Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2011, 11:38 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,632,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
Read the OP again. You experience it for yourself. All one has to do to experience it is go to the room.
I've read the OP. All it says is that it's a secret based on belief. That's not evidence or proof of anything. Tenzo gives no real explanation of what is meant by bending time and space. From what I gather is that unless you believe it, you won't experience it. If it were in fact a phenomena of general reality, then anyone should be able to experience it, regardless of belief or lack of it. Tenzo later says:
"I honestly believe what I typed. So you have two realities. Either
1) reality really is what we belive it to be.
and/or
2) I'm crazy"

Tenzo left out one other option: it's an illusion. After all, Criss Angel was able to make himself levitate and made a full grown elephant vanish.

If such a room gives the perception of a bending of space and time, I think I'd be looking for some other cause, if for no other reason than to eliminate other possible causes. One question would be why does it happen in that particular room and not somewhere else outside of the room, such as in a hallway or some other room?

In a way, Tenzo's scenario sort of resembles a LionsGate miniseries film shown on the Sci-Fi Channel called "The Lost Room", which is about a room that mysteriously bends time and space.

YouTube - The Lost Room - DVD Trailer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2011, 11:49 AM

4,196 posts, read 6,294,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzo View Post
What if......

What would you do?
I would check in with a doctor to make sure i'm not delusional. Once the doctor confirms that I am indeed delusional for seeing the room in the first place, then i would just keep my story/delusions to myself until i check out!

Old 05-06-2011, 07:03 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,713,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raison_d'etre View Post
This is proof that some peoples minds are so closed that or blocked by their programed view of things that they can't answer a question based on the info given. Stop reading things into peoples posts that aren't there.
Do you really have nothing better to do with your life than dredge up year old posts and insult people about them? How pathetic. You need to go and revisit your happy place.

Old 05-06-2011, 11:02 AM

2,505 posts, read 2,325,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
Do you really have nothing better to do with your life than dredge up year old posts and insult people about them? How pathetic. You need to go and revisit your happy place.
First, I am not the one who brought this post back up. Second, Your comment points to one thing... You are a troll. Because you have nothing to offer this thread other than a poor attempt an an insult. How old are you? 10?

If you have nothing to offer this thread or others, please don't post.

Old 05-06-2011, 12:14 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,371,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
What if you go to the room, but don't accept the experience at face value. You investigate the room and realize it is all an illusion, nothing more than a magic trick, a mis-perception. It doesn't really alter space/time. You invite others who have been to the room to go back and take a critical look at the experience, but they refuse to do it, because they really want to believe in the magic, that the room really does bend space/time.
You mean The Mystery Spot isn't real?!?!?!

Mystery Spot - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-06-2011, 04:24 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,890,487 times
Quote:
What if;

You wanted to explore the world.
You went to all the different areas, just to explore. From the most famous areas like New York's time square, to the most boring, like the middle of Wyoming.

(Stay with me, it gets better)

During your travels you find, quite by accident, a room. In that room is the secret to bending space and time. You try it, and it works! No, it's not an analogy, you can quite literally, change time and space.

You look around the room and there is evidence that others have been here before you. Though you don't know when. There is also no reason others could not come here later.

So, being very excited, you tell your friends.
But they don't believe such a room can exist. So they won't bother to go.
Others say it might exist, but they are too busy right now.

You search for people to tell this great discovery.
You find some have been there, but have given up telling others.
Many more have claimed to be in this room, but when when you talk to them you realize, no they haven't, and they are just saying so to get attention.

Rarely, you do find someone who has been there and knows the secret. But they keep it to themselves, perhaps from going through your same experiance.

I can't share it with my family because they don't believe in it. Those who have not been there, don't believe it exists. And you can not show a person this room by force. I can demonstrate the ability to anyone but they either pass it off a luck, coincidence or unexplainable.

What would you do?
Uh oh, this guy sounds like hes going to go off and start a new religion. In the next five years we will be on here debating the merits of it LOL

What I diont understand is, are you asking this as a hypothetical question or are you asking as somone who claims to have actualy experienced this?

Old 02-11-2012, 11:22 PM

1,657 posts, read 4,069,367 times
I’ve now met 6 people, including one who studies the phenomenon. He is a teacher at one of the top universities in the United States. He studies it and teaches the method. So I guess it’s less of a philosophical question now.
I’ve been tested against a control group.

Scientifically put, I can drop my brain into a complete Theta state. The teacher at the university can do it in about 14 seconds. It takes me longer. This has been measured. In this state I can visualize something in a state of existence and 60% of the time it will happen. The control group runs about 5%. The woman I met in Hawaii could do the same thing.

Unfortunately I’m still having trouble controlling it. If emotion enters into it nothing happens. In some cases I can’t see anything and it doesn’t happen. If I can’t drop into the Theta state it does not happen.

I've been told that the subconscious thinks of actions without consequence. It comes out when you are dreaming. Like when you dreamed you jumped off a cliff and flew. Or a completely fanciful daydream.

The subconscious never goes to sleep. In addition the subconscious process much faster than the conscious.
“ study suggests that the subconscious mind processes about 400 billion bits of information per second. Compare this to your conscious mind, which processes only about 2,000 bits of information per second. We have 50 trillion cells in our body performing trillions of processes – so an enormous processing power is required. Another take: only about 0.01% of all the brain’s activity is experienced consciously”

Information processing within the central nervous system (http://www.mind-body.info/Contents/CONSCIOUSNESS/Mind-Brain%20I-Processing.htm - broken link)

The ‘yellow room’ is the idea that reality is what we think it is. That the physical world around us is not immutable and can be changed by thought. And anyone can do it. Like Neo in the matrix is a good example.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsUZscC0bbU

[Yes, I kind of knew no one would believe me.

Last edited by Tenzo; 02-11-2012 at 11:31 PM..

Old 02-12-2012, 09:49 AM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
I’ve now met 6 people, including one who studies the phenomenon. He is a teacher at one of the top universities in the United States. He studies it and teaches the method. So I guess it’s less of a philosophical question now.

Scientifically put, I can drop my brain into a complete Theta state. The teacher at the university can do it in about 14 seconds. It takes me longer. This has been measured. In this state I can visualize something in a state of existence and 60% of the time it will happen. The control group runs about 5%. The woman I met in Hawaii could do the same thing.

Unfortunately I’m still having trouble controlling it. If emotion enters into it nothing happens. In some cases I can’t see anything and it doesn’t happen. If I can’t drop into the Theta state it does not happen.

I've been told that the subconscious thinks of actions without consequence. It comes out when you are dreaming. Like when you dreamed you jumped off a cliff and flew. Or a completely fanciful daydream.

The subconscious never goes to sleep. In addition the subconscious process much faster than the conscious.
“ study suggests that the subconscious mind processes about 400 billion bits of information per second. Compare this to your conscious mind, which processes only about 2,000 bits of information per second. We have 50 trillion cells in our body performing trillions of processes – so an enormous processing power is required. Another take: only about 0.01% of all the brain’s activity is experienced consciously”

Information processing within the central nervous system (http://www.mind-body.info/Contents/CONSCIOUSNESS/Mind-Brain%20I-Processing.htm - broken link)

The ‘yellow room’ is the idea that reality is what we think it is. That the physical world around us is not immutable and can be changed by thought. And anyone can do it. Like Neo in the matrix is a good example.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VsUZscC0bbU

[Yes, I kind of knew no one would believe me.
Whatever brain state you achieve, if you can control what you experience . . . you are dreaming or controlling the subconscious, period. Acquiring a disciplined control over what you experience in altered states is the only way to discern what is real. The only time you know you are experiencing real phenomena during an altered brain state is when you cannot consciously control or change the experience.

Old 02-12-2012, 10:41 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,806,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotted1 View Post
Take a picture of the damn room.
Forget it, everyone will say it's Photoshopped.

Old 02-12-2012, 12:55 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,632,121 times
Quote:
Which top US university is it? Who is the teacher?

Quote:
First of all, I don't think The Matrix is a very good example at all because it's a fictional story. If you think about it, it involved taking either a red pill or a blue pill. In other words, a hallucinogenic that could potentially alter a person's mind vs a placebo.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but since the "yellow room" is just an idea, then there is no actual yelow room that bends time and space. It's just a "what-if" scenario you were using as an example? You could've just as easily have said the room is blue, red or green.

You still haven't yet clarified what you mean by saying the room can bend time and space. How would you know time and space has indeed been bent by the room? Or are you suggesting the "yellow room" was just meant to illustrate a person's mental perceptions?

The thing is that a person can very well perceive certain events as being quite real, even if it isn't. For others to determine it's validity as a reality, there would need to be a mutual agreement that it is indeed a reality. Otherwise, it would understandably be considered an imagined and false perception. That's not to say it wouldn't seem real to the person with the experience, but it doesn't provide any external or independent verification that it's anything other than an illusion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality