Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 05:30 PM

151 posts, read 154,466 times

Advertisements

With understanding the facts of all resources on how the name Jesus come to use, and understanding the definition facts of transliteration, and understanding the fact that proper nouns when translating a message get carried over as the way they sounds, example our savior name is Yehoshua in Hebrew/Aramaic it would still be Yehoshua in Greek or any other language, except the dialect or accent of that particular language. So therefore Is it correct that the Greek transliteration Iesous is a mistransliteration and that make the name Jesus a mistransliteration. Before answering try transliterating Yehoshua/Yeshua into Greek yourself using the Ancient Greek alphabets by matching letter by letter.Cause according to the Greek alphabets it is logically and correct transliterated as Ieosua, or Ieoosua for the Hebrew/Aramic name Yehoshua and Iesua for the short form of Yehoshua please pay close attention to how these transliterated form still produce the same close as possible sound as the Hebrew/Aramic name Yehoshua/Yeshua which the world is taught that the Greek name Iesous is the correct transliteration of the Hebrew/Aramic name, unless you transliterate the name yourself and you will see that it does not match to what it says, but however it does match the Greek god Zeus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2010, 05:40 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,630,095 times
I hate to be one to criticize but there seems to be alot of incomprehensible babbling in the OP. In layman's terms that would mean that I don't have the slightest idea of what you're trying to tell us.

Old 01-17-2010, 06:10 PM

The bible tells us to prove all things, and all resources tells us that our savior name Jesus is the transliteration of the Latin form (Iesus) and the Latin is the transliteration of the Greek form Iesous which is the form of the Hebrew/Aramaic name Yehoshua, so if you transliterated the Hebrew/Aramaic name Yehoshua or Yeshua yourself you will not come up with the Greek name Iesous which is pronounce as (ee-ay-sooce, or ee-sooce, or dyzooce, or gee-sooce) however you will come up with Ieosua, or Ieoosua which is pronounce as (ee-oo-soua) same as for the short form Yeshua into Greek as Iesua which is pronounce as (ee-soua), and the bible tell us that there is only one name for us to be saved by, so we don't want to be calling on the wrong name, and please understand that this have nothing to do with a certain denomination, but what is true.

Last edited by thaaman2000; 01-17-2010 at 06:31 PM..

Old 01-17-2010, 09:48 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,436,083 times
so...I guess what you are trying to say is that those who 'improperly pronounce' the name of Jesus will be denied salvation?Even if God knows who they are talking about?Wow heaven is getting smaller and smaller.

Old 01-18-2010, 06:11 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,616,724 times
It's very nice of you to point out that "Jesus" came via the Greek. But stop and think for a moment: the man himself was not Greek, and didn't speak the language. So why should it be such a problem to call him Joshua, or even more accurately, Yeshua--since that's the name to which he himself would have answered? (If someone started calling you by a variant of your name transliterated from a different language, how would you feel?)

Old 01-18-2010, 09:45 AM

Well let me put it to you this a way, but first I would like to know who told you that the Father would know who you are talking about, is it because we would assume that because he knows all things that will compensate for our lack of knowledge, we as a true believer will not use that saying as a crutch when knowing that the scripture tells us that we perish all just for the lack of knowledge, meaning not knowing the truth and not even trying to see what is actually true once the truth come to you, just incase you may say "well the Father knows our heart", the fact is he does knows our heart if we really desire to know the divine, unadulterated truth or not, just by doing what Paul tells us to do in second Thessalonians 5:21 (PROVE ALL THINGS) that means not to leave not a one stone unturned. So now do you think that all the devil worshipers, the ones that call upon all the other names of whom they think is their deity, that the Father knows that they are talking about him even if they are calling a total different name that he proclaimed, cause there is a difference between mispronouncing a name and a total different name. Remember the scripture tells us that there are many gods and many Lords, and that's why it is so important that we are sure we are calling on the correct name.

Old 01-18-2010, 10:15 AM

2,074 posts, read 2,164,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaaman2000 View Post
Well let me put it to you this a way, but first I would like to know who told you that the Father would know who you are talking about, is it because we would assume that because he knows all things that will compensate for our lack of knowledge, we as a true believer will not use that saying as a crutch when knowing that the scripture tells us that we perish all just for the lack of knowledge, meaning not knowing the truth and not even trying to see what is actually true once the truth come to you, just incase you may say "well the Father knows our heart", the fact is he does knows our heart if we really desire to know the divine, unadulterated truth or not, just by doing what Paul tells us to do in second Thessalonians 5:21 (PROVE ALL THINGS) that means not to leave not a one stone unturned. So now do you think that all the devil worshipers, the ones that call upon all the other names of whom they think is their deity, that the Father knows that they are talking about him even if they are calling a total different name that he proclaimed, cause there is a difference between mispronouncing a name and a total different name. Remember the scripture tells us that there are many gods and many Lords, and that's why it is so important that we are sure we are calling on the correct name.
The most important name you should be calling is our Heavenly Father... so go to your Father. Jesus tells us this how many times in the Bible?

I apologize for digressing a little bit from your thread, but I'd like to know your thoughts on this version of Romans 5:5, which Dr. Ed Young talks about in his series on Love is a Many Splendored Thing and from the video: All You Need Is Love.

Winning Walk

"In Romans 5:5, Jesus said that God so loves you and so loves me that by the Holy Spirit he pours his love into your heart and he pours love into my heart."

Jesus is referring to God's Divine Love... the most important thing in all the Universe that we should be receiving and it is this that is our salvation. Blessings.

http://truthforallpeople.com

Old 01-18-2010, 10:37 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,933,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thaaman2000 View Post

I'm curious is to what makes you assume the human mouth is physically capable of pronouncing the name of god?

Old 01-18-2010, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
I'm curious is to what makes you assume the human mouth is physically capable of pronouncing the name of god?
Mr.scarming, if we can please stay focus on the original question and try not to get out of context, the original question is solely for to reveal what is true and what is not true about the true name of our savior, and not the Father

Old 01-18-2010, 05:57 PM

391 posts, read 513,905 times
I am confused.... Please, explain this to me. I know that when many families came to Ellis Island that their names were changened. Does that mean they are not who they are? When someone changes their name from Alberto to Albert he is now a different person? What is the point? Do you think that the Romans respected the Hebrew names during a census? Was the fact that they may have not make a difference to my faith? Please, I am not the most educated person in this area and I would like to understand. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality