Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2010, 10:53 AM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEsydney View Post
So, let's all persist that he answers those questions. I'm really curious. Every time someone asks him about these things he just ignores the question.
Sure we could insist that he answers the questions, but you hit the nail on the head exactly why that doesn't help. He simply ignores the question. When he does answer, it's by hopscotching around, twisting things out of context, or by invoking magic with such memorable phrases such as, "It's been proven...", "We now KNOW...", "I believe they are telling the truth...", "We have photos and videos...", "So and so said it was there...", "Skeptics are unbelievers...", "They're just jealous because they didn't find it first...", or, "The Bible tells us..." (even though the Bible is silent about it). He has no explanation so he reverts to his usual collection of tired, old, wornout phrases which say absolutely nothing at all.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:53 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
I 've been scouring the pages of the London Times searching for even a mention of the discovery of the Ark, but to no avail, seems it is bull.... after all.
I've heard though that fundamentalists have discovered the Ark of the covenant in Jimmy Swaggerts toilet.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:26 PM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
4. How many of any species (i.e.: just one male and one female? A dozen of each gender? More?) does it take, in your opinion, to successfully re-establish their world-wide re-population, especially when they are dropped off in a totally hostile environment to them, let's say 5 - 10,000 miles from home, with the global flood still in recession?

Not to mention the very long gestation periods of some mammals. The elephant has a 22 month gestation period and typically give birth to one calf at a time (two is the max and is not common). So roughly two years for a calf to be born. Hopefully the Ark elephants would give birth in the order of female, male, female, male, and so on.

While elephants typically live 50-70 years, It would still take some time to re-establish the population. This is, of course, assuming that no hungry lioness did not kill the calves soon after birth (lions are known to do that). We also need to ensure that the parents nor any of the calves fall to any disease. And we won't even get into the pesky details of the problems associated with inbreeding. But I guess magic has all that covered.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:04 PM

7,628 posts, read 10,971,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
You leave links, but they don't contain any evidence to support your fantasy either, just the blogs of like minded loons.
My links provide names, dates, and labs. If that is a fantasy to you, what can I say? With those kinds of details anyone seeking the truth could confirm those details. Of course, for some it is easier to call all those who actually did the research, like minded loons. And that is the kind of responce I believe you would hear from a closed mind.

Old 06-05-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Sure we could insist that he answers the questions, but you hit the nail on the head exactly why that doesn't help. He simply ignores the question. When he does answer, it's by hopscotching around, twisting things out of context, or by invoking magic with such memorable phrases such as, "It's been proven...", "We now KNOW...", "I believe they are telling the truth...", "We have photos and videos...", "So and so said it was there...", "Skeptics are unbelievers...", "They're just jealous because they didn't find it first...", or, "The Bible tells us..." (even though the Bible is silent about it). He has no explanation so he reverts to his usual collection of tired, old, wornout phrases which say absolutely nothing at all.

As I have stated before, Scripture does not reveal all the details of how it all occured. For me to suggest I have all the answers would be foolish. Those who put their faith in evolution do not even have a fraction of such evidence. Yet many fully believe the theory based on no hard evidence at all. These people are actually walking around inside the Ark, and this account is coming to us from no less then six people. And lets not forget all the others from over the years that speak of seeing the Ark on that very same mountain. I believe such accounts are fully dismissed by those who have no use for the Biblical account, and the Biblical God. And anyone who confirms their realtiy, must also be branded as liars. I find it hard to believe that all six are liars, and that is why they will return to the Ark to reveal their find to others. What these people are telling you has nothing to do with with wornout phrases. I have confidence, they are telling us the truth.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:00 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
These people are actually walking around inside the Ark, and this account is coming to us from no less then six people.
6 people!!! Wow! Must be true then huh?

Quote:
And lets not forget all the others from over the years that speak of seeing the Ark on that very same mountain.
Let's not forget the millions that claim to have been abducted by aliens either.

Quote:
I find it hard to believe that all six are liars, ....
Only because you don't want to believe they are all liars.

Oh...post #558 btw.

Old 06-05-2010, 02:37 PM

5,462 posts, read 9,637,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Campbell34 View Post
As I have stated before, Scripture does not reveal all the details of how it all occured. For me to suggest I have all the answers would be foolish. Those who put their faith in evolution do not even have a fraction of such evidence. Yet many fully believe the theory based on no hard evidence at all. These people are actually walking around inside the Ark, and this account is coming to us from no less then six people. And lets not forget all the others from over the years that speak of seeing the Ark on that very same mountain. I believe such accounts are fully dismissed by those who have no use for the Biblical account, and the Biblical God. And anyone who confirms their realtiy, must also be branded as liars. I find it hard to believe that all six are liars, and that is why they will return to the Ark to reveal their find to others. What these people are telling you has nothing to do with with wornout phrases. I have confidence, they are telling us the truth.
As usual, you enjoy twisting things around to suit your own fancy. Here you state scripture does not reveal all the details. And yet you have previously stated that "we now know..." (referring to the recent claim of finding the Ark) as if to claim it's all now a matter of fact. So if scripture does NOT reveal all the details, then you have no idea one way or the other and are merely making assumptions. You're quite right about onbe thing though, scripture does NOT reveal all the details.

The wornout phrases wasn't referring to "these people". I was talking about the phrases that you yourself keep repeatedly spinning to avoid giving direct answers to direct questions or specific points that have been raised. In other words, when the questions are difficult, you try to dodge 'em. If you don't know, fine, all you need to say is that you don't know. No one is going to fault you for that. But when you make claims that "We now KNOW...", you need to be able to back it up with evidence. And the only evidence you've provided are the claims of other people, and a few questionable photos and videos. As usual, the videos are dark and unclear as to what is being seen, apart from using wild imagination which has been presuggested by those making the claims.

You can have all the confidence in the world that these people are telling the truth. I haven't stated they are lying. Maybe they aren't. But it is entirely possible they might have fallen for a hoax. It wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing has happened. On the other hand, it is also possible that they do know it's a hoax. Either way, it puts your belief in a rather awkward position, because you simply don't know one way or the other.

If you are correct, and it actually is KNOWN for a FACT to be the Ark, then where's the undeniable evidence to prove it? Where are the technical reports to verify the claims? After all, wasn't it said they were 99% certain it is indeed the Ark?

Old 06-06-2010, 12:37 AM

3,261 posts, read 3,705,936 times
Would,nt the media be full of Ark stories, where are they?

Old 06-06-2010, 03:27 AM

61 posts, read 77,898 times
Address post #558 please.

Old 06-06-2010, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
As usual, you enjoy twisting things around to suit your own fancy. Here you state scripture does not reveal all the details. And yet you have previously stated that "we now know..." (referring to the recent claim of finding the Ark) as if to claim it's all now a matter of fact. So if scripture does NOT reveal all the details, then you have no idea one way or the other and are merely making assumptions. You're quite right about onbe thing though, scripture does NOT reveal all the details.

The wornout phrases wasn't referring to "these people". I was talking about the phrases that you yourself keep repeatedly spinning to avoid giving direct answers to direct questions or specific points that have been raised. In other words, when the questions are difficult, you try to dodge 'em. If you don't know, fine, all you need to say is that you don't know. No one is going to fault you for that. But when you make claims that "We now KNOW...", you need to be able to back it up with evidence. And the only evidence you've provided are the claims of other people, and a few questionable photos and videos. As usual, the videos are dark and unclear as to what is being seen, apart from using wild imagination which has been presuggested by those making the claims.

You can have all the confidence in the world that these people are telling the truth. I haven't stated they are lying. Maybe they aren't. But it is entirely possible they might have fallen for a hoax. It wouldn't be the first time that sort of thing has happened. On the other hand, it is also possible that they do know it's a hoax. Either way, it puts your belief in a rather awkward position, because you simply don't know one way or the other.

If you are correct, and it actually is KNOWN for a FACT to be the Ark, then where's the undeniable evidence to prove it? Where are the technical reports to verify the claims? After all, wasn't it said they were 99% certain it is indeed the Ark?
I also know that World War II really happened. Yet I could not begin to give you all the details of what occured. Does that mean it is not true. Of course not. Yet I know enought to confirm it did happen. Noah's Ark is the same. Those who believe in evolution could not give me all the details explaining evolution? Yet they still believe in the theory. Yet we have far more evidence for the Arks existance, than they have for evolution. Historically to this very day, we have numerous eyewitiness accounts of the Ark being on Mt. Ararat. We have no eyewitiness accounts of anyone witinessing evolution. And those who beileve in the theory, do so based on assumptions only. We now have pictures of the Ark from afar, and from inside of it. And since the Ark was just discovered in recent times, your technical reports will be coming. As you well know Noah's Ark Ministeries International is now picking the next group to climb Mt. Ararat to further explore the Ark. They have invited those with the technical knowhow to consider the find, and they will reveal to all what was found up there. The link below gives you an example of what we are talking about here. This is not some ancients summer cabin.

http://www.noahsarknews.com/assets/img/7spaces.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality