Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 04:04 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,619,641 times

Advertisements

You get a kind of mental image of what people might be like in person after you've exchanged a few posts with them. I really think it would be interesting to actually meet everyone in person for a drink (with alcohol or not depending on your preference) and see if my mental image is correct. Of course this isn't a practical idea because we have people from all over the world but wouldn't it be a kick if it could be done? There's a few people who would be in each other's face in less than ten seconds who shall remain nameless. I could see a fist fight breaking out or at least a shouting match developing very quickly.
There's actually quite a few believers who I think I'd get along with quite well. I expect I'd hit it off with virtually all of my fellow atheists. There are a few people who I don't think would like me though and I expect there's a few I wouldn't care for either although I generally tend to get alone with people very well.
Anyway, I think it would be a riot if it could happen. In fact it could turn into a literal riot involving intervention by the police accompanied by national headlines, arrests, trips to the emergency room, etc. if a few people are as tightly wound as I picture them to be. I think it would be fun though, don't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 04:07 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,679,942 times
It wouldn't be the atheists that started any bloodshed...

Old 09-24-2009, 04:38 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,379,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
You get a kind of mental image of what people might be like in person after you've exchanged a few posts with them. I really think it would be interesting to actually meet everyone in person for a drink (with alcohol or not depending on your preference) and see if my mental image is correct. Of course this isn't a practical idea because we have people from all over the world but wouldn't it be a kick if it could be done? There's a few people who would be in each other's face in less than ten seconds who shall remain nameless. I could see a fist fight breaking out or at least a shouting match developing very quickly.
There's actually quite a few believers who I think I'd get along with quite well. I expect I'd hit it off with virtually all of my fellow atheists. There are a few people who I don't think would like me though and I expect there's a few I wouldn't care for either although I generally tend to get alone with people very well.
Anyway, I think it would be a riot if it could happen. In fact it could turn into a literal riot involving intervention by the police accompanied by national headlines, arrests, trips to the emergency room, etc. if a few people are as tightly wound as I picture them to be. I think it would be fun though, don't you?
Sounded like a joke,

"A Christian, Muslim, Jew, and a Atheist all walk into a bar"

Old 09-24-2009, 04:47 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,899,491 times
Who cleans up the blood ? Who survives ? Which ones would be more likely to steal the wallets, and jewelry ?

Old 09-24-2009, 04:58 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,619,641 times
Peggy Anne wrote:
Quote:
Who cleans up the blood ? Who survives ? Which ones would be more likely to steal the wallets, and jewelry ?
I think the forensics team would probably clean up the blood after they'd secured the evidence for DNA testing and photographed the blood spatter which can indicate the type of weapon used, the distance from the attacker to the victim, etc. I suspect that the police would end up arresting a cross section of people with various beliefs based more on their antisocial behavior patterns rather than their religious or lack of religious point of view.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:06 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,735,156 times
I don't shed any blood unless someone tries to shed mine. Then all bets are off.

Old 09-24-2009, 05:07 PM

388 posts, read 855,875 times
Whatever gave you this idea Montana? That would be an excellent idea. Why not we have get toghethers over on the BML and we all seam to hit it off pretty well. We had 2 gatherings both in Orlando, Fl. Once last year and this year. It was awsome. We don't really need to talk about religion or politics, but that could be cool. Lets all get together in Orlando also and gettogether at the Ale House.... Then maybe we can look up a fight club and then discuss religion....

Old 09-24-2009, 05:07 PM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Tonight on Dr Phil...

Old 09-24-2009, 05:09 PM

9,726 posts, read 16,735,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coosjoaquin View Post
Tonight on Dr Phil...
...Massive fight breaks out at gathering for internet geeks. No injuries were reported...

Old 09-24-2009, 05:15 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,655,607 times
I think it would only work if there were two ground rules, no weapons and be respectful to one another........at which point I would be more than happy to participate in such an endeavor,it could be interesting.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality