Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 08:32 PM

28,103 posts, read 29,997,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeshuasavedme View Post
You are totally twisting the entire subject so as to obfuscate the facts of the secrets of darkness in Masonry and Mormonism.
Oh, yeah man... secrets of darkness. Spooky, evil darkness. Sinister, wicked darkness. Let's hear it for the darkness!!!!

Yeshuasavedme, you are such a wonderfully entertaining addition to this forum. Please don't ever leave.

Old 05-11-2010, 11:04 PM

2,981 posts, read 5,459,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Oh, yeah man... secrets of darkness. Spooky, evil darkness. Sinister, wicked darkness. Let's hear it for the darkness!!!!

Yeshuasavedme, you are such a wonderfully entertaining addition to this forum. Please don't ever leave.
What has that to do with the OP?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:23 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,129,655 times
^^Because you are just as entertaining and inaccurate as the video!!!

Old 05-12-2010, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
^^Because you are just as entertaining and inaccurate as the video!!!
So what is inaccurate in the video?
If a Mormon is uninformed about what Mormonism has taught from its highest and original founders, does that make what the original founders taught, which are true original teachings from the founders of the Mormon Church, as Hueff points out, to be a lie?
Is it a lie that they taught it, or is it a lie that a particular Mormon knows the truth about what they taught? I think it was made clear that Mormons are uninformed about what the founders and the leaders of Mormonism after them, taught. That does not make it inaccurate that it was taught by the founders, and believed today by many Mormons.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Lots of stuff, which I have discussed in depth in this thread. Finally, I realized that, with the exception of the person who posted the video (who split as soon as I started addressing the lies it contained), everyone else recognized it as just another hateful piece of propoganda that was good for a laugh but little else. At that point, I stopped posting corrections. I guess most people on this forum are not as gullible as the author of the OP expected them to be. And then you, dearest yeshuasavedme, happened to stop by.

Last edited by Katzpur; 05-12-2010 at 05:12 PM..

Old 05-12-2010, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Lots of stuff, which I have discussed in depth in this thread. Finally, I realized that, with the exception of the person who posted the video (who split as soon as I started addressing the lies it contained), everyone else recognized it as just another hateful piece of propoganda that was good for a laugh but little else. At that point, I stopped posting corrections. I guess most people on this forum are not as gullible as the author of the OP expected them to be. And then you, dearest yeshuasavedme, happened to stop by.
And don't forget Hueff, the ex-Mormon, who posted an excellent reply here:http://www.city-data.com/forum/14104998-post56.html
and
http://www.city-data.com/forum/14099328-post51.html
http://www.city-data.com/forum/14100142-post52.html

So lets deal with them simply and one at a time.
Does Morminism teach now, or has it ever taught, and has it ever refuted it, if it did, that Mormons will stand at the final judgement seat before Joseph Smith, the Mormon Jesus, and the Mormon Elohym?
Please do not just say that you do not believe it and it does not matter, anyway, but, then, but please answer the question: does Mormonism teach that Joseph Smith will be the judge of Mormons, for their worthiness before entry into Mormon heaven?

Old 05-12-2010, 06:57 PM

Quote:
So lets deal with them simply and one at a time.
No, let's not. I don't even try to have conversations with you, ysm. I have absolutely no interest whatsoever in explaining my beliefs to you because you wouldn't believe anything I said anyway, and we both know that. Furthermore, nobody really listens to anything you have to say, so I'm not even worried about damage control. Have a nice day, sweetheart.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:39 PM

3,202 posts, read 4,438,221 times
Quote:
If a Mormon is uninformed about what Mormonism has taught from its highest and original founders, does that make what the original founders taught, which are true original teachings from the founders of the Mormon Church, as Hueff points out, to be a lie?
Is it a lie that they taught it, or is it a lie that a particular Mormon knows the truth about what they taught? I think it was made clear that Mormons are uninformed about what the founders and the leaders of Mormonism after them, taught. That does not make it inaccurate that it was taught by the founders, and believed today by many Mormons.
To 'lie' requires an intentional action designed to decieve.If you believe what you are saying to be 'true' then it is not a 'lie',even if it is incorrect.You have made dozens of posts on this forum that I have found somewhat ridiculous....but since I feel that you believe them I wouldn't call them lies....I merely think you are wrong.....yet often highly entertaining

I have already told you,as have others,multiple times that mormons don't believe that our leaders are infallible....they can be wrong,just like everyone else on the earth can be wrong,without being a liar,.......well except for you who can never be wrong apparently.

I was surprised it took you so long to join in over here since you are generally one of the first ones to join into the mormon bashing posts....this one seems about done so I think you joined the party too late to get much mileage out of this one.I hope you enjoyed the video however,it was silly,but much to the disapointment of the op this mormon doesnt care if people watch it.....'fundie propaganda hack jobs 'dont bother me.......although I fail too understand if their version of 'truth' is so great why they dont just devote their time to promoting what they 'do' believe instead of devoting so much time to attacking and distorting the beliefs of others.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:44 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,129,655 times
Quote:
I will simply say, that nearly everything in the video is inaccurate, stretched, twisted or flat out incorrect. The intent of the video is obvious. If they had such compelling evidence, then they would not have had to resort to lies or twisted half truths, like all of your other "sources".

I have seen first hand how the fundies like you are "taught" about Mormonism and how to witness to Mormons. I have witnessed the teachings in fundy theological Seminaries, and the out and out lies taught, but then again they did the same thing versus virtually every other faith and religion, not to mention the massive infighting and internal power plays.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
I have seen first hand how the fundies like you are "taught" about Mormonism and how to witness to Mormons.
I don't think the fundies will claim her either, slo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality