Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-02-2009, 12:13 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,635,284 times

Advertisements

Yes, it's a weird question but so is the person asking it. The Bible is filled with statements attributed to God and Jesus but I've never heard a peep out of The Holy Spirit. I've always thought that the descriptions of the Trinity and the various activities that God and Jesus are said to have engaged in are pretty clear but I've never figured out what The Holy Spirit does all day. Also, if you compare how much of the Bible is devoted to writing about God and Jesus you'll notice that The Holy Spirit gets much less attention. God and Jesus are also described as males while The Holy Spirit is not described as either male or female. It seems like The Holy Spirit is getting second billing. Anyway, does anyone believe that The Holy Spirit can communicate with human beings by using our languages in the same manner that God and Jesus are supposed to be able to do?
You're probably wondering, does this guy sit up nights trying to think of strange questions to ask. Well, yeah, as a matter of fact I do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 12:16 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,837,946 times
I saw "The Fourth Kind" a couple weeks ago... god speaks Sumarian, apparently.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:17 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,582,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Yes, it's a weird question but so is the person asking it. The Bible is filled with statements attributed to God and Jesus but I've never heard a peep out of The Holy Spirit. I've always thought that the descriptions of the Trinity and the various activities that God and Jesus are said to have engaged in are pretty clear but I've never figured out what The Holy Spirit does all day. Also, if you compare how much of the Bible is devoted to writing about God and Jesus you'll notice that The Holy Spirit gets much less attention. God and Jesus are also described as males while The Holy Spirit is not described as either male or female. It seems like The Holy Spirit is getting second billing. Anyway, does anyone believe that The Holy Spirit can communicate with human beings by using our languages in the same manner that God and Jesus are supposed to be able to do?
You're probably wondering, does this guy sit up nights trying to think of strange questions to ask. Well, yeah, as a matter of fact I do.
You need to get out more, Montana. J\K

Old 12-02-2009, 12:25 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,582,830 times
The Holy Spirit is that which dwelleth within us as we have accepted the Lord into our life, into our heart and mind. We are convicted by the Holy Spirit,we want to follow in God's way ,it is not a voice we hear but an innate feeling ,a change because of a true repentance in our lives, that there is something different, a big change in our lives, that we have gotten rid of that sinful nature ,that old self and that we want to walk anew with the Lord. We are on fire for the Lord.

Old 12-02-2009, 12:35 PM

4 posts, read 6,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
He doesn't generally speak to the unregenerate. Not to cofused with degenerate--I'm sure you're a nice person, but you haven't been regerated and saved.

Old 12-02-2009, 01:24 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,467,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasItSomethingISaid? View Post
He doesn't generally speak to the unregenerate. Not to cofused with degenerate--I'm sure you're a nice person, but you haven't been regerated and saved.
Well, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. So, apparently it takes "saving" to be talked to but until that time it's basically explosive silence???

It sounds analogous to a Catholic Priest dishing out candy to children. "Follow me boys, there's candy in the confessional. All you have to do is go in and confess your sins <wink, wink>."

Old 12-02-2009, 02:43 PM

4,526 posts, read 6,092,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCSTroop View Post
Well, that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. So, apparently it takes "saving" to be talked to but until that time it's basically explosive silence???

It sounds analogous to a Catholic Priest dishing out candy to children. "Follow me boys, there's candy in the confessional. All you have to do is go in and confess your sins <wink, wink>."

that was uncalled for-----the holy spirit often talks to us but sometimes we choose to ignore or do not hear it.In the bible the holy spirit is mentioned several times such as during pentecost,after jesus' resurrection-----
one DOES NOT have to be saved to hear the holy spirit(GOD)--BUT ONE HAS TO BE WILLING TO OPEN ONE'S HEART,MIND TO HEAR THE MESSAGE

Old 12-02-2009, 09:49 PM

2,074 posts, read 2,166,065 times
The Holy Spirit doesn't speak. Think of it like the wind... it's an invisible energy... it is God's spirit

"The Holy Spirit is that part of God's spirit that manifests His presence and care in conveying His Divine Love into men's souls. This Love is the highest and greatest and most holy of His possessions, and can be conveyed to men only by the Holy Spirit, and this appellation is used in contradistinction to the mere spirit, which demonstrates the operation of God's Soul to men in other directions and for other purposes. "

http://truthforallpeople.com

Note: The contents at this website are in the public domain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality