Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 08:36 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Thank you!
You are more than welcome my friend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2009, 09:40 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
What about Revelations 8:10: And the third angel sounded, and there fell a great star from heaven, burning as it were a lamp, and it fell upon the third part of the rivers, and upon the fountains of waters;
11: And the name of the star is called Wormwood: and the third part of the waters became wormwood; and many men died of the waters, because they were made bitter.

Wormwood = Chernobyl in Russian. Hence the meltdown at Chernobyl in 1986 was prophesied. Wormwood, is just the name of the star that fell and does not refer to some species of wormwood as is sometimes a poor arguement against this prophesy.
Totally ignoring all the other problems that exist with this delusional thought...Chernobyl didn't fall from the sky. Also, the word chernobyl means something along the lines of "black grass" or "black stalks". There's also word in Ukrainian spelled chornobyl and this word refers to the mugwort plant. So twist it all you like, it ain't a prophecy fulfilled.

Old 09-28-2009, 09:48 AM

The Tyre prophecy referred to Ezekiel's promise that Nebuchadnezzar would completely destroy Tyre and it would never be rebuilt. Nebby did not destroy Tyre as the prophecy claimed he would...he didn’t even capture it. As for Tyre never being rebuilt, it is today, the second most populated city in Lebanon.

Prophecy failed....miserably!

Old 09-28-2009, 09:53 AM

Ezekiel prophesised that God would give Egypt to Nebby as compensation for his failure to take Tyre as the prophecy had predicted. The prophecy was that Egypt would be a land of "utter waste and a desolation" from Migdol in the north to the border of Ethiopia in the south. So thorough would the devastation be that "neither foot of man nor foot of beast would pass through it", and it would be uninhabited for 40 years and the Egyptians would be scattered among the nations. Since this prophecy was penned, there has not even been one day let alone 40 years when Egypt has been devoid of either man or beast.

Prophecy failed......spectacularly!

Old 09-28-2009, 10:02 AM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
How about a "prophecy" that flopped not long after it was made? I actually started a thread about it but someone derailed it and I'm not supposed to "bump" threads so I will repost it here but notice how this "prophecy" just up and flopped all over the place. The story can be fund in II Kings 3.
================================================== ========
After the death of Ahab, king of Israel, the king of Moab decided it was a great time to stop paying tribute to Israel. The tribute was in the form of sheep. Ahab's heir, Jehoram, saw this as a sign of rebellion and declared war against Moab. For assistance he turned to his southern neighbor, Jehoshaphat, king of Judah an also the king of Edom whose land he had to go through to get to Moab.

Jehoshaphat, being a righteous king, wanted to hear from a prophet of God before preceding into battle. A suggestion was made to consult the prophet Elisha. Elisha only decides to oracle God because of Jehoshaphat. Jehoram, on the other hand, was repulsive to him because of his connection to the hated Ahab and Jezebel.

Elisha predicts a victory for the alliance against Moab. He predicts Moab would fall into their hands, however, what happens on the way to this victory is where it gets wierd. When the Israel-Judah-Edom alliance was at the point of striking the final blow on Moab, the king of Moad, seeing the advancing army against him, decided to sacrifice his son on the city wall of his kingdom. We are then told that as a result, "... there was great indignation against Israel." This led to the alliance aborting the mission and returning home without the ultimate victory promised by God's prophet.

What happened to the predicted victory?

Old 09-28-2009, 11:47 AM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Quite so young fella mi lad! The Babylonian Empire consisted of many nations just as the Roman Empire did. Hence your confusion regarding the Jews being recalled from many nations.

The Bible tells us many thing that have been shown to be false so sorry, can't allow you your sometime in the future get out clause.
I have no confusion regarding the Jews being recalled from many nations. The Bayblonian Empire was very large that is for sure, yet the Bible tells us, the Jewish remnant that would return to the land of Israel, would come from the islands of the sea, and from the four corners of the earth. I'm sorry, ancient Babylon was not that big. And no one has ever shown me anything in the Bible to be false. So your comment suggesting such, I believe is a myth believed by you. And the Bible clearly tells us, that in the future, there will exist a place called "MYSTERY BABYLON". And the Bible goes into great detail to describe this future Babylon.

Old 09-28-2009, 12:47 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,056,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
I have no confusion regarding the Jews being recalled from many nations. The Bayblonian Empire was very large that is for sure, yet the Bible tells us, the Jewish remnant that would return to the land of Israel, would come from the islands of the sea, and from the four corners of the earth. I'm sorry, ancient Babylon was not that big. And no one has ever shown me anything in the Bible to be false. So your comment suggesting such, I believe is a myth believed by you. And the Bible clearly tells us, that in the future, there will exist a place called "MYSTERY BABYLON". And the Bible goes into great detail to describe this future Babylon.
The bolded part should have given you a hint that these prophets were flat earthers

Old 09-28-2009, 01:32 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
The bolded part should have given you a hint that these prophets were flat earthers
The actual Hebrew word used was "KANAP," which means (extremity). Another words, as far as one can get. The four corners was added much later, and was more of an expression of distance. Even today, the term is still used. However, some still try to use this expression as a proof againts the Scriptures, and they do this, even though the orginal text has no such wording.

Old 09-28-2009, 07:40 PM

689 posts, read 549,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I am very interested in learning about specific biblical prophecies and whether or not they have been fulfilled. Does anyone know of a biblical prophecy that was or was not fulfilled? I am interested in specifics as to why you believe it was fulfilled or why it failed.
Humans are fooled to think that "Life ceases to exist after physical death".

The snake said that you may not died your second death, so fill up your mind with fruits from the Tree of Knowledge to judge good and evil as God does.

So you start to rely on your "knowledge" to say that after death we all goes to dust, as a result of failing to see the Tree of Life.

The fulfillment of this prophecy repeats itself on a daily basis, without humans own awareness.

Does science itself say that "life ceases to exist after death"? The answer is "No", science never says so. What a surprise.

Old 09-28-2009, 08:19 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
Humans are fooled to think that "Life ceases to exist after physical death".

The snake said that you may not died your second death, so fill up your mind with fruits from the Tree of Knowledge to judge good and evil as God does.

So you start to rely on your "knowledge" to say that after death we all goes to dust, as a result of failing to see the Tree of Life.

The fulfillment of this prophecy repeats itself on a daily basis, without humans own awareness.

Does science itself say that "life ceases to exist after death"? The answer is "No", science never says so. What a surprise.
Could it have been a myth of explanation, you know, like the Greek gods predicting what would happen if Pandora opened the box kinda deal.

Son: Dad, why do all these bad things happen in the world?

Dad: Well you see son, once upon a time a long time ago, a talking snake deceived this woman by telling her to disobey the gods and blah blah blah blah....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality