Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2010, 05:30 PM

314 posts, read 189,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
the only arguments against God's existence ,one- people pulling out fawlty bible verses-and using that as an excuse

the other is either-species evolution theory or the big bang theory and actually this cant have any real purpose to the question-because even if these theorys were true it still dosent rule out the possibilitys of the existence of a God...infact in IMO if these theorys were true it should support the argument,..only God could have made ALL THIS WITH A BIG BANG

so please feel free to give any proof if you can or just let us hear your thoughts
Well, there is no proof there is not a god, that is true. However, all supposed "evidence" that there is a god, falls flat on its face when put to any reasonable examination. Nothing about the lore of a god matches with nature. Complete mismatch.
Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2010, 05:41 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by semperarmati View Post
Well, there is no proof there is not a god, that is true. However, all supposed "evidence" that there is a god, falls flat on its face when put to any reasonable examination. Nothing about the lore of a god matches with nature. Complete mismatch.
well you explain to me what the lore of God is since you know Him so much,and im not been smart here but this is what i mean.............................................. .................................................. .................everybody has an opinion of what God is even you,and i dont think you even beleive in Him- but your able to say that God's lore dosent match with nature-so your using an opinion of someone who you dont beleive in to bad mouth Him saying that He's something that dosent fit with nature because you know this of Him,but yet you dont beleive He exists-so you trying to mismatch God with nature and using Him as the excuse-holds no merit.....it would be a different story if you knew everything about Him though,which is immpossible.....the point is what do any of us know about God's charachter-energy's- pastimes-powers-love-we all have opinions of what God is we can only look forward to meeting and finding out what He's realy like-but if you dont beleive in Him how can you say what He is.?

Old 04-12-2010, 05:44 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,250,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCfromNC View Post
I continue to enjoy believers spending so much time telling us they could do something (in this case, show us how god explains anything) that they run out of time to actually do it. Kind of like "my dad could beat up your dad" - if you sound convincing enough you'll never have to actually follow through with it.
what are you talking about

Old 04-12-2010, 05:50 PM

253 posts, read 795,082 times
Is there any proof that there's a real god? No one can give you an answer to this question or your's.

Either way, I choose to live my life how I see fit and not how a book or priest says I should.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:19 AM

5,458 posts, read 6,716,826 times
Quote:
what are you talking about
Promises that you could provide evidence of something is quite a bit different from actually providing it. I see a lot of the former and very little of the latter.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:46 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookreader2010 View Post
Panterra I don’t know how to take your post? Are you for it or against it?

I took a quick look at Hammonds book, not to down it because I really haven’t read it, but the book I am referring to blows hammonds book clean out of the water with a different kind of evidence!
Oh, you were serious? I would just say that I would consider the two lines of reasoning for evidence in the same fashion.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:47 AM

190 posts, read 465,877 times
no

Old 04-13-2010, 07:50 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,821,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey1979 View Post
no
No what? You need to quote the post to which you are responding.

Old 04-13-2010, 09:56 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
No what? You need to quote the post to which you are responding.
Usually the unattributed responses are to the OP.

Old 04-13-2010, 11:34 AM

314 posts, read 189,439 times
Quote:
well you explain to me what the lore of God is since you know Him so much,and im not been smart here but this is what i mean.............................................. .................................................. .................everybody has an opinion of what God is even you,and i dont think you even beleive in Him- but your able to say that God's lore dosent match with nature-so your using an opinion of someone who you dont beleive in to bad mouth Him saying that He's something that dosent fit with nature because you know this of Him,but yet you dont beleive He exists-so you trying to mismatch God with nature and using Him as the excuse-holds no merit.....it would be a different story if you knew everything about Him though,which is immpossible.....the point is what do any of us know about God's charachter-energy's- pastimes-powers-love-we all have opinions of what God is we can only look forward to meeting and finding out what He's realy like-but if you dont beleive in Him how can you say what He is.?
Pretzelsprecht
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality