Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 11:21 AM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbognar View Post
So if we don't go by the old testament anymore, does that mean that homosexuality is OK?

And do you have a reference about the tree rings? Tree rings are caused by seasons, not by rain. But I've never heard about missing tree rings before.
Oh please, please do not bring up homosexuality again...it never ends well...LOL

The references believed to condemn homosexuality in the OT are moot, but there are also references to it in the NT that are believed to mean it as being sinful...so let's just drop that one...please.

Honestly I do not know of the tree ring issue...but I'm sure someone does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2007, 02:10 PM

208 posts, read 507,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6479 View Post
By "ignorance" I don't mean to offend. I simply mean that we should teach the next generation to look for evidence, rational argument, and logical thought processes, rather than accepting a "creation" museum as factual history without questioning its authenticity.
Happily, the next generation is finding all the evidence they need about our creation in the Bible

Jesus Christ is Risen, He is Risen Indeed !

Old 05-30-2007, 03:04 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
When I first heard about this museum I thought it was a satire, like I was reading an Onion article. Turns out that sometimes you just can't out-satire real life.... I'm speechless...

Old 05-30-2007, 04:38 PM

219 posts, read 718,056 times
I'm not sure who posted about the tree rings "missing" due to severe rain but - that is not what causes tree rings to be narrow - it is the opposite such as a drought which would cause ring narrowing. Tree rings indicate growth of the tree and encountering a drought, a particular blistering winter or summer can slow growth and thereby you will have thin rings. Dendrochronology is also a bit more complicated than simply counting rings.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:44 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
I'll post my question on here because no one has answered it in two other posts on different boards and the creation museum actually has a display of dinosaurs and humans walking together. What did Noah do with the dinosaurs on the Ark? Did he load the T-Rex up on board sedate it for 40 days and nights to keep it from eating the other animals? Did he go against God's will and not load the dinosaurs up? Clearly, in the Bible it stated he was supposed to gather all the animals of the earth and load them on a ship. Or, were the dinosaurs wiped out prior to the flood which the Bible states nothing of. Also, if the earth were only 6000 years old how come there is no written record in the bible or any other ancient civilization depicting dinosaurs and men walking. Cave drawings of early human man over 10,000 years old depict early man hunting for animals and fighting off terrible beasts but none of them resemble dinosaurs. Please, I'd love to hear the answer.

Old 05-30-2007, 04:54 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
I have another obvious problem with humans living with dinosaurs. If we've only been around a few thousand years and we started off with the dinosaurs then why didn't any human beings bother to write down the details of the TRex they just saw walking by? There's a written history of every little detail you can think of since civilization began and I would have thought that animals as tall as trees might have gotten someone's attention. There's no art work of dinos, no written descriptions, nothing. When people first started to discover the actual fossils of dinosaurs only several hundred years ago no one had a clue what they could be. It was nothing anyone was familiar with. Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here! That's because they existed long before we did. How obvious can it be?

Old 05-30-2007, 04:55 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,461,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MontanaGuy View Post
I have another obvious problem with humans living with dinosaurs. If we've only been around a few thousand years and we started off with the dinosaurs then why didn't any human beings bother to write down the details of the TRex they just saw walking by? There's a written history of every little detail you can think of since civilization began and I would have thought that animals as tall as trees might have gotten someone's attention. There's no art work of dinos, no written descriptions, nothing. When people first started to discover the actual fossils of dinosaurs only several hundred years ago no one had a clue what they could be. It was nothing anyone was familiar with. Ok, I'm going to go out on a limb here! That's because they existed long before we did. How obvious can it be?
MontanaGuy, I feel your pain! This makes absolutely NO sense to me and I have a feeling the response will be that I have to believe to understand. I'll go out on that limb and see if it snaps

Old 05-30-2007, 05:09 PM

22,922 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
I have another obvious problem with humans living with dinosaurs. If we've only been around a few thousand years and we started off with the dinosaurs then why didn't any human beings bother to write down the details of the TRex they just saw walking by? There's a written history of every little detail you can think of since civilization began and I would have thought that animals as tall as trees might have gotten someone's attention. There's no art work of dinos, no written descriptions, nothing.
Someone is going to quote Job at you in a minute.

Quote:
When people first started to discover the actual fossils of dinosaurs only several hundred years ago no one had a clue what they could be.
People have been digging up dino bones for thousands of years. At least since the ancient Greeks. Did they know they were dinosaurs? No. Some have even speculated that people of past days digging up fossils were the origins of things like dragons, giants, griffons, etc. (A triceratops skull could easily be mistaken for a griffon.)

Quote:
That's because they existed long before we did.
I do not disagree. I don't think human beings could have survived anywhere where they were sharing the food chain with T-Rexes and velociraptors.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:32 PM

7,915 posts, read 18,626,210 times
Mark S wrote:
Quote:
People have been digging up dino bones for thousands of years. At least since the ancient Greeks. Did they know they were dinosaurs? No.
You're right about that. I should have gone into more detail and explained that in the last several hundred years when the sciences like geology became established and people were actually seeking rational answers to what they discovered in nature the discoveries of huge fossil bones were very puzzling to people of the time. They didn't fit into any known category of creature known to man and caused quite a stir. Early fossil digs were not very scientific and they just dug up everything without documenting what they were doing. The early American dig sites were very poorly excavated and people were just trying to pack home as many bones as they could dig up. Of course today they're extremely careful and everything about the site is meticulously documented.

Old 05-30-2007, 05:37 PM

208 posts, read 507,383 times
Quote:

As you know, these creatures were called "dinosauria" or terrible lizards coined in the early 1800's. So back then dinosaurs did not have specific names other than dragons, beasts or behemoths,etc. The answer to your questions are very simple to explain with a simple google search on "dinosaurs and the Bible" so I'm not going to go into the whole explanation here. Of course, an evolutionist will dismiss such info as fact, but that's fine because at least the Bible's answer to the dinosaur has an explanation wether you accept it or not. Evolutionists have a hard time believing that man and dinosaurs did not co-exist, but aren't we living among dinosaurs such as sharks, crocodiles, elephants, lions and even scorpions? The bible has the same consistant answer and explanation for the existance and death of the dinosaur. Can you kindly explain to me exactly how the dinosaur evolved and how did most of them die, yet others such as the shark, croc, scorpion, etc. survived. Please provide a link I'd like to read it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality