Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2009, 12:11 AM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times

Advertisements

Aside from its entertainment value in exposing the immense imagination of the human mind in concocting explanations of the unseen and unsee-able . . . is there a point to this protracted dialogue??

Old 10-18-2009, 09:48 AM

2,981 posts, read 5,457,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Aside from its entertainment value in exposing the immense imagination of the human mind in concocting explanations of the unseen and unsee-able . . . is there a point to this protracted dialogue??
Mormonism has no claim to biblical Christianity as Islam has no claim to biblical Judaism. Both claim they are the real deal, and Islam claims that the Jews wrote the OT wrong, and the Mormons claim that the Christians who wrote the NT got it wrong; so both groups high jacked the Word of God and wrote their own books which they claim are what "god" really meant to write, and voila! -new religions come in on the coat tails of the Truth, seducing weak minded men who have the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eye, and the pride of life, as their gods.

Biblical Judeo-Christian teachings are high-jacked by Islamics and by Mormons.
This thread is showing where the biblical dwelling place of YHWH Elohym is, according to the OT and other ancient Jewish writings [DSS Scrolls] and also other ancient books which were called Scripture, by Jews, before Jesus walked the earth in His flesh, and were called Scripture by early Christians after Jesus rose and ascended.

Old 10-18-2009, 10:04 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lacerta View Post
If you want to make fun of Mormon beliefs, at least pick something true, like the fact that they believe the Garden of Eden to be in Missouri. Now that is both true and hilarious.
Nope. Here's proof that Missouri IS the center of religious and scientific truth! A veritable GoE for GoD!

Dinosaur Museum / Haunted House - Branson, Missouri on Flickr - Photo Sharing! (http://www.flickr.com/photos/dustinholmes/2747540594/ - broken link)

Old 10-18-2009, 10:08 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,922,232 times
Default He Speaketh the Truth!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Well said. I really want to keep this passage from you, and remind you of it's validity from time to time in your own dissertations! Thx, & Top of this Sunday Morning to you, Mystic! I'm off to Church here in a bit!

(BTW, never dismiss the human need for entertainment and humor as we struggle along in our boring lives, esp. us spiritually challenged atheists!)

Old 10-19-2009, 02:17 AM

Mormonism is not Christian
Mormonism has another jesus
Mormonism has another gospel
Mormonism evolves so much, and the past teachings -the very foundational teachings and beliefs- are such utter "confusion" that the younger generation has no clue to what their own foundations are, and have no clue that they are as lost as any sinner, in any religion, in any age of earth's history.
Being Mormon is a peer pressure religion, like Islam. One must conform to the pressure put upon the families by the powers that control from the "top" of Mormonism, and individual thinking is not allowed to be expressed in Mormonism.
This peer pressure to conform has a niece of mine so ensnared that she is not allowed to even grieve as a mother should, over the sudden and accidental death of her young son [my own late brother's grandson] and she has it all bottled up inside and needs tranquilizers, while she mouths the Mormon cliches about her sudden loss [which is only one small tragedy which her family has had since her mother became Mormon, after or just before my late brother, her husband, died by accident -which brought the curse of a spirit of death into their family].
I am so sad for all who are so bound by that religion of darkness and deceit, and in the years that my late brother's family have been Mormon they have been cursed with nothing but ill health and the spirit of death.
It is so sad to see them so ensnared and so unable to enjoy this life and unable to know Jesus Christ as the True and Only Savior, and as YHWH come in flesh to be our own Kinsman, and who, as Kinsman, is the "God of the whole earth", and our "Everlasting Father" [as Firstborn of earth] replacing the "dead prince", "Adam", who died as a son of God, irrevocably, in the fall.

Old 10-19-2009, 08:14 AM

2,331 posts, read 3,376,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
Mormonism is not Christian
Mormonism has another jesus
Mormonism has another gospel
Mormonism evolves so much, and the past teachings -the very foundational teachings and beliefs- are such utter "confusion" that the younger generation has no clue to what their own foundations are, and have no clue that they are as lost as any sinner, in any religion, in any age of earth's history.
Being Mormon is a peer pressure religion, like Islam. One must conform to the pressure put upon the families by the powers that control from the "top" of Mormonism, and individual thinking is not allowed to be expressed in Mormonism.
This peer pressure to conform has a niece of mine so ensnared that she is not allowed to even grieve as a mother should, over the sudden and accidental death of her young son [my own late brother's grandson] and she has it all bottled up inside and needs tranquilizers, while she mouths the Mormon cliches about her sudden loss [which is only one small tragedy which her family has had since her mother became Mormon, after or just before my late brother, her husband, died by accident -which brought the curse of a spirit of death into their family].
I am so sad for all who are so bound by that religion of darkness and deceit, and in the years that my late brother's family have been Mormon they have been cursed with nothing but ill health and the spirit of death.
It is so sad to see them so ensnared and so unable to enjoy this life and unable to know Jesus Christ as the True and Only Savior, and as YHWH come in flesh to be our own Kinsman, and who, as Kinsman, is the "God of the whole earth", and our "Everlasting Father" [as Firstborn of earth] replacing the "dead prince", "Adam", who died as a son of God, irrevocably, in the fall.
I have to admit ysm that you are a valiant fighter against the beliefs of about 14,000,000 sincere followers of Jesus Christ. But you have no credibility on this board because it's so easy to demonstrate that almost everything you write against the Latter-day Saints is false.

Why not study up on what we really believe to be true at official LDS websites and quote from our canon instead of just mindlessly and ignorantly pasting from anti-Mormon media where people make a living producing, marketing, and selling lies about The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints?

Below are a couple of places that I suggest you spend some time on. Then, maybe we can have an intelligent conversation about the Mormons instead of the ignorant bigoted stuff you push. (If I believed the stuff you seem to have been deceived into believing about Latter-day Saints I too might be concerned. But I know, from having been an active Latter-day Saint for more than forty years that even though the LDS Church is composed of fallible human beings, LDS beliefs are good and of God.) It is my opinion that you are kicking against the pricks with your ceaseless attacks on us and that you would do much better focusing on and expressing the beautiful things YOU know to be true that draw you ever closer to God the Father and Jesus Christ.

Living Apostles testify of Jesus Christ the Son of God:

http://jesuschrist.lds.org/SonOfGod/eng/

Basic beliefs, videos, free Book of Mormon, live chat with an LDS missionary:

http://www.mormon.org

Old 10-19-2009, 05:08 PM

I have studied Mormonism from Mormon writings, and your own leaders, apostles and prophets of Mormonism is what I have been quoting.

Do you have a problem with your "living prophets" and apostles being quoted verbatim on the things they believe?
So are you above them? Are you above Joe Smith, who taught that the sun is a planet and so Kolob is a planet?
Are you above Brigham Young, who taught that Kolob was a planet?
Don't you have any respect for your own founders teachings on Kolob?
If you don't believe them, then do you make up your beliefs within Mormonism to please yourself?
By what authority do you dismiss Joe Smith's teaching that the sun is a planet -and so Kolob is a planet?
By what authority do you dismiss Brigham Young's teaching of Kolob as a planet?
Quote:
Brigham Young, second President of the LDS Church, spoke of Kolob as a planet.[20] Likewise, LDS Apostles John Taylor,[21] Orson Pratt (a mathematician with an interest in astronomy),[22] Orson F. Whitney,[23] and Alvin R. Dyer[24] referred to Kolob as a planet. Other Mormon theologians have also viewed Kolob as a planet.[25
Kolob - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-19-2009, 05:11 PM

the Mormon son of their god is not the Jesus Christ of the Word of God.
Jesus Christ of the Word of God is YHWH, in the second Person, and who is the Only Similitude/image of YHWH ever seen by any created being and in whose image Adam is made.

Jesus Christ of the Bible is the Person of God the Word, and He is come in human being flesh of the second Man creation; which flesh was created in the womb of an Adam female for the Living Spirit/Christ, to don, as one dons a garment.
He alone is from above, and is the son of Man in heaven/ God the Creator, come in the Person of the Word, and He is the Living Spirit/Christ.

"There was no God before Him and there is no God after Him", as He states in the OT. The Mormon god is one in a pantheon of ever evolving created gods, and is just an exalted sex crazed man-god, like the Titans of old.

But Jesus Christ of the Word, as a second Creation Man, was Always YHWH Elohym and is the Only Person in YHWH who is ever seen or shall ever be seen, and He is come in flesh.
He alone is from above, and we are from beneath.

Jesus Christ of the Word of God is not a brother to Satan, but is the Creator of Satan, the opposer, for whom the Lake of fire was created, in the beginning; and all whom the opposer gets to believe His oppositions to YHWH, and who follow his lies, will be his "food" forever, in the Lake of Fire.

Last edited by yeshuasavedme; 10-19-2009 at 05:20 PM..

Old 10-19-2009, 05:34 PM

Quote:
I have studied Mormonism from Mormon writings, and your own leaders, apostles and prophets of Mormonism is what I have been quoting.
If you know so much about the Latter-day Saints you must be aware that we are bound only to what is in our canon: The Holy Bible, The Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Jesus Christ, the Pearl of Great Price, the Doctrine and Covenants, and the Articles of Faith.

There is an established procedure for adding new revelations to our canon, it is very rarely done. The procedure includes the unanimous acceptance of the First Presidency and the Quorum of Twelve Apostles who present it to the members of the Church for their sustaining vote in their local congregations all over the world. Mormons are expected to think for themselves and to pray about and find out from God for themselves the truthfulness of everything they feel they should be doctrinally bound to.

Critics of the LDS Church almost invariably refer to books such as the Journal of Discourses that may or may not contain actual quotes from church leaders, they were very seldom if ever handwritten or signed by those leaders themselves.

I respect the teachings and counsel of church leaders, especially those more recent ones for our time spoken by the Lord's Apostles in general conference or appearing in the Ensign magazine. But in our canon it is written that Kolob is a star. And that's what I'm sticking to regardless of any contrary or out of context opinions that may have been expressed or said to have been expressed at one time or another since 1830 by any of the hundreds of thousands of church leaders who have voluntarily served in official callings in the church.

You may think you know what Mormons believe but until you've been active in our church for a significant period of time, been worthily to the temples many times, and walked and talked daily with real Latter-day Saints for at least a couple of years, I suggest that you stick with subjects you are actually familiar with and teach those things instead of pretending you know today's millions of Latter-day Saints and what they believe to be true.

Old 10-19-2009, 05:43 PM

Quote:
the Mormon son of their god is not the Jesus Christ of the Word of God.
Jesus Christ of the Word of God is YHWH, in the second Person, and who is the Only Similitude/image of YHWH ever seen by any created being and in whose image Adam is made.

Jesus Christ of the Bible is the Person of God the Word, and He is come in human being flesh of the second Man creation; which flesh was created in the womb of an Adam female for the Living Spirit/Christ, to don, as one dons a garment.
He alone is from above, and is the son of Man in heaven/ God the Creator, come in the Person of the Word, and He is the Living Spirit/Christ.

"There was no God before Him and there is no God after Him", as He states in the OT. The Mormon god is one in a pantheon of ever evolving created gods, and is just an exalted sex crazed man-god, like the Titans of old.

But Jesus Christ of the Word, as a second Creation Man, was Always YHWH Elohym and is the Only Person in YHWH who is ever seen or shall ever be seen, and He is come in flesh.
He alone is from above, and we are from beneath.

Jesus Christ of the Word of God is not a brother to Satan, but is the Creator of Satan, the opposer, for whom the Lake of fire was created, in the beginning; and all whom the opposer gets to believe His oppositions to YHWH, and who follow his lies, will be his "food" forever, in the Lake of Fire.
"We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost." 1st Article of Faith LDS Church

http://scriptures.lds.org/en/a_of_f/1

We do not believe that Jesus created Satan, and I don't think many other Christians do either.

With respect for your absolute right to believe whatever you will, and to worship whatever you will as you will, I recommend a few weeks of humble and sincere fasting and prayer, and scripture study with an open mind anxiously seeking to know the TRUTH. That might work wonders for you in my opinion...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.