Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2009, 09:14 PM

2,339 posts, read 4,402,426 times

Advertisements

Quiverfull Wives Confess -- Putting Birth Control in 'God's Hands' - Lemondrop.com

This is so sad. I don't understand why people feel they have to breed a bunch of kids because of the Bible. It doesn't even say that you have to have a zillion babies! I'm glad the woman in the story got out of that group!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 10:17 PM

1,317 posts, read 2,055,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post
Quiverfull Wives Confess -- Putting Birth Control in 'God's Hands' - Lemondrop.com

This is so sad. I don't understand why people feel they have to breed a bunch of kids because of the Bible. It doesn't even say that you have to have a zillion babies! I'm glad the woman in the story got out of that group!
Dani

Don't ya know them fundies want their wimmen barefoot, pregnant, in the kitchen and subservient sex slaves?

Old 11-14-2009, 10:25 PM

2,115 posts, read 7,087,841 times
The Duggars are Quiverfulls.

Old 11-14-2009, 11:11 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
The Duggars are Quiverfulls.
The Duggars are bad parents.

Old 11-15-2009, 02:07 AM

651 posts, read 1,417,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme58 View Post
Dani

Don't ya know them fundies want their wimmen barefoot, pregnant, in the kitchen and subservient sex slaves?
Yup. They also want to have plenty of young'uns to indoctrinate so they can raise an 'army for god'. If I remember correctly, the name they adopted, Quiverfull, alludes to arrows in a quiver. I thought Jesus was all about turning the other cheek; but, apparently, these guys want to fire off a couple of arrows before they turn that cheek.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:32 PM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
The quiverful ideal is not limited to any one 'group'.

We have known many quiverful families.

When applying to be a foster-parent, I was asked why I wanted to be a foster-parent. My answer was to quote that passage.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:36 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaniMae1 View Post

*If* I were religious, which I am not, I would just assume that if *GOD* did not want us to use birth control, he wouldn't have allowed us to create it. So it must be GOD'S WILL. Bwhahahahahaaha bwahahahahaha

Anyway. If these people want to spend their entire lives breeding, who am I to say they shouldn't be allowed to. Some people don't have the brains nor the ambition to do anything else.

20yrsinBranson
-

Old 11-15-2009, 03:51 PM

3,771 posts, read 7,095,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
Anyway. If these people want to spend their entire lives breeding, who am I to say they shouldn't be allowed to. Some people don't have the brains nor the ambition to do anything else.
Precisely the reasons I believe one should have be approved before they are allowed to give birth. In this society where unwanted children are in abundance, and so many children are being raised in circumstances where they aren't receiving proper education, healthcare, or guidance, I would deem it no longer a right to have a child, but a priviledge.

Stupid people lacking ambition shouldn't be procreating.

Old 11-15-2009, 03:54 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia160 View Post
Yup. They also want to have plenty of young'uns to indoctrinate so they can raise an 'army for god'. If I remember correctly, the name they adopted, Quiverfull, alludes to arrows in a quiver. I thought Jesus was all about turning the other cheek; but, apparently, these guys want to fire off a couple of arrows before they turn that cheek.
There was recently a tv program that talked about the 'Quiverful movement' and that was a point that the families made. That if they had 12+ children, their children had 12+ children etc etc, that in 2 or 3 generations they would have enough of an 'Army for god' to sway elections and 'take back their country'.

It was actually kind of scary, but sad at the same time. If this is how they choose to live, it does strike me as a bit weird and creepy but to each his/her own.

Secret Lives of Women - WEtv.com

Old 11-15-2009, 03:55 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddy4LyF View Post
Precisely the reasons I believe one should have be approved before they are allowed to give birth. In this society where unwanted children are in abundance, and so many children are being raised in circumstances where they aren't receiving proper education, healthcare, or guidance, I would deem it no longer a right to have a child, but a priviledge.

Stupid people lacking ambition shouldn't be procreating.
I couldn't agree with you more. If people had to take a class and get a license to breed, the world would be a much better place.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality