Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 05:45 PM

31 posts, read 78,122 times

Advertisements

There is one just outside of Sparks in Patrick (near the old Mustang Ranch) that any taxi will take you to from the Reno/Sparks area. I noticed last week they had a new billboard up on the way out of town. There's even a helipad for high rolling clients, I've seen them landing. That's all I know, nothing about job prospects. The Playboy Ranch (or whatever it's called now) outside of Mina (now THATS in the sticks) used to have a sign offering free showers and coffee, and yes there were always a few big rigs in the parking lot.

Old 06-16-2010, 06:40 PM

3,422 posts, read 10,905,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frustratedinbuffalo62 View Post
I am seriously considering applying for such a job as i have experience in the field.
This may sound like a weird question, but would you be able to keep your nursing license if you worked in a brothel (as a legal employee)?

Obviously breaking the law where prostitution is illegal would put you under review, just like DUI or other offenses, but I wonder where this would fall under the "moral character" part of nursing licensure?

(OP is a LPN and asked in the Vegas forum about nursing jobs in Vegas that is why I am asking)

Old 06-16-2010, 07:05 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,522,550 times
A funny 'ranch' story. Years ago when I was teaching in Reno, another couple, two teachers drove to Las Vegas for Thanksgiving, two very nice, very Mormon people. On the way back an ammunition truck from Hawthorne caught fire and burned, closing the road. Many stranded travelers, the "ranch" with the fake greek columns opened their doors for the stranded travelers. My friends spent the night in the cathouse. Very Nevada that.

Old 06-16-2010, 09:56 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,944,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
, If you like long haul truck drivers taking a break, Indians in off the Rez, and the usual bunch of guys that for one reason or another are unable to achieve relations with women, there you go.

"but, I enjoy "dates" that have all their teeth and to have bathed within a day or two. Not everyone is like me.
this is my problem- you are basically saying that Natives are dirty toothless people. fyi many rich people visit these "ladies" also rock stars movie stars etc...they are not part of your group up there.

why do you assume i am part cherokee?? why would you assume i am only part native? is that ment to be an insult cause if you know real ndns then you know that lots of european people love to claim cherokee and it is usually a joke amongst native people.

Old 06-17-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
lots of european people love to claim cherokee and it is usually a joke amongst native people.
Yep, I figure you to be like everyone else who claims "part cherokee" in the absence of other information, that is default.

Yep, anyone who goes to prostitutes iis, by definition unable to achieve normal relations with women. I can excuse the young single indian fiirefighters, and the young single anglo firefighters, and the young single Mexican American firefighters, going to prostitutes as a young man is a rite of passage. Just about any member of the military who served overseas as a young man also had that experience. They generally don't discuss that aspect once they have come home, met a nice girl and had a family.

Rich people are no more subject to being normal than the poor or middle class. For our purposes here, you can classify them with "the usual bunch of guys"

But back to this, First Americans and normal relations with women. Of course some First Americans have normal relations with women, just as do Native Americans such as myself, but you can see from my quote on domestic abuse, or just by living on the rez or any community with a preponderance of First American, that normal relations with women are more problematic with First American men than with other groups. That is a fact, it cannot be logically disputed.

It isn't their fault, it is the fault of the dominate culture that shattered the culture of First Americans.

I mentioned the Stewart Indian School, do you know anything about it? Do you know what went on there?

But back to the original poster, and my response to her, which is really the subject under discussion here. My point was to emphasize to her, that there is nothing glamorous about prostitution, you are dealing with men who need to pay for services, or often they are married, and want to pay for services. You will seldom get the handsome young Hollywood star, or anyone who remotely resembles him.

Old 06-17-2010, 10:31 AM

5,595 posts, read 19,050,998 times
(mod interpose: off topic posts from here on out will be removed. please continue the off topic discussion in a Direct Message)

Old 06-18-2010, 10:07 PM

8 posts, read 23,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post
This may sound like a weird question, but would you be able to keep your nursing license if you worked in a brothel (as a legal employee)?

Obviously breaking the law where prostitution is illegal would put you under review, just like DUI or other offenses, but I wonder where this would fall under the "moral character" part of nursing licensure?

(OP is a LPN and asked in the Vegas forum about nursing jobs in Vegas that is why I am asking)
To be quite honest? I have had ENOUGH of this LPN profession, 20 years +, it has turned into total BULLS*** and i am so ready for a change. I heard the prostitutes are independent contractors, if i can at the least work part-time as an LPN to maintain my license and at the same time in one of the brothels that would be good, and if the state licensing board found out i really would't give a rat's behind.

Old 06-19-2010, 04:16 PM

mod cut:

But on the concept of attending prostitutes, or attending to the needs of the guest.

Most happy men with satisfying lives, do not visit the ranches, If you work at a ranch, you are working with men who, for one reason or another, feel the need to drop cash for a short term friendship with a not particularly desirable "friend"

Not to mention the "ick" factor. As a guest, were you first or 15th that day? As a contractor, how many men today? 8, 12, 14?

Consider that.

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-20-2010 at 04:39 PM.. Reason: ignoring directives

Old 06-19-2010, 11:54 PM

8 posts, read 23,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarks View Post
mod cut:

But on the concept of attending prostitutes, or attending to the needs of the guest.

Most happy men with satisfying lives, do not visit the ranches, If you work at a ranch, you are working with men who, for one reason or another, feel the need to drop cash for a short term friendship with a not particularly desirable "friend"

Not to mention the "ick" factor. As a guest, were you first or 15th that day? As a contractor, how many men today? 8, 12, 14?

Consider that.
Well considered.
As a contractor, with 8,12,14, etc men? I'd be counting the bucks, baby!!

mod interpose: thread closed. no longer having to do with Nevada. members ignoring moderator directives.

Last edited by scirocco22; 06-20-2010 at 04:44 PM.. Reason: quote edited
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area