Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 08:15 PM
juj juj started this thread

1,657 posts, read 2,633,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
1. The government is not effective, if you have a government that does not have an effective impacts on ordinary citizens, harassments are bound to happen, because there's no law to protect the minority.

2. I know that the Iraqi Christians had nothing to do with it, but wars always produce negative results.

3. Well the Americans are leaving, after invading it and ruined the country itself for no reason, its not like anything improved after 2003.
Yea, other than the mass graves and the rape rooms.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 05:28 AM

731 posts, read 776,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Yea, other than the mass graves and the rape rooms.
Iraq is a hard country to govern anyways, Saddam was brutal but he was the only person who could stabilize the country.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Iraq is a hard country to govern anyways, Saddam was brutal but he was the only person who could stabilize the country.
So are you saying, for the sake of stability, it's okay to have a brutal dictator run your country?

Old 01-27-2010, 07:59 AM

125 posts, read 284,987 times
Quote:
Here's another article that just came out today that reiterates the same article.

Christian in Egypt: ‘They Try to Kill Us’ « Liveshots

It happened in every Middle East country and is happening in the few that have small Christian populations.

People wise up. It doesnt matter if your Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Budhist, or agnostic or an atheist. If the Muslims get to be the majority and thus get their way, YOU WILL BE MUSLIM.

You better quit thinking about that bigger TV and nicer car and start having some babies. It's the only way our culture is going to survive.
I'm an Egyptian, my neighborhood has more than 15 big churches, my house is owned by a Christan and more that two third of the building are Christians, there are churches everywhere, Christians are much more wealthy in Egypt, the minister of finance is christian, we live normally,

you can't take one incident and generalize, you can look here in Egypt at incidents where Christians murder their daughters for marring a moslim, but we don't generalize also,

There are extremists at both sides, but not murderers, life is normal, no one is trying to mass killing each other, you can visit us of you want?!

Regards,
mahmoud

Old 01-27-2010, 04:34 PM

Quote:
So are you saying, for the sake of stability, it's okay to have a brutal dictator run your country?
Well its better than living in fear almost everyday.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Well its better than living in fear almost everyday.
See that is exactly why you're country is like it is and why the United States of America is the greatest country in the world. Our forefathers who wanted independence from Great Britain understood why liberty is so important and fundamental to human kind. I believe most but not all Americans understand it today. There are quite a few who take our freedom for granted. But I believe if we were threatened, everyone would get on board. We just won't put up with that kind of c-r-a-p.

We have racism. We have people who hate other kinds of folks, but we don't kill them. The idea of killing another person because they are different, or they hurt your feelings, or insulted you HAS to be removed from a society for there to be any peace or any true prosperity for all.

Old 01-28-2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
See that is exactly why you're country is like it is and why the United States of America is the greatest country in the world. Our forefathers who wanted independence from Great Britain understood why liberty is so important and fundamental to human kind. I believe most but not all Americans understand it today. There are quite a few who take our freedom for granted. But I believe if we were threatened, everyone would get on board. We just won't put up with that kind of c-r-a-p.

We have racism. We have people who hate other kinds of folks, but we don't kill them. The idea of killing another person because they are different, or they hurt your feelings, or insulted you HAS to be removed from a society for there to be any peace or any true prosperity for all.
Well thats the U.S. you're talking about, as for Iraq, things got a lot worse, nowadays you have Shiite, Sunni, Christian gunmen in each neighborhood. Bombings happen almost everyday. Personally i wouldn't call this democracy, this is hell for most Iraqis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality