Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:50 PM

354 posts, read 750,027 times

Advertisements

i found this link:

Atmosphere of Earth - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

oh ya, i remember that. so the term i am looking for is atmosphere. i like the illustration of the layers of the earth with matching flying objects that can be seen or fly there. well then why do other planets don't have that. and scientists knowing mars only has 1% athmosphere think that they will find aliens living there? honestly?! knowing also that there is no air/oxygen or enough of it to cultivate life? honestly? and i know about gravity. it still does not explain a round earth but we walk in FLAT lands.

i do not even read the bible. i am just saying why waste a futile exploration of life on other planets when people on our own planet cant even find jobs so they can LIVE.

shibumi: and i am mad because i am the only one that wonders why we have diff layers of atmosphere and other planets does not seem to have one?! ok. if that makes u happy.

Last edited by baket; 03-22-2010 at 09:11 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2010, 09:47 PM

33,576 posts, read 37,205,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baket View Post
i found this link:

oh ya, i remember that. so the term i am looking for is atmosphere. i like the illustration of the layers of the earth with matching flying objects that can be seen or fly there. well then why do other planets don't have that. and scientists knowing mars only has 1% athmosphere think that they will find aliens living there? honestly?! knowing also that there is no air/oxygen or enough of it to cultivate life? honestly? and i know about gravity. it still does not explain a round earth but we walk in FLAT lands.

i do not even read the bible. i am just saying why waste a futile exploration of life on other planets when people on our own planet cant even find jobs so they can LIVE.

shibumi: and i am mad because i am the only one that wonders why we have diff layers of atmosphere and other planets does not seem to have one?! ok. if that makes u happy.
We have the atmosphere we have because over a period of billions of years earth itself created it. Much of the atmosphere we have today was actually created by life, including the most important element, oxygen.

Last edited by sanspeur; 03-22-2010 at 10:21 PM..

Old 03-23-2010, 03:24 AM

sanspeur: i hope you read your own answer. it is silly at minimum. anything to disprove a creator huh? oh.. how convenient... earth created it billion of years ago... blah blah bla. ok. whatever makes you happy. but what about the other planets? do you mean when big bang happens? earth was just sooo lucky to have ALL the elements it NEEDS to cultivate life. wow. i am not a scientist but if i am one, i will find a planet that has atmosphere EXACTLY like the earth's. i believe it is the MOST important part in able to find life. for one, atmosphere's layers protect us from harmful elements in our solar system. how can scientists try to tell us there is other life "out there"? without atmosphere in other planets? honestly?

well well. look here sanspeur:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atmosphere_of_Venus

venus also "created" its own atmosphere. and has atmosphere like the earth's. but where is the life on there? if life on other planets is to be found. it is most likely in venus, not mars. but why don't they explore it?(oh they apparently are, good.) they are so obsessed in mars. it appears there is no life in venus because it does not have the PERFECT percentage of this and that elements, magnetic field, blah blah like earth's. one thing is for sure venus has no water today, that's important for preservation of life. according to the link, it appears venus has water billions of yrs ago. taking that into consideration, it seems venus and earth both has elements to cultivate life, but earth MIRACULOUSLY only was the one to succeed? how can ANYONE who sees the earth in our solar system and its seemingly PERFECT elemental conditions not believe there has got to be a creator. especially the mind boggling fact that the earth is round but we walk on flat lands.

Last edited by baket; 03-23-2010 at 04:51 AM..

Old 03-23-2010, 06:40 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,937,880 times
Quote:
basically, yes. lemme put it this way. am i the only one that wonders why when our space shuttle go back to earth, they don't obviously land on earth's surface? they kind of "penetrate" the earth and its skies to land on their shuttle runway. now i am kind of wondering why mars or other planets(?) don't have that kind of "penetration".
Mars does have the kind of "penetration". There is a gaseous atmosphere on Mars. It is not primarily nitrogen, like earth's, but there is a gas layer on Mars.

So, you're wrong.

Quote:
maybe scientists ignored it coz they can't even explain without a shadow of a doubt their so called evolution of man. how can science explain australia down under earth but they don't fall off the earth and they are walking on flat land. you really really must be an arrogant fool to say there is no Creator. with all this mind boggling facts.
People do not fall off Australia because gravity pulls towards the center of the Earth.

Quote:
and that is why i am saying NASA is kind of delusional into thinking they can find a way for us to live in other planets. what basically is the reason why they spend this millions of dollars to study mars? actually i also read somewhere. they are studying mars minerals or whatever hoping to use it to cure diseases. i mean, honestly?
Scientists are not delusional, you are uneducated about the facts.

Big difference.

Old 03-23-2010, 06:42 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,252,654 times
Quote:
sanspeur: i hope you read your own answer. it is silly at minimum. anything to disprove a creator huh? oh.. how convenient... earth created it billion of years ago... blah blah bla. ok. whatever makes you happy. but what about the other planets? do you mean when big bang happens? earth was just sooo lucky to have ALL the elements it NEEDS to cultivate life. wow. i am not a scientist but if i am one, i will find a planet that has atmosphere EXACTLY like the earth's. i believe it is the MOST important part in able to find life. for one, atmosphere's layers protect us from harmful elements in our solar system. how can scientists try to tell us there is other life "out there"? without atmosphere in other planets? honestly?

well well. look here sanspeur:

Atmosphere of Venus - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

venus also "created" its own atmosphere. and has atmosphere like the earth's. but where is the life on there? if life on other planets is to be found. it is most likely in venus, not mars. but why don't they explore it?(oh they apparently are, good.) they are so obsessed in mars. it appears there is no life in venus because it does not have the PERFECT percentage of this and that elements, magnetic field, blah blah like earth's. one thing is for sure venus has no water today, that's important for preservation of life. according to the link, it appears venus has water billions of yrs ago. taking that into consideration, it seems venus and earth both has elements to cultivate life, but earth MIRACULOUSLY only was the one to succeed? how can ANYONE who sees the earth in our solar system and its seemingly PERFECT elemental conditions not believe there has got to be a creator. especially the mind boggling fact that the earth is round but we walk on flat lands.
i agree with you -definitly has to be a creator-who do you thinks controlling the atoms-theirs too much design in life to say that theirs no intellegence behind it and many other obvious reasons but to think that this planet is the only one in the universe that has life-well if it is, then what a waste of space

Old 03-23-2010, 06:43 AM

Quote:
i found this link:

We walk in FLAT lands because the earth is large enough that the human eye cannot easily see the curvature of the earth from the surface.

Other planets *do* have atmospheres. Jupiter is a "gas giant", meaning the entire planet is an "atmosphere".

The whole frecking planet, as deep as we can discern.

Where did you get your scientific education?

Old 03-23-2010, 07:33 AM

well then. why are there no life/aliens on jupiter, scarmig? come on. how very convenient that the earth has the PERFECT life cultivating elements? come onnnnnnnnnnn?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post

Scientists are not delusional, you are uneducated about the facts.

Big difference.
well then tell me what is the scientists' justification on the fact that mars has not enough atmosphere to protect whatever is there and knowing jupiter has loads of atmospheric gas why did they obsessed on mars really?

in fact knowing what i know about earth especially looking at it from space point of view. does it not amaze you how when looking at it from space that there are people living there, worrying about their everyday life. i for one want to experience how it feels to leave earth and what do you actually see when u pass by diff layers of atmosphere? now why does mars don't have that and if they explore jupiter or venus.. i dont know i cant explain if they penetrate the diff layers of atmosphere in jupiter and venus can they also see clouds and sky from up above when they land somewhere? only arrogant fools can see earth from space and NOT wonder how the hell those things happen in PERFECT harmony.. to its surroundings.. like if you see earth from space, wow billions of people ACTUALLY live there. it is just surreal.

what is your answer on my post about venus atmosphere just like earth's they even say it had water, but no life cultivated from it?

it is also a FACT science has no answer for EVERYTHING.

Last edited by baket; 03-23-2010 at 07:51 AM..

Old 03-23-2010, 07:57 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,252,654 times
i dont blame atheists for not beileiving in God-i blame christians

i think most atheists are former christians or were brought up with the christian beleife in their community as was i

what i mean bye the christian beleife-and dont get me wrong because not every christian beleives in this-but the eternal hell concept is so atrocious that who on earth would want to beleive in that- it turns people away from God

but their are other truths and philosophys that are more based on reality than that of the missenterpreted bible

just because the christian philosophy dosent make sense( and its not Jesus' fault that people dont understand Him) dose not mean that their is no truth in God out there somewhere-seek and you'll find

Old 03-23-2010, 08:10 AM

Quote:
well then. why are there no life/aliens on jupiter, scarmig? come on. how very convenient that the earth has the PERFECT life cultivating elements? come onnnnnnnnnnn?!

well then tell me what is the scientists' justification on the fact that mars has not enough atmosphere to protect whatever is there and knowing jupiter has loads of atmospheric gas why did they obsessed on mars really?
1. There might be, but we either have not found it, or cannot recognize it.

2. Even on earth, there are specific conditions required for life to happen in such a way that we can recognize it. Jupiter does not duplicate those conditions. Mars is the closest planet we know of to conditions similar enough to Earth that if there were life, we might actually recognize it.

Quote:

in fact knowing what i know about earth especially looking at it from space point of view. does it not amaze you how when looking at it from space that there are people living there, worrying about their everyday life. i for one want to experience how it feels to leave earth and what do you actually see when u pass by diff layers of atmosphere? now why does mars don't have that and if they explore jupiter or venus.. i dont know i cant explain if they penetrate the diff layers of atmosphere in jupiter and venus can they also see clouds and sky from up above when they land somewhere?
Yes, it is amazing, and humbling. But emotions are not evidence of god.

If you want to experience what it is like to travel through different layers of atmosphere, you can do that. There are companies that will take on a ride in a fighter jet, far higher than a commercial airplane will go. Even commercial airplanes fly "above" clouds quite often.

The reason you do not see many clouds on Mars is because the atmosphere is less dense. There is not as many molecules of air to catch dust and water and hold it airborne. There *are* duststorms, however. And that means there is wind, temperature changes, and occasional clouds of dust.

Yes, if you could get into the atmosphere of Jupiter and look up, you would see clouds, just as you can see the clouds from outside Jupiter. However, Jupiter is so very very large that we do not current have spacecraft capable of entering Jupiter's atmosphere and surviving. We *have* crashed spacecraft into Jupiter, and we know it is a gas giant for certain.

Quote:

only arrogant fools can see earth from space and NOT wonder how the hell those things happen in PERFECT harmony.. to its surroundings.. like if you see earth from space, wow billions of people ACTUALLY live there. it is just surreal.
only an uneducated puddle would look at itself from above and not wonder how the concrete was shaped to perfectly hold the puddle in place with it's surroundings.

Quote:
what is your answer on my post about venus atmosphere just like earth's they even say it had water, but no life cultivated from it?

it is also a FACT science has no answer for EVERYTHING.
Venus has an atmosphere, and trace amounts of water. Again, there hundreds of factors required to happen in a narrow range in order for life to exist in a form we can recognize.

Science does not have an answer for everything. That does not mean science is false, and it does not excuse your lack of education on the subject.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:40 AM

532 posts, read 1,271,881 times
It's a bit arrogant to subscribe to an organized religion, beliving that you understand god and the origins of the universe is rather self important. This applies to atheists as well. So many are certain that no god exists when there is so much that has yet to be explained about the origins of existence.

The brightest minds that ever lived, with much more clarity of thought than you or I, have an array of beliefs ranging from the devout to the atheistic, I marvel at those who look upon these people whos beliefs do not mirror their own and confidently dismiss them as being wrong.

I for one admire those who find peace and purpose in an organized religion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality