Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 11:29 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,577,165 times

Advertisements

The million dollars one would have today wouldn't mean diddly squat in a hundred years if one didn't make the right investments. I myself feel that the world will not be around that much longer anyways..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 12:05 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Heck yeah I'd do it! I want to live forever. It has nothing to do with death or what does or does not happen afterwards cause I don't know so who cares? It's just that there is too much I haven't gotten to do or see in this this life that I want to do and see (and I've actually done quite a bit of living compared to a lot of folks). The typical human lifespan just isn't long enough for me to accomplish all I want. I have a "bucket list" you wouldn't believe.

Old 12-02-2009, 05:25 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
I've mentioned on earlier posts that I find the cycle of living and dying to be a natural process that doesn't need to change but I do think a few improvements could be made without necessarily extending the lifespan of human beings. What I don't like about getting old is looking old. I lived in a 55+ community in Phoenix for several years and first of all I'd like to point out that a 75 year old man dressed in plaid shorts exhibiting skeletal legs on the golf course is the stuff of nightmares. I haven't degenerated to that level of lack of taste but I've gradually seen my posture become a gnomelike shape that is covered with a wrinkled bag of skin. I would be perfectly content to die at a typical age but not have to suffer the indignity of turning into a creature that frightens young children and spending my last days groveling over a bedpan in a nursing home. Is that too much to ask?

Old 12-02-2009, 06:30 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,362,151 times
If the technology became available, I'd go on it. I'd want to switch careers every 50 years or so, and maybe have a cycle of them.

Having a family would probably be out of the question because, personally, I'd hate to live to see my kids, grandkids, etc. whoever didn't agree with immortality die endlessly. That'd get pretty sad.

I think if enough people began becoming immortal, we'd have to begin researching serious means of space travel. That would be the only way to support an exploding population.

Old 12-02-2009, 11:38 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
One day soon science will be capable of transplanting brains. Whole-body transplant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-03-2009, 12:07 AM

985 posts, read 2,601,322 times
I wouldn't mind living a lot longer, say maybe 10,000 years. I wouldn't want to live forever though, after a while I think I'd get bored. With an infinite amount of time you could know, do, and see all that is possible. Eventually, there would be nothing left to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality