'God', I have to ask 'which god'?

So I'm asking Kdbrich and Lionpainter and the rest: assuming for the sake of argument, that we take a creative First Cause as a starting point, so what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality