Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 11:33 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishmom View Post
Ok so if you ever come up this way we'll have a pajama party in our SUV's...LOL

That sounds like fun!! Haven't been to a pajama party in ....well, let's just say a long time!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2007, 01:16 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,904 times
Default jumping in

Hello, everyone. I'm out of town and sure do miss my obsession with the c-d forum. Managed to sign on with dial-up! Hope you don't mind my joining in. I feel like I've been gone so long. I feel like an outsider!

I drive a black Suburban. And when the whole family load up, we fill it to capacity! On the back door you will find two large fish and five little ones swimming behind. You will also find a bumper sticker from our local Christian radio station. Hanging from my rear view mirror is a cross that I got many years ago during my religious ed. class. Oh, and on my visor I have one of those angels that say "never fly faster than your guardian angel" that my mother gave me.

I dress very casual! I love to stay in my PJ's all day. In fact, that's what I still have on. It is not unusual for me to stay in them all day. I have some that could easily pass for casual wear. Unless you've been shopping in the Walmart lingerie section you probably wouldn't know the diff. I used to have an obsession with Victoria Secret, but after 5 kids, the last time I tried shopping there the sales girl was kind enough to inform me that Victoria's big sister was Lane Bryant. (Good thing I have thick skin. Or maybe that's just the underlying baby fat).

Old 05-29-2007, 01:28 PM

7,541 posts, read 17,235,568 times
I drive a blue Mustang GT, which I suppose does fit my personality! Unfortunately Ford does not offer their 85% ethanol engines in Mustangs, only trucks.

I tend to dress in jeans and various types of shirts, which does fit me. I'm a pretty casual guy. For a bit more dress, I like Banana Republic, when I can afford it! Not much into high fashion (both $ and it doesn't make a lot of sense to me).

Old 05-29-2007, 01:32 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
Default Weatheologist and victorias secret

A couple years ago on my birthday one of my girls handed me a big hot pink Victoria Secret box. I was so flattered and was hoping ,"please God, let this be a joke and she doesn't expect me to wear this" First I found some wonderful smelling body wash and lotion, (thank you lord) next was a beautiful pair of light blue scuffs,(thank you again lord) Finally I separated the pink tissue paper and to my delight, there was a beautiful pale blue long brushed cotton winter night gown with Victorias Secret written in selver across the chest

Old 05-29-2007, 02:13 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,096,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
I dress very casual! I love to stay in my PJ's all day. In fact, that's what I still have on. It is not unusual for me to stay in them all day. I have some that could easily pass for casual wear. Unless you've been shopping in the Walmart lingerie section you probably wouldn't know the diff. I used to have an obsession with Victoria Secret, but after 5 kids, the last time I tried shopping there the sales girl was kind enough to inform me that Victoria's big sister was Lane Bryant. (Good thing I have thick skin. Or maybe that's just the underlying baby fat).

Wanna join Irishmom and me for a pajama party??

BTW, I'm simply not paying those prices for Victoria's Secret stuff -- unless I can wear it where everybody can see it! (And that ain't happenin' either!)

I do wear one of the cologne's...

Old 05-29-2007, 02:23 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,668,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post

BTW, I'm simply not paying those prices for Victoria's Secret stuff -- unless I can wear it where everybody can see it! (And that ain't happenin' either!)

Why does Victoria Secret ring a bell with me?....pardon everyone, my memory is going in my old age...

OH YEA

She and I were once considered very close....but that was before my children were born. She could not keep up with me, said my issues were way too weighty for her.

Old 05-29-2007, 02:24 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,788,904 times
Talking can i bring the kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FL_TN_Nana View Post

Just joking. I'd love a pajama party. Just let me know where and when.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:49 PM

646 posts, read 1,610,641 times
What does it say that I do not own a car? I live in NY city, so a car is simply not necessary. If I were to buy one, it would be a utilitarian car, manual transmission. Sporty is nice, but not necessary.

As for clothing, work is dress pants and shirt. Weekends is jeans and a t-shirt or sweatshirt, depending on the season.

Old 05-29-2007, 04:55 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,624,668 times
Quote:
Can I come too? I don't actually own pajamas but I'd be willing to buy a pair for the occation.

Old 05-29-2007, 05:14 PM

2,267 posts, read 3,298,039 times
Thats funny, I remember the first night I had my Expedition, I didn't want to leave her alone in the garage...I looked all over, counted cup holders - 8 and cigarette lighters...I forgot how many exactly, but there are enough to plug in all kinds of things.

Last edited by Lisa_from_Debary; 05-29-2007 at 05:46 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality