Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2010, 01:50 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,234,569 times

Advertisements

Well said, rifleman. It's been 42 years since I left Christianity. Natural processes and their results are far more impressive to me than any religion made up by the ancients to 'explain' it all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2010, 01:59 PM

1,301 posts, read 2,114,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
OK! Let's look.

"Nearly 20.5 million people continue to reel under the impact of the floods in 20 districts of the State."
Bihar?s flood devastation: Is it nature?s fury alone?

"Even as the tally of the number of victims of cyclone SIDR continues to rise following early assessment reports by various agencies, it is also becoming obvious that the scale of its devastation is much more than just what these figures reveal."
Red Cross Red Crescent - News

Briefing: devastation in New Orleans : Nature News

There is much more of same if you want it.

Yep! We sure can.
The female praying mantis is another fine example of nature.

Luckily for us homo sapiens, we males have it a little easier when it comes to mating with the opposite sex. Well, most do anyways. I suppose anything's possible if you get with a crazy enough woman

Old 04-29-2010, 02:56 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,894,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by achickenchaser View Post
Luckily for us homo sapiens, we males have it a little easier when it comes to mating with the opposite sex.
Huh! You obviously haven't met 'SWMBO'.

Old 04-29-2010, 03:43 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,254,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Meditation is relaxation. I see nothing spiritual about it. I have mastered yoga, I have nice abs now and I am quite relaxed as well.
if you think that yoga is just simple postures and exercises then you have barely tipped the iceberg and obviously do not know the meaning of yoga or anything about yoga-yoga is a spiritual process-and is meant for combining with the Supreme-

Old 04-29-2010, 04:00 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,694,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
if you think that yoga is just simple postures and exercises then you have barely tipped the iceberg and obviously do not know the meaning of yoga or anything about yoga-yoga is a spiritual process-and is meant for combining with the Supreme-
And if you think there is only one way to do yoga and the only benefits from it, is spiritual , then you are sadly mistaken. It is called evolving and it like other things changes overtime as people, who have over the years, used yoga in many different ways and for very different purposes. Hate to burst your bubble, but not everyone feels a need to chase some imaginary spirit or spirit world, some just use it to center themselves and clear their minds and relax. I have been told yoga is not safe for Christians, as it focuses on one's self and true yogis believe man is god. Good thing I am not a Christian.

They sent me this, good thing I dont believe this BS..
http://www.allaboutspirituality.org/history-of-yoga.htm

Old 04-29-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
And if you think there is only one way to do yoga and the only benefits from it, is spiritual , then you are sadly mistaken. It is called evolving and it like other things changes overtime as people, who have over the years, used yoga in many different ways and for very different purposes. Hate to burst your bubble, but not everyone feels a need to chase some imaginary spirit or spirit world, some just use it to center themselves and clear their minds and relax. I have been told yoga is not safe for Christians, as it focuses on one's self and true yogis believe man is god. Good thing I am not a Christian.

They sent me this, good thing I dont believe this BS..
History of Yoga
that is a christian take on yoga-of course they are goin to say this that and the other about it-it dosent go with their beleifs-thererfore you might as well be worshiping satan-

sending me that link just goes to show that you havnt got a clue about yoga-and if thats the best you can come up with then your better off giving up on this conversation-you havnt got a clue about yoga face the facts their is nothing to be ashamed of-you are just ignorant.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
that is a christian take on yoga-of course they are goin to say this that and the other about it-it dosent go with their beleifs-thererfore you might as well be worshiping satan-

sending me that link just goes to show that you havnt got a clue about yoga-and if thats the best you can come up with then your better off giving up on this conversation-you havnt got a clue about yoga face the facts their is nothing to be ashamed of-you are just ignorant.
Oh there now, I was wondering when that "spiritual" highness was going to come out. Calling people ignorant because YOU ASSume someone doesn't know as you claim to. Reaffirms my opinion for sure. I know what yoga is about, I know how to read and I unlike others LOVE to learn. I was showing you some of the BS I get from people, but clearly you couldn't grasp that. What you need to get through your one-sided thinking is ,there is more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak. You can reap the benefits without having to be one with supreme whatever you believe. I am ashamed of nothing. OT and time to get back to the op.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Oh there now, I was wondering when that "spiritual" highness was going to come out. Calling people ignorant because YOU ASSume someone doesn't know as you claim to. Reaffirms my opinion for sure. I know what yoga is about, I know how to read and I unlike others LOVE to learn. I was showing you some of the BS I get from people, but clearly you couldn't grasp that. What you need to get through your one-sided thinking is ,there is more than one way to skin a cat, so to speak. You can reap the benefits without having to be one with supreme whatever you believe. I am ashamed of nothing. OT and time to get back to the op.
well you didnt make that very clear but sorry if i offended you-i thought you were saying this is what i know about yoga-and then giving me a christian link about it-but what i am saying is that the real meaning for yoga is linking up-which is what the word yoga actually means-people can do it their own way and get whatever from it but you cant take from its originality either and call it bogus-after all thats what it is meant for that is where it came from and that is what has been working for thousands of years-and their is different yoga processess alright,and all i was saying is that the postures and exercises is only the tip of the iceberg,not that their is anything wrong in it just that their is much more to it-but it has to be done right to get the desired effects

Old 04-29-2010, 04:41 PM

Quote:
well you didnt make that very clear but sorry if i offended you-i thought you were saying this is what i know about yoga-and then giving me a christian link about it
Sounds like a mis-communication then. No I was showing you the links I get from the Christians about yoga and others. I was just showing how they like to twist the truth.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Sounds like a mis-communication then. No I was showing you the links I get from the Christians about yoga and others. I was just showing how they like to twist the truth.
sound
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality