Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2010, 04:10 PM

22,139 posts, read 19,198,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Ibrahim View Post
why is miracles so rare in our days.
they aren't.
they happen all the time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2010, 04:16 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,249,041 times
you want proof-check this out

The Hindu Milk Miracle Video - Ganesh Drinking Milk - best documented paranormal phenomenon of modern times.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodpasture View Post
How about you get real. explain to me how tragedy for some cancels out the miracles that happen around us all the time? Millions of cattle die each year for our consumption, yet that does not detract in the least from the miracle that is a calf as it first stands and runs as it's momma licks it clean.
yeah and then you slaughter that miracle-kind of cancelling out God's good work dont ye think

Old 04-03-2010, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melvin.George View Post
I believe that folks who live in Never Never Land will NEVER get over it.

What about the "beauty" connected to the more than 900,000,000 in this world who are starving to death or suffering from complications of malnutrition? Most of them are children. Get Real!
people suffer or enjoy due to their karma...

Old 04-03-2010, 04:28 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarmig View Post
Because we understand more now, and much of what used to be considered miraculous is now scientifically understood.
I agree with this

Old 04-03-2010, 04:35 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,559,309 times
Quote:
How about you get real. explain to me how tragedy for some cancels out the miracles that happen around us all the time?
Two weeks ago I was driving down a turnpike in a nearby town. A new, pearl white Cadillac Escalade turned from a side road onto the four lane just in front of me. The first thing I noticed was a Christian fish on the right side of the rear of the vehicle and then in bold letters on the other side was a bumper sticker. "This Family Is Blessed!"

I almost wrecked. Who has ever heard of such an assuming bunch of BS? People who are obviously rich are so far from the heaven I've read about in the new testament that they have no clue.

What has happened to:

Be Meek
Turn The Other Cheek
Walk The Extra Mile
Love Thy Neighbor As You Love Yourself
Love Thine Enemies
Pray For Those Who Curse And Despise You
If Sued In Court For Your Coat, Give Also Your Cloak
Then...if you want to be perfect as Matthew 48:19 instructs a Christian to do:

Sell What You Have, Give It To The Poor, Take Up Your Cross And Follow Hey Zeus.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:45 PM

651 posts, read 1,416,491 times
Quote:
You must realize that there are miracles occurring every day. Today the wind is blowing warm and sunny.......although it can be explained scientifically, is it any less a miracle? My daughter in law asked me to feel her stomach where I felt my soon to be born grandchild kick........although it can be explained scientifically, is it any less a miracle? I heard a chicken announce to the world that she had laid an egg this morning........although it can be explained scientifically, is it any less a miracle?

However, if all you want is a stunt, watch some of the psychics on TV.....they will keep you occupied and amazed.
You seem to be using a very different definition of a miracle than the standard definition, an event that is unexplainable by natural causes and defies understanding. Wind, babies and eggs are understood occurrences. Sure, they give many people warm fuzzies but they are not miracles. And, I don't think these types of events are what the OP is talking about.

Old 04-03-2010, 04:54 PM

2,958 posts, read 2,559,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maia160 View Post
Wind, babies and eggs are understood occurrences. Sure, they give many people warm fuzzies but they are not miracles.
When it comes to the babies part the Labs across the street squirt out five or six twice a year.

If one gets all wrapped up in this blessing stuff they should back off and look at the reality of things. Every form of life on this planet which swims, creeps, crawls, walks or flies must take in nutrition each day through a mouth at the front or top...release some of it at the end or bottom to simply sustain life. So much for the miracles.

Old 04-06-2010, 07:35 AM

2,630 posts, read 4,938,468 times
There's a natural cause for everything, a miracle in this context is just what people call it when they are too lazy to find out what really happened or too scared to find out that the "miracle" has a simple explanantion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality