Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2018, 12:20 AM

152 posts, read 263,616 times

Advertisements

This new road connects Southeast Reno to Sparks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=YESPpwkyo1o
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2018, 07:53 AM

932 posts, read 2,348,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaRE View Post
This new road connects Southeast Reno to Sparks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=YESPpwkyo1o
It officially opens to the public July 6. This should alleviate a lot of traffic around the Spaghetti Bowl.

Old 07-21-2018, 06:36 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,188,788 times
Haven't used it yet. Looks nice.

I really appreciate all the new roads the state have built that make it easier for me to get to Pick n Pull.

The "music" on that video is god-awful.

Old 07-22-2018, 11:43 AM

1,002 posts, read 1,966,821 times
The state did not build the new connector, RTC did.

I've driven it several times now on different days and different hours. Have to say that it's awesome! I live in south Reno but my dentist, close friends, and some of my favorite shopping places are in Sparks. Getting to the dentist used to be a 45 minute drive. I can be there now in 20 minutes, even if I catch all the lights. Costco, Legends, and more dining out options are just 20 minutes away.

The hardest part of driving the road is sticking to the 45 mph speed limit in the open areas. Because the road starts and ends in congested areas I think they wanted to be consistent and stick with the 45 mph the whole way. But the middle part goes through empty wetlands area and is clear sailing. I have been setting my cruise control to be safe, but since it will be patrolled by Reno and Sparks (and I haven't seen any out there on the dozen or so trips I've taken) it will be interesting to see if they set it up as a speed trap.

If people are interested in the bike path out there I have a few neighbors who have already gone up and back. They loved the little rest areas, being off and away from the highway in places, ease of access, and for now it is pretty clean without the usual trash and goat head weeds to ruin your day.

Old 07-24-2018, 05:56 AM

1,415 posts, read 1,188,788 times
Re: speed

I hear that NHP is making bank out on USA Parkway nailing speeders with that artificially low limit. I don't see how, there's nowhere for them to hide.

Beautiful road!

Old 07-25-2018, 09:15 AM
RFF

165 posts, read 303,373 times
The new raceway and easy access to more new homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Reno-Sparks area
View detailed profiles of: