Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 11:23 AM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times

Advertisements

By supernatural event I'm referring to such things as ESP, astral projection, predicting the future, levitation, remote viewing or any act that would appear to be impossible based on the laws of physics. ESP has been throughly studied for decades, even by reputable individuals and universities. Nothing out of the ordinary has ever been reported. Can any of you who believe in such things name one specific case in which a supernatural event has been well documented and there is substantial evidence that it is true?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2009, 11:30 AM

2,901 posts, read 12,726,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
By supernatural event I'm referring to such things as ESP, astral projection, predicting the future, levitation, remote viewing or any act that would appear to be impossible based on the laws of physics. ESP has been throughly studied for decades, even by reputable individuals and universities. Nothing out of the ordinary has ever been reported. Can any of you who believe in such things name one specific case in which a supernatural event has been well documented and there is substantial evidence that it is true?
Well, i don't know about a "supernatural event" but did you ever see "Phoenix Lights" or "Lights Over Phoenix" ... can't remember which one it is.
It's an interesting documentary.
I have no agenda regarding UFO's but something extraordinary seems to have happened that night in Phoenix.

Last edited by coyoteskye; 11-30-2009 at 11:39 AM..

Old 11-30-2009, 11:53 AM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coyoteskye View Post
Well, i don't know about a "supernatural event" but did you ever see "Phoenix Lights" or "Lights Over Phoenix" ... can't remember which one it is.
I have no agenda regarding UFO's but something extraordinary seems to have happened that night in Phoenix.

If there were a UFO that wasn't something from the earth that would not be a supernatural event.

Old 11-30-2009, 11:58 AM

coyoteskye wrote:
Quote:
I did see a couple of documentaries and I'm convinced that it was just military flares. If a UFO or alien event were ever proven to be true I wouldn't consider that to be a supernatural event though. It's quite possible that advanced civilizations could have evolved just like we did so that wouldn't be supernatural if that were the case. Something supernatural would have to defy the laws of physics.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:04 PM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
The CIA took it serious enough to do a bunch of studies... still I don't think they released any hardcore proof to the public...if they even found any.

Old 11-30-2009, 12:16 PM

Chango wrote:
Quote:
The CIA took it serious enough to do a bunch of studies... still I don't think they released any hardcore proof to the public...if they even found any.
That's true and I believe the Russians did the same thing many years ago. Nevertheless they pulled the plug on that program a long time ago because they weren't getting any worthwhile results. If someone was capable of remote viewing and was employed by our government we could have located Bin Laden years ago.

Old 11-30-2009, 02:09 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
Can any of you name one specific case in which a supernatural event is true?
personal experience is the strongest evidence, and the only evidence that carries any weight for me

personal experience is enough to convince me,
and i have no interest in proving anything to anyone else

Old 11-30-2009, 02:13 PM

22,182 posts, read 19,227,493 times
as far as astral projection and remote viewing in the opening post list of "supernatural" things....
....do you dream at night?
well, that right there is the most well-known experience of the "supernatural" because in your night-time dreams you travel out of body and view stuff remotely.

...can you prove that you dream at night?
no, you can't prove that you dream, we are just taking your word for it
but you know you dream

So right there is your answer to both questions: yes, you have experienced a supernatural event (as defined by the opening post "astral projection" and "remote viewing"). And no, it is impossible to document and prove that it is true.

Visiting the non-physical worlds is as real and as reliable and as ordinary as visiting the physical worlds. Only a person or culture operating at the most primitive level of understanding has trouble acknowledging the non-physical worlds.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 11-30-2009 at 02:24 PM..

Old 11-30-2009, 03:28 PM

Tzaphkiel wrote:
Quote:
...can you prove that you dream at night?
no, you can't prove that you dream, we are just taking your word for it
but you know you dream
Yes, measurements of brain activity indicate when we're dreaming. I don't believe that our conscious minds are out of our body having some sort of adventure in the astral world though. When I think about how weird some of my dreams are it makes it even more obvious that they aren't a real event. How could I be dreaming about a particular person and interacting with them in this astral world if that person isn't even asleep? How could I dream about various people who I've known at different times in my life who are interacting with each other in my dreams but they don't even know each other in real life and live in different parts of the country? I remember having a very vivid dream in which I was floating around downtown Seattle where I used to live. Some of the buildings looked the same as they do in real life but there were also many futuristic buildings in the dream that don't exist. I attribute that to my interest in architecture and skyscrapers and suspect that I was just imagining a new setting.
I'll grant you that dreams are very strange and puzzling and I often wonder why I continue to have dreams that are so similar but I am convinced it's just a brain function and I'm not traveling anywhere when I sleep.

Old 11-30-2009, 03:46 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,683,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzaphkiel View Post
. Only a person or culture operating at the most primitive level of understanding has trouble acknowledging the non-physical worlds.
Hahahha...okay, that's one of the funniest things I've read all day! You've got it completely backwards! Let me fix that for you:

Only a person or culture operating at the most primitive level of understanding believes that imaginary worlds actually exist.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality