Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2009, 02:13 PM

42 posts, read 80,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in VA View Post
And to that the believer will say, if the atheist can believe that the universe always was, then why is it so hard to believe that God always was? Kind of circular reasoning on the atheist's part, don't you think?
i think of it more this way...

If the atheist can believe that the universe always was, then why is it so hard for some to believe that god never was
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2009, 02:37 PM

1,186 posts, read 2,251,134 times
who is the creator of god ?

God is the creator .

if some one or some thing created him then he would be the created and not the creator.

but he is the creator and not the created

so
this question is not logical and it is invalid and contradictory in it self
because Allah is the creator and he is not the created

for example we say Allah the strong and this Characteristic for Allah is invalid to have its Versa which is weak

same thing he is the creator we cant say he is created

and he is not created so how can we ask who created him .

if we have imposed - a controversy - there is a creator for the creator then we ask who is the creator of the creator and then
who is the creator that create the creator of the creator

Thus, to continue indefinitely. This is impossible in the minds.

so he is the creator and every thing else is created and they end to him

he is the first and nothing before him
he is the last and nothing after him

the laws and rules of the universe is created by Allah and it does not apply on him

he does not need any thing to create the universe .

2:117 To Him is due the primal origin of the heavens and the earth: When He decreeth a matter, He
saith to it: "Be," and it is.

Sura #54 Al-Qamar / The moon verses 50
And Our Command is but a single (Act),- like the twinkling of an eye.

19:35 It befitteth not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should take unto Himself a son. Glory be to Him!
When He decreeth a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is.

19:36 And lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So serve Him. That is the right path.

112:1 Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;
2 Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;
3 He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;
4 And there is none like unto Him.

and in the hadith

"Satan comes to one of you and says, 'Who created so-and-so? 'till he says, 'Who has created your
Lord?' So, when he inspires such a question, one should seek refuge with Allah and give up such
thoughts."

Last edited by moonsun; 11-23-2009 at 02:56 PM..

Old 11-23-2009, 02:48 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
who is the creator of god ?

God is the creator . if some one or some thing created him then he would be the created and not the creator. but he is the creator and the created
Ah but you see, he can't be the creator and the created because if he was, the creator would be without a creator and therefore would be unable to create the creator in a creation brought about by a creating creator within a creation of creators and by a creator creating a creator it must follow that a created creation would, as and of itself, be a creation of a creation brought about by creators who create themselves. See what I'm getting at?

Old 11-23-2009, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Ah but you see, he can't be the creator and the created because if he was, the creator would be without a creator and therefore would be unable to create the creator in a creation brought about by a creating creator within a creation of creators and by a creator creating a creator it must follow that a created creation would, as and of itself, be a creation of a creation brought about by creators who create themselves. See what I'm getting at?

thank you

God is the creator .

if some one or some thing created him then he would be the created and not the creator.

but he is the creator and not the created .

Old 11-23-2009, 02:59 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,824,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XVicariousX View Post
Im a non believer, but im still very interested in theory's and beliefs. I was wondering if someone religious could tell me in there own opinion who created god, was god just always there, was he never created just always was? and if god was just always there, couldn't that mean that other things where always there. There had to of been something that just was and not created, or there would be nothing, even evolution, there had to of been "something" that created life. and the big bang, something had to of created the components of the big bang (if that happened)?

Pretty much this brings me personally to the conclusion, that there had to of been something at some point that just was, and was not created by anything. Maybe life as a whole just is? Im not sure what do you think?
I did. This time around it's my turn to be the hairless bipedal lab monkey who wanders the cage while he torments me and throws problems my way.

Next time it will be his turn.

I'm not sure who the rest of you are though. I think you are all figments of my imagination.

Old 11-23-2009, 03:05 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,865,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonsun View Post
thank you

God is the creator .

but he is the creator and not the created .
Whoosh!!! Went right over his head didn't it?

Old 11-23-2009, 03:52 PM

How can I respond to a question like: “Where did God come from?” Thank you in advance.

Who Created Allah? - IslamonLine.net - Ask The Scholar (http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503544264 - broken link)

Old 11-23-2009, 05:59 PM

I tell non-muslims that Allah created everything in this universe. They say to me who created Allah ? How can Allah have been there since the beginning ?
How can i answer them ?
Islam Question and Answer - The kuffaar ask who created Allaah

Old 11-24-2009, 09:15 AM

42 posts, read 80,152 times
If god created all, he most know all, he created us down to the detail, wouldnt he already know who would have faith and who wouldnt. He created the universe, million and millions of planets yet one with life (so far anyway) he created animals and humans, yet human's are better than animals, cause humans were created in god's image. everything we know about god is in books, every book is man made, every book was written by man, even if god spoke through man to write the bible, that was man's interpretation of what god said.

im sorry but i cannot just have faith in something that runs by the methods of brainwashing, unless i have proof, i understand that religion and god can change you into a better person, and to me is an exellent guide to life if you wanna live as a good person, but i can do that without the bible and god.

consider yourself brainwashed unless you're willing to examine alternative perspectives without fear and prejudice.
im not saying believers are brainwashed but im saying the evidence is definitly there, and it makes me wonder.

im not the author of this, the author is unknown
"[Methods Used in Brainwashing]

1. Attitudinal inoculation: The process of making people immune to attempts to change their attitudes by initially exposing them to small doses of the arguments(opposition) against their position. This process gives explanations to behavior, arguments, and beliefs of opponents. The explanations may be highly biased and inaccurate but depending on the source of the misinformation may significantly add to credibility of a belief system.

2. Fear inoculation: The process of making people immune to attempts to change their attitudes by initially exposing them to the consequences (often fraudulently created consequences) of rejecting the initial belief system in favor of another.

3. Creative personal situation interpretation: The process of subtly acquiring enough information to deliver a believable explanation of an individual's personal situation such that it is consistent with a belief system, thus adding to credibility of an individual and swaying others towards their belief system. Techniques can be demonstrated by calling a psychic network using a 1-900 number. The motive may be money rather than recruiting a cult member, but the techniques are the same.

4. Creative history interpretation: The act of interpreting history in such a way that it is consistent with the belief system, thus adding to the credibility of a belief system.

5. Selective vision: The tendency to acknowledge only those things that are consistent with one’s belief system. Anything that contradicts or conflicts with the belief system are irrationally interpreted such that they are consistent with the belief system or entirely disregarded.

6. Group think error: The tendency to accept or continue to accept a belief system due to the overall credibility of the members in a group. This is based on an erroneous faith that an entire group including those who you may trust implicitly can not be deceived or wrong. This is the strongest influence on credibility of a belief system."

Old 11-24-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XVicariousX View Post
even if god spoke through man to write the bible, that was man's interpretation of what god said.
God spoke in Arabic and our language is Arabic and no interpretation is done.

The Quran is a record of the exact words revealed by God through the Angel Gabriel to the Prophet Muhammad. It was memorized by Muhammad and then dictated to his Companions, and written down by scribes, who cross-checked it during his lifetime. Not one word of its 114 chapters, Suras, has been changed over the centuries, so that the Quran is in every detail the unique and miraculous text which was revealed to Muhammad fourteen centuries ago.

Understanding Islam and the Muslims - What is the Qur`an?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality