Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2009, 09:59 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times

Advertisements

Why are any Christians placing any stock in anything that the Mayan pagans (!) had to say?

Cha-ching! That's the sound of cash registers ringing. That date is only six weeks or so after the next Presidential election...does that mean Palin is going to be elected? That could be the end of life as we know it, all right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2009, 07:47 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty Rhodes View Post
The Mayans were smart enough to come up with a calendar that spanned several years because they saw the pattern in time. The Julian calendar, the one commonly sold around this time of year, only covers one year. At the end of this one year span, we normally throw out our old calendars and buy a new one. The Mayans were smarter than that, their calendar spans many years and is on a repeating pattern. The only thing that will happen is the calendar will start over. It was never intended to signal a doomsday event. Only modern times would come up with a notion that idiotic.
Oh you killjoy!

Old 11-27-2009, 09:53 AM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
The impending Mayan doomsayer date, Dec. 21, 2012 is weighing heavily on the public's mind, according to The National Enquirer. In addition, Sara Palin, a devout born=again Christian, has been seen with her cute (and appropriately tight-fitting...) T-Shirt proclaiming:

2012: A New Beginning

Does this provide a happy, prophetically convenient dire announcement for wishful & teary-eyed End-Timers? Despite that it may well not coincide with Israel's collapse or a Middle East Armageddon or anything else that is supposedly an absolute minimum requirement for the last days.

There's a literal gold-mine of info readily available online (but NOT for free, mind you...)...

Survival Expert Rob Rellaw’s “Survival Resources for Tomorrow” #1 Survival Resource on the Net

Apparently you CAN easily survive this cataclysm through:

1) prayer

2) donations to your church

3) a good survival book, available at Amazon at good discounts!

4) getting to know Thy God, but do it soon... no late whiners accepted after Dec 19, 2012, midnight!

5) gold acquisition

6) prayer AND donations

But seriously, do any Christians here have well founded facts to support their belief that, finally, this, really, is, I'm telling yah, the real, actual, finally correct non-Nostradamus Prophesy of Prophesies?

('Cause, if it does come true just like the latest Hollywood movie, it will also be your last chance to be correct. After this one, we'll all just be toast! Apparently).

And if so, what should we do then, to "survive". (I really can't afford to purchase too much gold right now, much less give what I do have to my Church....

Help!)
It means nothing to me, God said that we would know the times.

Old 11-27-2009, 10:22 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
I'll definitely be in the gym on Dec 21, 2012.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:01 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Three more days of Christmas shopping.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:03 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
The shortest day of the year.

Old 11-27-2009, 01:25 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
First female president = end of the world.

Old 11-27-2009, 03:12 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
First female president = end of the world.
BTW - the above is supposed to be a good-natured little rhetorical joke and does not express the true beliefs of the poster.

I'm sure there are some women out there who can do a lot better job in the oval office than what we've seen done in the past few years.

Old 11-27-2009, 06:20 PM

7,685 posts, read 13,144,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgnostic View Post
The shortest day of the year.
Realy, isn't that the Winter Soldtice?

Old 11-27-2009, 06:22 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,724,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firstborn888 View Post
BTW - the above is supposed to be a good-natured little rhetorical joke and does not express the true beliefs of the poster.

I'm sure there are some women out there who can do a lot better job in the oval office than what we've seen done in the past few years.
Man, I truly wish Sarah Palin can become President in 2013.

I wanna see the reaction of the liberal folks, with 20 popcorn bags
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality