Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 09:01 AM

1,174 posts, read 6,944,865 times

Advertisements

Winter has arrived in northern Nevada. It looks like Reno/Sparks picked up a few inches, maybe three, of snow, and it has continued down through Carson, Minden, Gardnervlle, and points south in the Sierra. However, it looks like Dougas County only picked up about one inch or so overnight . . . untill you look at Tahoe where they picked up a few feet for the ski slopes.

We need this stuff for the snow pack. It's been too darn dry lately and I happen to like the snow. It makes things so clean and pretty and its not cold at all. I find thirty-ish degrees comfortable, even down into the twentes or so, so I hope it continues throughout the winter.

Bring it on Winter! I know this snow will melt in a few days, but I'll remain hoping for a white Chrismas and the remainder of the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 09:05 AM

5,978 posts, read 7,382,129 times
I envy you folks out there. Here in Florida (Tampa) it's going to get up in the 80s today, which is unseasonably warm for this time of year - it's usually in the mid to low 70s.

I'll have to take a look at the Heavenly webcams...

RM

Old 12-07-2007, 10:22 AM

154 posts, read 992,134 times
I live in the Double Diamond area and we got a good 6+ inches. Too bad most people around here don't know how to drive! Some areas of North Reno/Sparks only got 1-2 inches. Even near the airport it only looked like maybe 3". Still, we need the water, so bring it on! More snow is supposed to fall tonight/tommorow morning. I know all the skiers are happy.

Old 12-07-2007, 05:37 PM

jwaters-I saw your area of Reno on the channel 2 news. The Street looked like it had a lot more slush on it, and bigger piles on the side, than 395 down here. I can imagine with the morning commute that some people still had their heads in the wrong place.

It was said that the snow was supposed to go away by the afternoon. However, it's still snowing this afternoon down here in Douglas County. It's made for a real pretty day so far.

Last edited by garth; 12-07-2007 at 06:43 PM..

Old 12-08-2007, 07:23 PM

2,990 posts, read 8,713,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortonR View Post
I envy you folks out there. Here in Florida (Tampa) it's going to get up in the 80s today, which is unseasonably warm for this time of year - it's usually in the mid to low 70s.

I'll have to take a look at the Heavenly webcams...

RM
I'll Trade ya! Its in the 40s-50s here in Vegas! I love warm weather!

Old 12-11-2007, 11:37 AM

159 posts, read 599,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwaters943 View Post
I live in the Double Diamond area and we got a good 6+ inches. Too bad most people around here don't know how to drive! Some areas of North Reno/Sparks only got 1-2 inches. Even near the airport it only looked like maybe 3". Still, we need the water, so bring it on! More snow is supposed to fall tonight/tommorow morning. I know all the skiers are happy.
LOL I live in DOuble Diamond too and heartly agree, it's not MY driving I worry about, Im used to driving in 2+ feet of snow, it's other peoples driving who freak out when they see a slight dusting!

Old 12-12-2007, 06:31 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,412,216 times
Boy isnt' that the truth, either they crawl on the roads or they forget that it takes them a bit longer to stop in the snow.

Here we've had some ice fog and the roads are fairly bad but still able to drive at a reasonable speed.

Old 12-19-2007, 06:53 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,441,758 times
Went riding on the horses on the beach the other day, Temp in the 70's T shirt weather. High of 28 in Truckee. mmm why did we move?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:22 PM

Hey I had my fill of riding my horse on the beach as a kid in Calif. In fact, so many people moved in from outta' state, that they won't let you ride on the beach any more.

Hmmm, the horses were there long before them, and they moved there because of them, but now the horses are forbidden. Personally, I'd rather dodge horses and their "gifts" than pale white bloated New Yorker's laying out on the sand complaining about the crowds.

Oh well, that's why the natives leave . . . including me.

Old 12-20-2007, 05:47 PM

1,195 posts, read 5,412,216 times
I was raised in southern california and the beaches never seem to excite me none, but now I can just imagine the wall to wall sandy oily bodies. But as we all know Hawaii is much worse for conjested beaches. Heck I played volley ball on the beaches to the tunes of the beach boys live playing on the beach too, now that was awesome trip to the beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area