Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2007, 06:12 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,136,120 times

Advertisements

I really like the footnotes at the bottom of the pages. It is great to have that direct reference back to the Bible!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2007, 11:59 AM

3 posts, read 44,003 times
I agree with the statment about judging, but saying when something is right or wrong is sometimes not just opinion. If we say that someone is going to hell, that's not the right way to judge. But, stating differences between historical Christian beliefs is not judgment, it's fact.

I agree with someone above who said that there are people in all religions who make crazy statments. That's why we shouldn't make decisions about a religion based on the statement of the average person. However, making decisions based on the official statements of the relgion or denomination is fine because it is meant to reflect the "true" teaching of that religion or denomination.

Thoughts?

Old 05-07-2007, 12:04 PM

1,372 posts, read 5,217,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarhill View Post
What's interesting to me about this is the fact the book of mormon has changed so many times over the years. I'm not talking about small changes either. I have access to a book of mormon from the 70's and today's version. My mother and brother are mormons.
are they changes that are specific to a scripture
or rather a change in the law of the land

EG polygamy
just wondering

Old 05-07-2007, 01:28 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,911,639 times
Default New thread:

Mormons, I need you here. https://www.city-data.com/forum/relig...-answered.html

Old 05-10-2007, 10:16 AM

1,396 posts, read 1,193,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dncngrl1964 View Post
Ephraim Younger son of Joseph but bestowed the birthright by Jacob he is the one

His tribe is the one Jesus spoken of about other flocks not in this fold

Ephraim was the younger son of Joseph, son of Jacob, and Asenath, daughter of Potiphera (priest of the sun god Re of Heliopolis). Ephraim is the ancestor of the Tribe of Ephraim. Before his death, Jacob adopted his grandchildren Ephraim and Manasseh to be equal with his own sons (Genesis 48:5).

When Jacob blessed Joseph's two sons he placed his right hand on the head of the younger boy, Ephraim, and his left hand on the older boy, Manasseh. Joseph was upset when his father laid his right hand on the younger grandson, rather than the older grandson. But Jacob said that although Manasseh would become the ancestor of a great nation, his younger brother would be the ancestor of an even greater nation. (Genesis 48:19)
The Bible doesn't claim these two are Mormon,how do you get that they are Mormon. I really don't understand. This would make Joseph Smith Jewish??

Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
The Bible doesn't claim these two are Mormon,how do you get that they are Mormon. I really don't understand. This would make Joseph Smith Jewish??
I didn't say they were Mormon I said that their descendants were

Old 05-10-2007, 10:34 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,150,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildberries61 View Post
Ofcourse they weren't mormom. The mormon church wasn't established until 1830. Ephraim and Mannaseh are part of the 12 tribes of Israel of which every member of the church is of the lineage of one, which we believe is revealed to ua through divine inspiration.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreameyes View Post
Ofcourse they weren't mormom. The mormon church wasn't established until 1830. Ephraim and Mannaseh are part of the 12 tribes of Israel of which every member of the church is of the lineage of one, which we believe is revealed to ua through divine inspiration.
did i not convey that properly in my post?

Jacob said that although Mannassa would rule a great nation
Ephraim would rule a greater one
I always took that to be the Mormons
Sorry if my interpretation was off but I was on your side

Old 05-10-2007, 10:45 AM

1,703 posts, read 5,150,380 times
I'm sorry dncngrl, I guess I was a little confused at your question.

Old 05-27-2007, 05:29 AM

954 posts, read 815,466 times
Claims that some religious groups are actually trying to bring about Armageddon.

Inside The Mormon Church
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality