Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 06:43 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
That is quite an interesting story, Miss Shawn. I can't tell you what you did or did not experience, however, I find your story quite opposite of other people who claimed they prayed real hard, in their times of need and distress and "heaven" was totally silent. I know it is easy to find all kinds of reasons to put forward as to why their prayers were not answered, but some of these people are quite adamant they were doing everything by "the book," their hearts were in the right place and they were full of faith this this god. Still their child died, they lost the job, their loved one succumbed, the pain got worse, the doctor still gave bad news, they lost that limb they never saw that miracle.

Why do you think god was so opened and accepting of you and not to others probably just as devout as you?
I didn't say that all of my prayers were answered because not all have been answered.

I think that God moved in my life in such a way at that time, I feel God was proving to me that He was who He said that He was.

I never said that I had it easy and the one reason why I was going through depression was due to my brother dieing. So, I have lost loved ones also. I have been through pain and misery, just like everyone else.

But, I think in my case, I was at a road of telling God that I was giving Him my life at that moment, and if He didn't come to me then I would end it. So, He did.

I can't say why others had to go through what they want through, that is not my place to say.

I have prayed for people and they died also, but I didn't let it turn me a way from God, because life is in His hands.

Quote:
Still their child died, they lost the job, their loved one succumbed, the pain got worse, the doctor still gave bad news, they lost that limb they never saw that miracle.
I am no different than them. I lost a job, lost relatives, pain got worse, doctor gave me bad news, but unlike some I didn't allow for it to turn me a way from God.

I gave you my experience of how I learned who God was, I never said or implied that all of my prayers were answered or that I am any better that God would do things for me that He would do for someone else.

Quote:
Why do you think god was so opened and accepting of you and not to others probably just as devout as you
I think that is an odd question because God have done things for other people that I didn't receive. There are other people who prayed for their brother to be healed and God granted that request, but mine died.

But because I trust God, I didn't turn away. Some people do because they don't like how God does things sometimes.

For me, God gave life and can take it away if He wishes. There are people in the world that will never accept that concept.

Quote:
I find your story quite opposite of other people who claimed they prayed real hard, in their times of need and distress and "heaven" was totally silent.
I myself have been through this. There are things that I have prayed for and God said nothing at that time. There were times that I had to wait for Him to answer and times when God didn't answer at all. But God has the right to do so. Even if God does not answer my prayers or questions, I always think about what He has already done for me and I simply wait for Him to answer.

Quote:
I find your story quite opposite of other people
Actually my story is not opposite. You are only looking at one part of what I experienced. I have experienced the same things as others. I think the only difference you should see is that people respond differently to tragedy. Some turn away from God and some continue to follow Him, when He doesn't always do what they want and exspect.

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 11-16-2009 at 07:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2009, 09:02 PM

5,553 posts, read 8,005,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Shawn_2828 View Post
I didn't say that all of my prayers were answered because not all have been answered.

I think that God moved in my life in such a way at that time, I feel God was proving to me that He was who He said that He was.

I never said that I had it easy and the one reason why I was going through depression was due to my brother dieing. So, I have lost loved ones also. I have been through pain and misery, just like everyone else.

But, I think in my case, I was at a road of telling God that I was giving Him my life at that moment, and if He didn't come to me then I would end it. So, He did.

I can't say why others had to go through what they want through, that is not my place to say.

I have prayed for people and they died also, but I didn't let it turn me a way from God, because life is in His hands.

I am no different than them. I lost a job, lost relatives, pain got worse, doctor gave me bad news, but unlike some I didn't allow for it to turn me a way from God.

I gave you my experience of how I learned who God was, I never said or implied that all of my prayers were answered or that I am any better that God would do things for me that He would do for someone else.

I think that is an odd question because God have done things for other people that I didn't receive. There are other people who prayed for their brother to be healed and God granted that request, but mine died.

But because I trust God, I didn't turn away. Some people do because they don't like how God does things sometimes.

For me, God gave life and can take it away if He wishes. There are people in the world that will never accept that concept.

I myself have been through this. There are things that I have prayed for and God said nothing at that time. There were times that I had to wait for Him to answer and times when God didn't answer at all. But God has the right to do so. Even if God does not answer my prayers or questions, I always think about what He has already done for me and I simply wait for Him to answer.

Actually my story is not opposite. You are only looking at one part of what I experienced. I have experienced the same things as others. I think the only difference you should see is that people respond differently to tragedy. Some turn away from God and some continue to follow Him, when He doesn't always do what they want and exspect.

Ok.

Old 11-16-2009, 09:21 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneInDaMembrane View Post
Ganesha is its name.

Oh. I didn't know that. Sounds like a sneeze. Gaa Gaa GANESHA!

Old 11-16-2009, 10:08 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
My religion consists of a humble admiration of the illimitable superior spirit who reveals himself in the slight details we are able to perceive with our frail and feeble mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality