Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2009, 12:47 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,561,732 times

Advertisements

Creation Of The Universe Took Six Days...About 6,000 Years Ago.

THEN

Two Naked Teenagers In A Garden With A Snake And An Apple Determined The ETERNAL Fate Of Mankind.

C'MON NOW!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2009, 12:49 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
Creation Of The Universe Took Six Days...About 6,000 Years Ago.

THEN

Two Naked Teenagers In A Garden With A Snake And An Apple Determined The ETERNAL Fate Of Mankind.

C'MON NOW!!!
hahahahahahahahaha!!! Thats great..

Old 10-27-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
hahahahahahahahaha!!! Thats great..
Hey! I'm just reviewing facts. That's exactly what it says.

Old 10-27-2009, 01:43 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,674,486 times
Quote:
Hey! I'm just reviewing facts. That's exactly what it says.
I wont let my teens drive my car let alone chose my eternal future!! God is an irresponsible parent!!LOL

Old 10-27-2009, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
I wont let my teens drive my car let alone chose my eternal future!! God is an irresponsible parent!!LOL

LOL...agreed

Old 10-27-2009, 02:26 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,638,087 times
Reminds me of this gem:

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in all humanity because a rib woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree... yeah, makes perfect sense.

Old 10-27-2009, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Reminds me of this gem:

Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him that you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in all humanity because a rib woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree... yeah, makes perfect sense.
I post this every chance I get. The followers, the biblethumpers, are always beating their gums about this being a Christian nation. In fact most of the forebears were deists, not theists. Most of them recognized the bible as a bunch of nonsense. This is an excerpt from one of the letters between Thomas Jefferson and John Adams:

"the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding"

~Thomas Jefferson, letter to John Adams, from Monticello, April 11, 1823~

Old 10-27-2009, 03:17 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,553,240 times
Quote:
I post this every chance I get. The followers, the biblethumpers, are always beating their gums about this being a Christian nation. In fact most of the forebears were deists, not theists. Most of them recognized the bible as a bunch of nonsense. This is an excerpt from one of the letters between Thomas Jefferson and John Adams:

"the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding"

I love it. Don't stop.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:29 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,790,947 times
Quote:

Deists are theists; theists are not all deists, however. This nation's forebears were a mix of deists and Christians - all theists. It is absolutely true that most of the inflluential forefathers who are presumed by many Christians to be Christians were, in fact, deists and not Christians.

I'm a Christian and I've never said that the US is a Christian nation. Of course, it's a "Christian nation" when it's convenient for atheists to point to "the bloody reign of Christianity"...but I digress.

Maybe where you live in East Bumfart in the sticks the Christians are as ignorant as the atheists and make ignorant presumptions, but that has more to do with the people with whom you live and associate than it has to do with Christianity.

Christianity does not have as a tenet that the USA is a Christian nation. Perhaps you should get educated before making such asinine presumptions and sweeping generalizations about "followers" of the Christian faith.

Old 10-27-2009, 03:34 PM

2,782 posts, read 4,167,336 times
Quote:

Deist are theist...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality