Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2010, 12:47 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,103,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Years ago, in a philosophy class, the instructor said that the only difference between humans and animals is that animals fornicate and defecate in public.
Your professor obviously has never been to Mardi Gras or some third world countries, respectively speaking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2010, 03:43 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,252,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
doeable, you're just too darned humano-ego-centric for my taste! Even with ketchup drizzled all over you!

The songs of whales and dolphins, the tweets" of various birds, like penguins under water, or of song-birds in the spring. elephants communicating over huge distances with sub-sonic sound waves (to our ears at any rate).

You assume , since you're not privy to how artistically or poetically it might be being said, that it's therefore inarticulate and without spirituality. At odds with your idea is that apparently whales and dolphins and elephants can easily identify specific individuals at immense ranges. Could it possibly be the manner of their voices? Inflections? Artistic components? Poetry?

Not to your mind. Well... that's just typical illiterate human arrogance.
ive more respect for animals than you have and i know there true nature is the same as our true nature-spiritual beings,but try explain that to any animal and see if you get a reply or teach them how to be pure souls.

i never said they cant experience threse things just that they cant experience them anywhere near what we can...try teach an animal how to have honorand nobility and above all God consioussness

why do i have more respect than animals than you.....well you kill animals unnecessarily(their is plenty of other food avalable besides meet)and if their was no other option then i would do the same meself-but their is another option

but i would give the man that kills his own meet more respect than those who just pick it up in the shops in nice handy packets(most people who eat meet wouldnt be able to do the dirty work themselves....but just remember when you kill a dear you could be killing a mother.....

Old 04-10-2010, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Are you sure animals can't experience these things? Have they told you that?
If not how do you know? Birds appreciate and compose music, whales sing, some animals are compassionate, tolerant, patient etc. and elephants not only appreciate art, but do many original paintings...What? You don't believe me? Check it out!

paintings by elephants - Google Search

Just because we cannot communicate with animals is our failing not theirs. They are not the ignorant ones we are.
its true alright that some people are actually more ignorant and dangerous than animals-but i wasnt saying that they dont experience these things,just not on our level.......our level of intelegence far exceeds any animal.even the smartest,all you have to do is look around at what we can either create or destroy.

Old 04-10-2010, 03:52 PM

the difference between us and the animals is that we can aquire spiritual knowledge and put it into practice animals cant.but at the same time a devotee see's every living thing with equal vision because he is aware that God exists as Paramatma in the heart's of every living entity.
all souls are equal in nature but in the conditioned state our consiousness can vary from demigod all the way down to a single celled organism.

Old 04-10-2010, 03:58 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,103,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
the difference between us and the animals is that we can aquire spiritual knowledge and put it into practice animals cant.
Well if that is the criteria, I give the other animals the edge.

Old 04-10-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Well if that is the criteria, I give the other animals the edge.
why?

Old 04-10-2010, 09:36 PM

33,572 posts, read 37,194,916 times
Quote:
its true alright that some people are actually more ignorant and dangerous than animals-but i wasnt saying that they dont experience these things,just not on our level.......our level of intelegence far exceeds any animal.even the smartest,all you have to do is look around at what we can either create or destroy.
You absolutely did say they couldn't experience those things...You can't back pedal and fool anyone when you leave tracks.

Quote:
the animals cant experience art's, music(might be able to hear it but not compose or apreciate it)dance,love ,commpassion, tolerance, patience,care,nobility,honor,any where near what we can-they are completely in the mode of ignorance
I do agree that man seems to be more intelligent, but how do we know for sure....

Old 04-11-2010, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
You absolutely did say they couldn't experience those things...You can't back pedal and fool anyone when you leave tracks.

I do agree that man seems to be more intelligent, but how do we know for sure....
i actually said they couldnt experience them any where near what we can(go back and read it again and again if you want the words are their-i even had to go back myself-you made me doubt there for a second) and all you have to do is look around at what we can create to realize how much mor intellegent we are

Old 04-11-2010, 04:06 AM

33,572 posts, read 37,194,916 times
Quote:
i actually said they couldnt experience them any where near what we can(go back and read it again and again if you want the words are their-i even had to go back myself-you made me doubt there for a second) and all you have to do is look around at what we can create to realize how much mor intellegent we are
You said "any where near what we can", then contradict that with "They are completely in the mode of ignorance" Which is it? It can't be both.

I just said that we are more intelligent in my last post, but animals are as intelligent as they need to be...If humans hadn't learned to manipulate their environment we would still all be living in Africa, that is if we survived at all.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:04 AM

290 posts, read 389,048 times
No.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality